/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 14th:
1385 – Portuguese Crisis of 1383–85: Battle of Aljubarrota: Portuguese forces commanded by King John I and his general Nuno Álvares Pereira defeat the Castilian army of King John I.
1480 – Battle of Otranto: Ottoman troops behead 800 Christians for refusing to convert to Islam; they are later honored in the Church.
1945 – Japan accepts the Allied terms of surrender in World War II and the Emperor records the Imperial Rescript on Surrender.

>News
EU4 DD11/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-11th-of-august-2016.962333/

CK2 DD 18: Optimization and Modding
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7d55WpKKyA
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_Smolensk_(Smolensk_oblast)_(1570).png
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Локотское_самоуправление
mediafire.com/download/lxda4xx6g9rcj1l/M&T_v1.25.7z
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.S._Sturmbrigade_R.O.N.A.#/media/File:RONApatch.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Reminder that it's time to stop

Reapers due when

Who else here fell for the comfy meme?

>CK2, play as the Strategos of Cyprus in 1066
>get the whole island for myself, sounds pretty comfy
>build castles and cities in the empty holdings
>upgrade everything else
>just focus on expanding my dynasty
>realise that my realm laws reset every time my character dies since the duchy is a viceroyalty and I don't actually inherit it
>have to hire mercenaries and fight a war of independence to be able to have any real progress, which defeats the whole purpose of this run
>get bored ~90 years in and delete my saves

An absolute waste of time.

Another one:

>Vic 2, play as Uruguay, not sure if it was PDM or HPM
>get a shitload of immigration since the first day, + natural pop growth since I start with 35 life ratings
>if I recall correctly, my capital reached 1 mil pops before the end of the century
>industry is sadly doing fairly shit since I don't produce many goods with industrial applications
>can't become a GP but don't care much since I'm in the US' sphere
>instead of blobbing into my neighbors, decide to expand into africa and develop it with colonial migration from my crowded mainland
>realise that for some absolutely retarded reason, new world pops won't move out of the continent under any circumstance, even if they're unemployed and starving, and unable to do anything else with their lives
>delete all my related saves and decide to never play a small country in this shit game again
>later see that the immense majority of /gsg/ unironically supports this broken colonial migration """"system""""

At least I don't mind playing GPs all the time now.

Reminder to shitpost

>play as greek
>complain about viceroyalties
Is this bait?

Daily reminder that La Plata is the rightfull capital of Argentina and the United Provinces

It's time to stop Anotsokindanon/HitlerMod/unHPM

Forced memes are the funniest memes

>tfw chileans and argentinians will never be brothers like in the past once more

youtube.com/watch?v=T7d55WpKKyA

>>realise that for some absolutely retarded reason, new world pops won't move out of the continent
Absolutely retarded reason which can be changed in one minute with notepad++

Memes are for children and the mentally impaired.

Reminder that the Falklands are rightfully British.

Forced memes are white and based

You're the only one who even gets behind this meme. It's like that one autistic kid in class snorting glue in the last seat. It's time to stop.

groß/gsg/vic2mpiums when?

Tell me more about British lands lad

I am but I am I always get stuck on just studing it. very annoying

I know I'm the only one. But who cares desu

Grob/gsg/ would have to include Stellaris and Civ.

Undoubtedly due to her sloth, Bourgogne II was a surprisingly thrifty ruler. Although wealth had flowed into her realm from the silk road and even from the Hind by means of Jerusalem's port at Elim, the mad Queen had hoarded it all, only rarely and with great reluctance deigning to spend even a pittance. It was this thrift which gifted Reynaud with the wealthiest Kingdom in Eurasia upon his inheritance, although this fact was wisely well-concealed. Even the corrupt Papacy, with all of its many tributaries and immense influence even in its waning days, could not even come close to the staggering riches of the Lord of Jerusalem.

It is all the more important, then, to realize that King Raynaud willingly parted with the vast majority of his inherited wealth, plus the lives of tens of thousands of Jerusalemite faithful, to guard the realm of his weakened brother.

All of Eurasia--from the court of Khan Yedi to the frozen keep of Grand Prince Vysheslav Rurikovich, from the seat of Alvar de Barcelona, first of all Catholics, to the hilly demesne of the Dunkelds of Scotland--all knew the selfless sacrifice of Raynaud in the name of his faith and his family. It is no surprise, then, that when the court of Jerusalem finally received word that Pope Damasus had cravenly called off the Crusade for Aegyptus--a sure sign of the favor of Lucifer in the eyes of the faithful--they immediately acknowledged Raynaud as a Perfect, one of the Sinless, the great teachers of the Messalian faith. He remains one of the most deserving of all who have ever been honored with the title.

Fireden's fucked from the server move so I can't even link to my last post, but this is the beginning of the AAR send-off I promised ages ago.

what

It's sad to see this end, but at least we'll get some closure.

1-2: vanilla DW EU3
3-4: MEIOU EU3
5-6: DAO+Miscmods EU3
7-8: MEIOU&TEXAS EU4
9-0: kill myself aka vanilla EU4

how do i play a cracked ck2 in multiplayer?

reporta e ignora shitpostia

Are multiplayer games ever hosted in this thread ?

Where is Voltaire's nightmare?

It's as laggy as MEIOU, only I don't get any of MEIOU's perks to compensate for that lag and it only affects me if I'm playing in the HRE to begin with.

>tf you'll never watch AFPG and HMG make sweet love in Spanish
>tf you'll never watch MCG help out AARanon with his next AAR
>tf you'll never watch HPM cuddle with R&I and take a good night sleep after creating the thread of the day

why live lads ;-;

>implying HPM isn't Report and Ignore

What perks does MEIOU have?

Feels bad man

As a Perfect Messalian King Raynaud is free from the shackles of morality, able to undertake any action without being judged by law or opinion. For how might a man who has accepted God within him sin?

Many who become Perfect lose themselves, ruining either their bodies, their minds, or their spirits with their newfound freedoms; even the greatest of men oft fail to control themselves when given the power to do anything they wish. True to his humble nature, however, Raynaud's acceptance of his Perfection is somewhat muted. Although he spends the rest of his life fully enjoying the pleasures of his position, he does not break with the tenets of his faith, nor with the bonds that tie him to his sister-wife, Bourgogne: he never lies with another woman. After Raynaud's new dedication to pleasure the couple certainly spend more time in their chambers, but it is a pleasant price for Bourgogne to pay in return for her husband's continued loyalty.

"And who knew you could even perform at your advanced age?" Bourgogne joked, her sweat-covered form shining in the moonlight. It was the night after Raynaud's victory over Damasus, the same day he had been publicly acknowledged as Perfect, and they had spent hours already in their chambers, sampling wine, food... and other, more pressing matters.

Raynaud chuckled as he poured them both another goblet. "So says my elder sister. Am I now to insult your fertility, my dear, elderly wife?"

"Oh, well," she played at offense, "you might insult it all you like, but nine months' time will tell the true tale, hmm?"

He laughed again as he passed her goblet to her, sliding into the bed as he did. As she curled up next to him, Raynaud could not help but wonder how long it had been since they had truly enjoyed themselves like this. Had it been when they were still teenagers, when responsibility seemed so far away?

"The wealth of my Kingdom is a small price to pay for this," he announced.

Anyone know how to get House Customizer from AGOT CK2 Mod into regular CK2?

I would only watch the first one desu

how?

Making mana less important, for one. Also watching the day counter tick by offers some interesting opportunities for philosophical contemplation.

Fag
I would do it if i could though, he seems kinda nice

cultures.txt ctrl f is_overseas

Is HitlerMod white? Whiter than HPM, at least?

I want to play white mods ONLY.

Yes im white.

What should I do?

No, he shitposts and is Argentinian. That makes him a nigger

Sorry, I don't get EU4 mod memes. Does it mean there is nothing to do?

>hitlermodguy is unironically gay
epic

What happened?

>Implying I wouldn't suck His dick just for helping Me
>Implying I would suck anyone's dick that wasn't His

MEIOU runs in realtime

MEIOU lags into oblivion unless you're running on a Xeon or some shit and even then it's not fast by any stretch of the word.
It's a very good mod if your comp can handle it.

How do I make EU4 fun?

Awkward post to respond to, but I finished more flags.

This one's for Nizhni Novgorod. It's the flag of Nizhni Novgorod. Not much to it. Also you never told me what you thought of the Archangel one.

MEIOU is a good bet.

Although Raynaud and Bourgogne were destined to spend the rest of their lives pleasantly thanks to the great strength Raynaud had bought the realm by winning the Aegyptian Crusade, the same cannot be said for his opponents.

Already terribly weakened by the desolation of Latium and the betrayal of Damasus, the Roman Pontificate was dealt another harsh blow when Damasus drank himself to death a few short months later. Although the Church attempted to cover matters up, supporters of Lucius V, Pope in Aragon, were able to expose the hedonistic death of the prior Pontiff. A further insult to Catholics everywhere came a few short days later, when yet another German, Lothar von Schrapelnau, was proclaimed Gregorius XIII. Already accused of being a German institution, the ascendance of Gregorius and the German nationality of his widely-anticipated successor, Cardinal Erhart von Freiberg, does naught to instill confidence that the Roman Pontificate is anything but a corrupt institution ruled in virtual perpetuity by German Catholics in exile from the now-Messalian Reich.

With their levies and coffers depleted from participation in the "Traitor's Crusade" and their faith shaken by the corruption of the Papacy, many Catholic rulers undertake the first steps toward a formal break with Rome. Carlo Angelos, King of Sicily, marries the daughter of the Messalian Kaiser against the express command of Gregorius XIII, whilst King Thibault de Blois of France enters into an alliance with the Reich without even a marriage as an excuse. The most demoralized Catholics begin to see Messalianism, or at least some syncreatic middle position between it and Catholicism, as the inevitable future faith of Europe. Even those who still cling to their Catholic faith, however, acknowledge that the moral superiority of the Roman Pontificate is over.

The Second Schism begins.

And this one's for Veliky Novgorod. The horse is supposedly the emblem of the old Republic of Novgorod, according to some Russian site.

Turns out you can avoid the Spanish Civil War in HPP if you can keep the Social Conservatives in power.

Helps make a huge difference for the Allies.

The meme event is done, now you can release this and not genocide Russia, if you want to be a bit more realistic.

The flags do their job, i like them.

You wouldn't want me to suck your dick?

Does anyone want to play some 2 or 3 player eu4 multiplayer?

>tfw no qt tripfag bf whose dick I can suck

Source? Image search gives nothing

I live in Buenos Aires so don't get your hopes up.

Does your Saratov have Russian or German primary culture? I saw its wikipedia article and apparently there used to be an autonomous Volga German Republic there at some point.

Si vivo a unas horas, si quisiera puedo ir a chupartela

Yes, some user mentioned Volga Germans, but it looks like they got sent to Siberia for the most part, so its Russian primay culture, everything past Poland and the Balts will stay autonomous, and Poland and the Balts will get annexed by Germany after a couple decades.

Obviously the Poles will get gassed while the Latvians and Estonians will just get accepted in Germany, I don't know what to do about the Lithuanians though, would they be hostile or friendly to the Germans?

no

The Second Schism is not as simple a shift in Catholic politics as it might have been in another era. Deciding upon allegiance between Gregorius XIII--who, nigh-total mistrust of his office aside, is far from a model Catholic himself--and Lucius V, who is a misshapen, insane puppet of the King of Aragon, is far from simple. Loyalty to Gregorius implies spiritual, monetary, and even political support of a Pontificate which has been shown time and again to be almost wholly corrupt, whereas support of Lucius is equivalent to swearing allegiance to King Alvar IV of Aragon, who is already the mightiest Catholic in Eurasia. No Catholic ruler wishes to be vassal to another, and neither can they support the Pontiff in Rome after the betrayal of Damasus and the election of Gregorius.

Because of this impossible position, and because of the ascendancy of the Messalian realms in European politics, many rulers begin to distance themselves from direct subservience to Rome. Carlo of Sicily and Thibault of France accomplished this by allying with the Kaiser and accepting Messalianism as a sister faith, but other rulers, such as King Balint of Magyarorszag, decided to denounce the legitimacy of both Pontificates, instead proclaiming themselves the final authority on matters of the Catholic faith within their realms. They claim that the last legitimate Pontiff was Benedict X, who died in 1336, and that no true Catholic successor was ever chosen. Worryingly, an inherent implication of this statement was that no worthy Catholic successor would EVER be chosen.

In these conditions--an internal Catholic schism with two Pontiffs, both incredibly weak and both regarded as corrupt, fighting against one another, with a rival Christian doctrine simultaneously achieving unprecedented success--heresy was an inevitability. Out of the Second Schism would grow the Second Reformation, and, eventually, the permanent collapse of Catholicism as a doctrine.

hitlermodman, I notice that you've still lfet the UK as a bit of an afterthought, and I -really- don't see the BuF actually winning any elections or germany installing a government like that because of hitler's bongland fetish.

Instead how about making the UK have an event which lets them side with either America or revive the anglo-japanese alliance?

anglo-japanese alliance revival is my alt history fetish

What the fuck, you have to gas all east yuros

Es cierto, podrias.

Here's the flag for Smolensk, based on these old CoA of Smolensk.
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_Smolensk_(Smolensk_oblast)_(1570).png

I feel empty

You can gass everyone in Russia (Russians, Ukranians, Byelorussians, Estonians, Latvians, Estonians, Tatatars, Georgians, etc.) If you keep the Reichkommissariats, but obviously It's supposed to be harder, with more rebellions, and will take longer. Though i dont really know how hard it is right now since i haven't really had time to actually play the game, only test if things work or not.

In this world, Germany was less incompetent, and so was Italy, so they mass produced more, and/or better things, and they won againts the Soviets quicker, so when only Britain was left, I think it's logical that they'd surrender as soon as a Paratrooper lands or something. And actually, you can pick between allying Germany or taking back your Empire, wich would get you to fight the Japanese, to take back India, Australia and New Zealand, then from that, you could fight Germany with the shit you would get from colonies + puppeted Japan

Latinos are white

El fin de semana que viene lo tenés libre?

Looks pretty neat

Also, obviously America didn't help Britain or the Soviets.

On the eve of the Second Reformation Catholicism was, by far, the largest religion in the world, well over three times as large as its closest competitor, Orthodox Christianity. Yet Catholicism's size was to prove its downfall, for it became impossible for either Pope, weakened as they were, to maintain effective control over the tens of thousands of Bishops below them.

Whereas previous Pontiffs had been able to rely upon their Bishops to act in their own self-interest by supporting the Church in times of hardship, the incredibly tumultuous conditions of the Second Schism created an environment wherein loyalty to the Holy See was virtually absent even among the most zealous. Those Bishops who were zealous saw both Pontificates as corrupt; those who were themselves corrupt were furious at both Pontiffs for the manner in which their successors were chosen (appointment in Aragon, and the requirement for German blood in Rome), which served to isolate them from the avenues of power. Aside from loyalists to Alvar of Aragon and an ever-dwindling supply of Catholic German Bishops, loyalty to either Pope was hard to come by. Soon enough, newly-made cynics, well-meaning reformers, and those Bishops who were merely greedy came together to tear Catholicism apart from the inside.

The reform movements came first, springing up almost immediately after Damasus's betrayal. The two most notable were revivals of the older Fraticelli and Waldensian heresies, both of which advocated a significant reduction in the power and wealth of the clergy and a return to asceticism. Although diffused, both began to gain wide traction, to the extent that many minor lords began to embrace the Fraticelli faith (it allowed lords to forego paying the Pope taxes whilst still nominally acknowledging his authority), whereas commoners tended to favor the Waldensians, whose lack of religious hierarchy allowed their local Bishops to fully and independently administer their spiritual needs.

>tripfags unironically discussing visiting each other to have gay sex
I want off this ride

Daily reminder that the "localized names are ugly" crowd are literally just too retarded to say things like Firenze instead of Florence

No, they're annoyed because they have to open landed_titles.txt when they want to cheat.

>unironically
Si te sentis solo avisame papu

>I think it's logical that they'd surrender as soon as a Paratrooper lands or something.

You underestimate the feeling of the people in the UK. You also VASTLY overestimate the german navy's ability to ever land on the island. It's infinitely more likely that Hitler would just treat with the UK and leave them to it, partly because he personally had something of a fetish for the UK and partly because there is no way germany could fuck with the RN. Which is why it makes sense for the UK to aim to side with one of the two other naval powers to protect itself from Germany.

We're a very butt hurt people, we'd never accept being Germany's friend if we lost the war. And Germany was in no way incompetent, it was super competent for what it should realistically have been able to achieve, not losing in 39 was a miracle. But obviously we're ignoring that because fun mods.

You should make it so if the player decides to simply balkanize Russia and not genocide/deport, that there will be nearly Zero rebel problems for Germany in the East, and that it would be nearly impossible for the Soviet Union to make a comeback
Lithuanians should also be accepted

do you have a link for it?

Fucking spics, what about gsg attracts them?

trump mode when?

El fin de semana estoy libre. Conocer a alguien de /gsg/ suena interesante, aunque da un poco de miedo.

That's interesting, according to Russian wikipedia:
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Локотское_самоуправление
the Lokot autonomy used St. Andrew's flag. So I guess you should use that for Lokot.

Me gustan los mapas, I'm a cartographer actually

(te la va a chupar)

Spanish is a shit language

truf

>Want to finally update ck2 to 2.5.1 and over for all the dlcs and features that are added
>don't want to update cause cause the updates are shit

Is it worth it guys?

To be honest I think if Catholicism just implodes, people should randomly flip to Orthodoxy. I mean if the Catholic Church loses authority then I expect the Orthodoxes to sweep in, they obviously have SOME level of authority by virtue of not being on that list

mediafire.com/download/lxda4xx6g9rcj1l/M&T_v1.25.7z

>no autistic central asian republics
c'mon

rude

>cheating

>And Germany was in no way incompetent
Germany was not incompetent, Hitler and his lackeys were:
>Dunkirk
>Stalingrad
>Not pushing for Moscow earlier when they had the chance
>Battle of Britain
>going for Crete, not Malta
The list goes on...

Exactly the same sort of person that gets annoyed by Magyarorszag.

just stay pre conclave
everything got worse after that

Yeah sure, that sounds good, but i think there should still be a small chance for the USSR to make a comeback, since i think there would still be commies in Russia.
>Paratroopers
>The German Navy
I'll take that into account though, but I think It'd maybe be a bit to broken, since they could just ally with the Americans and fuck Germany, maybe I'll try to keep the UK neutral under the threat of bombing everything (since Germany would have air superiority in this universe) and later nukes.
Sabes que? Mejor no. Quizas cuando sea el 10mo aniversario del mod :^)

What about using this ensign en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.S._Sturmbrigade_R.O.N.A.#/media/File:RONApatch.png It looks kinda nice.