Generators and other useful resources
donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/name/
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4 (embed)
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing
The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip
victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/sfont/
victo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Bumpan. Hope you all have a great day /rpgmg/

What are you up to today, /rpgmg/?

I am playing Pokemon Uranium.

What's the best resolution for a pixel art game?

640x360; no ifs

I see. 720p in 2:1 then? Thanks.

I've fixed 16 bugs/problems in my game so far today.

What is the best way to handle different POVs in a JRPG? Just "chapters" with different protags?

I'd like to add sidestories to my game, since they are one of my favorite things in tv shows, but it is almost never done in games. Is it because games are more of an "immersive" medium?

Final Fantasy 6 and 8 both did some POV switching.

In 6, it was happy to switch the POV to wherever the action was currently happening (Locke coming to rescue Terra after she gets cornered in the mines, for example).

8 was weirder about it.

I feel the reason that you don't really see that sort of stuff in games is that it's difficult to have multiple characters that can stand on their own yet don't end up being identical to one another. It's easier in RPGs where differences are mostly stat-based, but even then you can run the risk of frustrating the player when the strategies they've been used to for one character don't really work with other ones.

When done well, though, that sort of switching can be really cool. Dragon Quest IV is my favorite out of the ones I've played, simply because you get such a variety in who you play as.

has someone corrupted thier own ideas?
2 days ago i have an idea about a first person dungeon rpg you as the monster, since theres only a plugin that i found about 3d dungeons in mv its very limited so i decide to use caverns as a main stage then i was thinking what monsters can use then all started

i started to imagine what monster i could use goblins and things like that ,but many ideas turned into sexual themes comes to my mind like kill the male enemys and capture the females ones and thing like that and all the ideas were turned like this every concept that i made in my mind was ruined and i cannot do anymore of my game because immediately i will rebember every thing

There is already a game that is sorta like that. Pretty Warrior May Cry, I think.

And I always get dirty ideas, but usually just tell myself that they'll go into a lewd project later on.

>Every time the game starts you have to sit through a 5 second logo screen

I know it's a little thing, but it adds up after having to boot up the game to test something over and over

>Trying to recreate my neighborhood 1:1 in game
>Wanted it to be one single map so it felt HUGE
>Game has a 256 by 256 tile limit for maps

God damn it.

Turn off the splashscreen plugin

Ohhh
Why would they even bother putting that in

That's great

how i skip the verification in rpg maker mv 1.3.0

I'm using Yanfly's party core to have 5 party members, but the menu only shows 4 at once. I managed to fix this in battles and shops, but not in the actual menu screen. I would like it if players didn't have to scroll down to see their full party. Does anyone know how to fix this?

bumi

VX Ace had 500x500. You could try that.

Maybe required by Enterbrain?

bump

bumb

Anyone know?

>one second apart

Just a guess but go to the Window_MenuStatus and you'll see this

def item_height
(height - standard_padding * 2) / 4
end

Change the 4 to 5.
Preferably though you want to make a new script underneath material so you don't mess the original script because you're definitely going to need to adjust other things to get everything to fit.

Alternatively I wouldn't be surprised if increasing the game's resolution using a Yanfly Script would help.

I hate Yanfly.

Tell me something about your protagonist(s)

Window_PartyList or Window_PartySelect?

I changed this:

>Window_MenuStatus.prototype.numVisibleRows = function() {
return 4;

to 5, and it worked. Thanks guys.

Whelp, it crashes on any battle now.

>audio encryption

for what purpose? what the fuck kind of evil is going to come from me listening to the music in your game folder?

I assume it's for people who are worried about their game's OST winding up on youtube.

But wouldn't that be a good sign?
That means that people are enjoying the music and want it to share.

How many variables do you have so far?

I'm clocking in at 36 at the moment, although I could probably cut down a bit and re-use some variables instead.

Too many. People seriously underestimate the ability of variables and refuse to experiment with them before they go off in search of a plugin or scipt that does it for them.

Like 220 or so at the moment.

I grew up on the mean streets of RM2003, so I know all about the power of variables and eventing.

It was a big pain when XP came out and the eventing capabilities were badly crippled in favor of RGSS.

TFW the Steam overlay opens over an RPG Maker window.

I've disabled it now, but jesus that was annoying.

Strange, never happened to me

They share a soul.

How are you making your "dungeons" interesting? What about them is going to engage me?

She never reloads her gun because she has the infinity panstu.

My protag is a "player character". So essentially, it's you. You are asked a lot of questions throughout the game and you make a lot of decisions, so I'm hoping that helps players get into the whole "it's you" thing. I'm too lazy to write a "main character"

When I'm testing a script that requires a lot of trial and error, I usually add a code that goes straight to the first map.
Skipping the title screen entirely.

So they are Soulmates, huh?

F12

Anons, does your game contain any kind of pandering? (non binary people, otherkins, non-"neurotypical" characters, etc.)

Do hermaphrodite Plant people count as non-binary?

if they only exist to appeal to people who don't accept the concept of genders, then yes.

But if they exist because genders wouldn't make much sense for them and I already had an all-girls race, then no?

no

does your character fear god?

If a character wakes up in the middle of the night during a stay at an inn, should the innkeep still be standing around behind the counter?

Depends. If it's an inn-pub and both areas share the same entrance, then the owner or whoever oversees shit will be around. If it's just an inn and it's an unholy time in the night/morning then they are probably going to be asleep.

I'd have him sleeping seated.

Have a different innkeep do the graveyard shift.

The best way to find problems with your game is to try to make a video showing it off. You'll spot all sorts of problems that wind up ruining the presentation of the video.

Does the world have room for another strange RPGMG game like OFF, Space Funeral, or Central Station? Or would another produce an eyeroll?

I don't see why not, as long as it brings enough new material to the table.

>Started with a simple revenge plot with slavery as a big plot point
>Steering into the ethics of immortality, "What is a man?" and mind hacking

I really need to calm myself when I write.
Do you guys have any retarded (good or bad way) plot points?

If anything the world needs more games like these

>Mindhacc

I'm still mad

Me too user.
It was probably the worst thing about that game.

There is a way to make MV maps larger than 256x256. I think it's as simple as making some edits to the map's data file. Once you do it you can't touch the map's edit properties in-editor to change music or encounters or anything though, or else it will automatically set itself back to 256x256 if you click ok. There's a guide explaining better on the forums somewhere.

>full of story character and setting ideas
>don't feel like bothering making a game because i can't think of any good way to innovate the battles

guess i'll just jerk off again

you're supposed to make the battle system before refining the story you silly willy.

Fuck no.

About 80% of my cast is gay, but I'm gay myself, so I think it's allowed.

No

>mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Theres a copyright claim on this link...WTF

/lit

thats gay dude

I can download it just fine.
Post a screenshot or something.

I'm "researching"

yes because the trans community is currently a bunch of fucking sheeple that'll throw all their money to anything that "represents" them.

I have trouble with pacing. There's a part now where the party finds themselves trapped in a spooky village in the middle of the forest. They realize way too quickly that they can't get out.

Then they wind up under the village's spell and start accepting that they shouldn't bother trying to escape way too quickly.

rules of acquisition #194: It's always good to know about new customers before they walk in your door.

rules of acquisition #239: Never be afraid to mislabel a product.

Make it longer before they find out that they are trapped and let them freak out when they find out.
Just try to imagine what you would do in this situation.

I'm so bad at designing battlebacks.

How does this look? How do I make it better?

I've only been able to improve because of your harsh honesty, please don't fail me!

how does it look in a battle though?

it's more like fetishizing rather than pandering. similar to how gay = comedic

Like this, the battler and battle UI are a work in progress.

You tried to use dithering there but you did it wrong. You are not supposed to use it on the whole surface but to create a transition between colors.
This pic is pretty old but it explains it well enough.

Perspective?

dithering can also be used to create textures, though. I think it's an okay look, but the bricks should be at an angle. the way they are now makes it look like you're looking straight at a brick wall

That's the problem. I'm having a hard time visualizing it. I'm trying to do something like pic related but its all fucked up.

Yeah it looked awkward with the dithering, I'll probably remove it and just use small shade differences if anything.

How do you get fonts without anti-aliasing on them?

Is there another way to Get High resolution on VX besides the DLL? or Just a Way to stop VX from overwriting the dll everytime i save a project

I'm using this:

>victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/sfont/

and the attached Sfont.

>victo
nevermind

Yeah I know =\ this is the only plugin of his that I use.

From what I understand this is the perspective phantasy star 2 uses. I guess I could just Undertale it and use this as my fucking battle bg lol.

>He got rid of his old Jewish ways for an optional Patreon instead
Okay he might not be so bad now but I still highly detest the use of a "module" that does literally nothing except make everything he does work.

Just use some image editing program with warping/perspective.

Thanks I'll fool around with some photoshop perspective stuff, see what I can do. I agree his "base plugin" is stupid and I had to heavily modify it to get it to work with my setup. It cant possibly take THAT many dependencies to make fucking Sfont.

Make a plugin
Call it engine

Ok so I studied the fuck out of some Dragon Quest and Phantasy Star battlebacks and came up with this. Does it look better perspective wise than the ones before?

Improvements.

Is anyone else awake? This fucking mouse man.