/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

"Dissapointed dudebros" edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-PKG installer released. twitter.com/SilicaAndPina/status/764307457791320064

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/status/764791260758568960
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
youtube.com/watch?v=Tao67Idz3Uc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first

Can the next OP remove that fake PKG installer?

Don't mind me, just pirating this car.

Good evening!

That's a white man, I'm sure he owns that car and just locked his key inside.

>do a system transfer, it works fine
>suddenly get error 028-someshit when it's all done
>none of my data is transferred, all of the contents of both SDs are still there
>still have to go through initial setup on source 3ds while target gets jack shit, can't transfer for 7 days
What the FUUUUUCK

I wasn't aware it was fake, my bad.

Someone mentioned 3ds being able to run every type of r4, I got a old slot 1 r4(just r4, doesn't have any subtitles like gold/wood). Will this one be able to run on o3ds?

Would also be really helpful if you could spoonfeed me a tutorial.

so I used that PKG installer to try to install something from the mega called tetris!.pkgs

I'm now seeing that it was apparently fake/a piece of shit, but nothing's shown up on the menu screen and nothing showed up in my notifications

what the fuck did this thing even do to my vita?

It's fake? We got trolled by a fucking pedophile?

It bricks your system after you do a complete hard reset.

lol

I'm just kidding I have no idea what it does.

I haven't updated my Wii's homebrew since 2013. Is Dios Mios obsolete because of Nintendon't, and is there a compelling reason to bother updating USB loader GX?

Isn't that literally impossible at the moment anyway? Since we can only install to memory card, you could just boot into recovery wthout the memory card inserted.

no, you can fuck with system partitions and permabrick your Vita

Nintendont is superior yeah.

It does not install .pkg files. It installs ".pkgs" files, which are just renamed zips.

If you can FTP to your Vita, you can do this shit already.

Oh shiet cool.

why do I feel the urge to try it?

Is there anything DM can do that don't just can't?

Nintendont runs literally everything now, unlike Dios Mios, and you can emulate Memory Cards on the SD or USB drive... AND you can use your Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro instead of a GameCube controller as well.

Ditto for USB Loader GX compared to uLoader.

>Someone mentioned 3ds being able to run every type of r4
Someone lied then. Original R4s will never run on 3DS. Get an R4i 3DS RTS Gold, it runs out of the box without any fuckery.

do you know where it would have put the files on my vita?

if this tetris game's unplayable there's no point in having it on there, and it doesn't show up in the content manager

It's possible a game doesn't run with Nintendont.

I don't know what game. Compatibility is pretty great nowadays. It would probably be a game DM struggles with.

But Nintendont is generally superior. Audio streaming alone makes it worthwhile.

It can't run a gigantic chunk of the GameCube library for starters.

Read

As little as I care about emulating memory cards or using other controllers, I can't deny that the compatibility is much, much better. Holy shit.

This isn't true. I purchased a refurbished O3DS XL once and it required an update.

Have fun.

What advantages does freeShop provide over regular eShop if you don't pirate whatsoever?

Foolz was down, so I couldn't take a look at it. But thanks, I will look on 3DSISO.

It's faster.

Much faster to search

out-of-region demos and updates aren't piracy
faster searching

I just tried to update to 3.60 using qcma but I accidentally downloaded the 3.61 update file and installed that. What the fuck do I do now? CAn I Downagrade?

also, you can queue multiple downloads.

hahahaha

You're fucked mate

lol. It's darwins law mate, you were just not fit to survive here.

kek

It's worth paying more for a class 10 SD? It's noticeable faster than a class 4 on the 3DS? I don't care if it's faster on PC.

hardmod or another cfw 3ds

Not really, it's going to top out at around 1MB/s regardless in the 3DS. But it's hard to find a not Class 10 desu.

What are some handy tools for 3DS? And also some cool homebrew?

After reading the last thread about 11.0 popping up on stores. Should I panic and buy a n3ds to cfw while I still can?

RIP

How do you accidently install it? You're asked to confirm it twice.

Yes. Plain N3DSs are more likely to have ancient firmware than special ones.

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

You were late this time, senpai.

Will mods delete your post this time?

>Section I - Prep Work
>1. Use a save manager to backup any saves you care about on 3DS #2 (it will be formatted!)

Is this a meme? How the hell can I do this if 3ds #2 is stock firmware?

Didn't mean to reply.

so how hard is it to mod a ps2 and put a hdd in one to play games off of?

t. only ever softmodded a 3ds and wii

>Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK.

I'm pretty sure I've never done anything to mess with SecureInfo_A, but is there anyway I can check, just to make sure?

With kickass homebrew you dummy

homebrew obviously

i dont remember if i updated my vita to 3.60 is there a way to check? when i go on system settings it just wants me to update and i really do not want to do that

Did you check in system information?

Oh I fucking got it. My bad.

dead easy

stick the FHDB noobie pack on your hard drive and you're done. Short of updating some old homebrews I guess.

you should be able to decline the update

Run Vita Update Blocker. It wont bug you to update after that unless you try to connect to PSN. You can always decline the updates though.

Settings > System > System Information

It doesn't ask you to update at all.

Tfw bidding on a new pstv. 21 monies so far with 3 minutes left. I'm highest bidder and will be for 9 more monies.

Wish me luck boys

twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/status/764791260758568960

wrong.
Original r4 workss just fine on a a9lh 3ds with the slot 2 launcher cia installed

why does everyone claim this and not actually look it up?

this i mean
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

get hunting for tiny microsds user

I wonder if it will have support for bots. I'm actually hyped for the mod support though.

Did you get it?

F

Original r4 works fine as long as you have a CFW and install this: gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

Hell, it even support forwarders: gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

moonlight on the ps vita
>working hw decoder
>no vsync
>no sound
>no input
>720p@30 fps @ 5000 kbps
>patched nvstreamer.exe to downgrade reframes from default 16 to 5 (if somebody knows how to do that without patching the exe let me know!)

So, for how much can I get an e3 Flasher these days? What's the best online place to buy?

Is there anywhere I could find the original full doom.wad for the doom ports for 3DS?

Lol

just get one on ebay

all over the internet

youtube.com/watch?v=Tao67Idz3Uc

You have to go back.

Just make sure you don't forget to remove the magnetic plastic disc from the tray to manually place it on top of the disc. I about took a copy of Agent Under Fire between the eyes because I forgot to do that.

I searched for some on aliexpress but I could only find one at about 80 bucks. Do you think that's reliable?

is there a good tutorial online on how to get homebrew on 3ds 11.0.0-33E? I can't find any and this info here is so cluttered

To the user that was interested in my a9lh 3ds, in case you missed it last thread.

/id/gigaguy777

I could find one on ebay in the uk for like £30

part 1 of the guide in the op

The site mentions R4 wood kernel required, do I just replace the files on the micro SD with the wood files then? This is the r4 in question btw.

Will having menuhax on 11.0 3DS always turn my game icons into presents outside the folders?

not sure why that has been a recent problem, don't really know the fix you can try a different sd card i guess

Ok guys, I haven't messed with my 3DS for a while and I have forgotten a lot of shit.

I have unlinked nands, running on emunand and luma.
Sysnand is completely empty. There's no FBI installed.
What did I need to do to install FBI on sysnand, and then use that to install GBA/DSi cias so I can play GBA/DSi games from emunand?

What I did is use the homebrew launcher to launch minipasta. And then launch FBI from the homebrew launcher in minipasta.

Mm, can't really go with a different sd card since it's the best I got for it. Got a bunch of shit on it. But for more clarification, it's a N3DS that had a system transfer from my old 3DS.

everytime someone mentions it it's been "menuhax on 11.0" so i don't think the transfer had anything to do with it might just be some bug i guess

Ah ok. I'll just have to live with it for now.

Is webhax for 3DS down and I should use menuhax instead?

Browserhax is kill due to power outage. They dont know when will it be up

you're supposed to use browserhax to install menuhax, you can't install it if you can't use browserhax now unless you use a game exploit obviously but just wait

Alright I'll try again later.

how do I make homebrew not autolaunch luma without replacing boot3ds?

I'm doing the Wii U hack. On my SD card, I put six games (all of which said "loadiine ready" on the torrent). Three of them work fine. Pokken has terrible load times, but works.

Two of the games, Devil's Third and Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't appear on the loadiine menu at all. They are also formatted differently, so I'm thinking I did something wrong in how I put them on the SD. They both came with two rars, DT had a "SI" folder and XCX an update folder. The rars where I assume the actual games had the three familiar folders, but not under an overall folder, so I made my own and put everything related to the game under them.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. I ended up just confusing myself trying to research these things.