So, guys. I have a choice to make tomorrow

So, guys. I have a choice to make tomorrow.
I'll be buying my first car.

I could buy a 1994 Toyota Camry XLE Coupe for $2,300

Or I could buy a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe for $4,000

The Toyota has a 4-cylinder engine
The Honda has a 6-cylinder engine

They both have exactly 217,000 miles on them

The Toyota gets about 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway
The Honda gets about 21 mpg city and 30 highway

The Toyota goes from 0-60 in about 8 seconds.
The Honda gets about 5.8 seconds.

The Honda sounds a lot better, but I'm not a car expert, and I don't know how to tell reliability and whatnot. I don't understand the meaning of the Torque and Horsepower; that's all foreign to me. Plus, I was told that the Toyota would be cheaper to repair and maintain, and it costs less to insure.

Which should I do, Veeky Forums?

They're both kept in very good condition; the Honda was completely silent when I test-drove it; it was even very quiet when I opened to hood.
Though the Honda does smell like a wet dog when it rains, meaning that the previous owner had a pet, but that really doesn't bother me.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=2003091751010
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5610479634.html
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5599311351.html
savannah.craigslist.org/
staugustine.craigslist.org/cto/5554571429.html
lakecity.craigslist.org/cto/5600089029.html
ocala.craigslist.org/cto/5597543546.html
greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5584189219.html
savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5601195434.html
savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5606418468.html
savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5566359157.html
savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5596007303.html
savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5606427949.html
savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5586318825.html
savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5591277662.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Neither desu, what's your budget and location?

Get an ecoboost mustang

>217000 MILES
JESUS NO

I'm paying my way through college by myself; I come from a poor home and work a low-wage job.
In other words, my budget is probably at about $4,000. I'm in coastal Georgia.

What's wrong with them. Is it the mileage?
I think the Honda just got a new timing belt; the dealership is locally very reputable for its integrity and honesty in buying these used cars from auctions and reselling them in good condition.

I've had family members and close friends of the family with Hondas and Toyotas that lasted well into 400,000 miles.

>94
>04
>200k+
i am prince of nigeria, i need money to help clear legal problem to get through to get my inheritance of 1billion dollar. I need 4k of your money to do this. please send to nigeria for Kunta Kinte. I will pay you double for help.

Car prices must be garbage where you live

Bought cars from auction and resold at high ass price? ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Why? Is it because they refused to buy a new car even 400000 miles in?
Nahh. Rather, it's just everyone in my family is poor.
And since I'm going to college and fresh out of high school, I don't have enough of an income to afford anything better.

Is 4,000 really that bad?

You could probably find a funner car for $4k although they aren't bad I guess.

Why are you making this choice tomorrow? Does it have to be tomorrow?

the hell is your area? you have a decent budget. so no need to blow it on dealership garbage. i blew 2k on a 97k focus 06.

why are you comparing how fast they are?
just get a reliable car. not every car you need has to be quick

I really need to do it soon.
I have a sister that works the same job I do and goes to the same school I do, so even if this car doesn't last long, I can always still find a way to get to where I need to be.
That being said, I want to go on ahead and get a loan, do a car payment, and establish credit.
Anyways, I thought the car was pretty good for 4000. Again - I'm not looking for a damned racecar. I'm an 18 year old male - insurance would kill me. I've heard that the Honda Accord's mid-2000's models were actually pretty good sleeper cars.

I'm aware of this.
But I want to make sure I'm not buying a piece of trash for its weight in gold.

Buy a Civic you faggot
gimme your local craigslist and I'll find you one.

But why?

i'd probably find a better one than you, once he gives his area.

because you came here for answers, you're welcome to leave and blow you money on a p.o.s.

Manual transmission civic will treat you well OP. You can probably find an eg6 or ek9, maybe even an ep3 with that money. You have $4k in cash? Or did you plan on taking out a loan from your bank?

First off:
>The Honda gets about 5.8 seconds.
Sorry, but it doesn't. Especially not with that many miles.
Also, I'm pretty sure you accidentally reversed the MPG ratings, the Toyota should be better, even if it is 10 years older.

Now with 217,000 miles, you're going to have to do a lot of maintainence and upkeep, and looking at the "modifications" done to these cars, I can tell you reliability will most likely be shit. These cars have probably had a life of hard launches and bad hand brake turns by their ricer owners.

They are both "modified" and that isn't a good idea when buying used if you dont know what to look out for. The first red flag for me is that they are lowered, and I'm gonna guess you don't know how they were lowered, and what risks that brings to the table. They might have just cut the springs to lower them, which is bad. If the springs were cut, that signifies how the rest of the car was treated and modified.

Fair warning though, the body kit will fall apart badly, and the aftermarket headlights were most likely installed poorly which can lead to electrical problems. Also if they were not aligned properly, they will shine into oncoming traffic and might get you pulled over for having your hi-beams on, even though you don't.
TL;DR:
You're looking at the right models, just not the right instances of the cars. Get something completely stock, that looks like it was well taken care of, because if someone takes care of the outside of the car, they probably took care of the mechanicals. Also, a max of 150k miles.

Too much milage to recommend bro. Also the prices are too fucking high. Take about $800 off and MAYBE they would be fair.

Even if they run, lots of shit will most likely be broken.

Civic:
>glorious manual
>light
>very very very reliable
>shit ton of cheap parts
>easy to fix
>cheap to insure
>cheap in general
Now give me your craigslist you faggot

>funner

>get a Civic meme

good luck finding one in that price range that isn't riced to fuck with just as many miles

The cars in the pics aren't the two I'm buying.
They're just examples of those makes and models.
And no - here's the official page:
news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=2003091751010
Look under the column for "ex-v6"

The two cars I'm actually looking at aren't modified in any way, shape, or form. They're both in factory form.

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5610479634.html
This is the first result for manual Civic on my craigslist
Didn't even have to try
And if you want a coupe: newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5599311351.html
This one's $2500 and it has a stage 1 clutch

So post them, along with your local craigslist, or at least state/country faggot.
This is what you could be getting instead, it's probably cheaper where you live too.

this is bait drift-chan-senpai

You're stupid they are plentiful

Unless you are the type of jackass who considers window tint and black ice """ricer mods"""

Thanks for the tip, but I'm already hooked

savannah.craigslist.org/

I didn't take any pictures of the cars.

Let me tell u something op.. I owned a 98 civic for 6 years and a 02 camry for 1 year. In all six years i owned a civic only issues i had was o2 sensor (my landlord fixed it for me in literally 5 mins plus 60 dollar part) and a bad alternator (which to be fair blew up my battery and made the whole parking lot stink HORRIBLE)

In 6 years. One legit problem.
Both the civic and the camry never reached 90k miles yet.

listen to me., DO buy a civic
However.. DO NOT buy THAT civic. You're fucking retarded looking at a car with 217k miles. Thats the kind of mileage u buy when u only have 800 bucks to spend on a car.

Tldr buy a lower mile civic u twatwaffle

This one is a bit over, but I'm sure he'll take 4k.
staugustine.craigslist.org/cto/5554571429.html

High miles, but a coupe
lakecity.craigslist.org/cto/5600089029.html

Same as the other coupe, but different color
ocala.craigslist.org/cto/5597543546.html

Ask this guy for pictures
greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5584189219.html

I can find many more if none of these are good for you. A Savannah zip code would be helpful.

Here again..
Look faggot took me 2 secs to find imagine if i actually put effort in how much better of a deal i could get u. Don't be a sap and buy a 93 with 215k for 4gs ... dude was trying to rape you

savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5566359157.html

savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5596007303.html
If you call him, just say "I'm interested in your car" if he says which one, walk away. Pictures look similar to other listings so he might be a dealer.

savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5606427949.html

savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5586318825.html

savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5591277662.html

>savannah.craigslist.org/cto/5601195434.html
>automatic
Not OP but jesus

>Buick LeSabre
why would you wish that on anyone?

my 96 accord 4 cylinder is at 220k miles and gonna go for a long time but of coures its never been abused in its entire life.

Comfy, 3800 v6, owned by older people so maybe the maintenance was done more often.

That's good to know

How good is the transmission in these things?
I don't plan to ever gun the engine or abuse the car; I'm going to baby it.
Does that make the 200k miles slightly less horrible?

No.
Did you find anything you liked in my craigslist list?
This one:

I own a 04 Honda EX V6 six speed coupe. Its a great car. Handles ok, decent power, reliable, huge trunk, etc... The fuel economy is accurate I get low to mid 20's in mixed city driving. On roadtrips I've gotten 30-31 mpg. No contest between the 2, get the Honda. Make sure the timing belt has been replaced.

Also, read the fucking sticky, the majority of what I'm saying and most of your questions will be found in the sticky.

So, I looked up the carfax

There's been a TON of parts replaced.
Other than that, it seems to have had routine maintenance done and whatnot

>Camry coupe
>Camry
>Coupe

Defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

what purpose?

>and you will die in a burning wreck if you hit a bicycle...

It's got 217,000 miles, but I test drove it and pushed it and it handles and performs as though it were at only 21,700. It still easily hits the marketed 5.8 second 0-60 and it has the turn radius of a freaking golf cart. The engine is completely silent from the inside, only lightly purring like a cat when you slam down the gas pedal. The accelerator is still RIDICULOUSLY sensitive, even after its 200,000 mile lifespan. The brakes work perfectly, too. It has no modifications; it's all stock excluding the darkest tint that is legal on the windows, but that's just because the seats are leather, so the tint is somewhat necessary to protect the leather. It smells like a wet dog in the rain, but that's likely because the previous owner had a pet; that isn't a major issue for me.

has this happened?