Any poor people here? What do you guys eat when you're almost broke all the time?

Any poor people here? What do you guys eat when you're almost broke all the time?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I was poor I mostly ate chicken, eggs, and pasta/rice.

Now that I'm doing well in life I mostly eat chicken, eggs, and broccoli/rice.

soylent

Chickens expensive

No it isn't, if you live in first world.
Bananas are like 22cents a pop. Anything healthy is very cheap, as long as you buy as you go, because it won't keep and throwing it out is throwing away money.

It's an inexpensive meat in Northeast USA because we can raise chicken coops, while pork/beef is imported. The protein value of a chicken breast is equal to an entire scoop of Gold Standard protein powder and your body processes it better. It's a worthy investment for gains.

ice soup

mcchicken

i once ate chicken for dinner every night for 4 months -- was spending about $100 on groceries a month at that time.

Why does the general population feel that eating healthy is expensive? I just don't understand those people in documentaries with ten children that claim that they are 'forced to eat fast-food everyday' because of their financial status.

Too lazy to check the prices in the counter. Also when they think about healthy eating, they associate it for some reason with organic and gmo free food which is expensive.

But pretty much is that they don't like to think what they're going to eat

Lentils + rice in the rice cooker. Good luck.

Where do you live? Harris Teeter near me has a long term special of $1.99/lb. I don't know about you but that's pretty fucking cheap to me.

Mcdoubles

That's pretty expensive

I'm poor.
Pasta, potatos, rice, cheap vegetables and fruit (seasonal), yogurt, cereals (with no sugar, no Kelloggs or branded shit), cheap green tea.
Poor but healthy.
Hope it helps.

Maybe my perception is skewed. On the contrary you could wait and buy whole chickens when they have really good sales. They've got Perdue whole chicken's on sale for $0.69/lb at Farm Fresh (don't know what your local stores are). Whenever something is really cheap like that I buy a bunch and throw them in the freezer to eat until the next good sale. Pork can also be really cheap on sale for butt or loin roasts. Although that might have something to do with living so close to Smithfield.

>Too lazy to check the prices in the counter
Not poor

Beans & rice
Peas & rice
Lentils & rice

So, basically, rice & pulses.
Most veg is cheap, especially onions, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes.
Any oil or butter and salt for taste.
You only need to buy spices and herbs as and when you need them, or once, but make a world of difference.

Any leftovers or any meat, bones, scraps, into a pot it goes for soup.

80% of the world lives on this.
And those first 3 combos I listed above are complete protein with high protein value, arguably better than meat.

I'm not gonna debate that last part, I have studied nutrition for over 10 years, do your own research on that.

For veg, find out when the nearest supermarket or street market marks down goods - usually before closing.

Or just go dumpster diving, I did that for a year.
I was only poorfag for a month, but ate so well I carried on.

Protip - 90% of people either won't believe that last statement, or still won't do it. There was always way more than I could eat, and I had to give lots away.

Only reason I don't do it now is I earn so much it's not worth the time cost.

>arguably better than meat
no.
>first 3 combos are complete protein
no.

google some stuff about the claims you've just made. I might suggest "meat protein vs. bean/plant protein"

and stop spreading ignorance

Pretty much all of us are broke op. Rich people spend their time making money or playing golf. Not pump and dumping shillcoins or kneepads. Lol.

I eat pretty well. If u into it hunting deer and rabbit and raising rabbit and catfishing is always good. Father inlaw raises rabits and his famiky doesnt have the heart to tell them they dont like. So every few months i get like 5 rsbbits and a family gathering.

I kinda am a half ass prepper i guess. I keep a stockpile of food that keeps weel and try to keeo the freezer full with shit that is on sale. So when i am broke i dont go without.

Ramen noodles got me through my 20s. Shit food but it makes u feel full.

Rice is cheap and u can buy like 20 pound bags or 5 gallon buckets. If u desperate u can jump the fence at a farm and just steel an armload of corn or something. But onlybif u truly hungry and cant find work. Steeling is a cunty thing to do.

Goodl

I had lunch at a michelin star restaurant with a client today

Stay butthurt poorfags ;)

Read this -

Next time you go shopping, walk around the block, look for the dumpsters.
You've got nothing to lose.

Inb4 police.
Seriously, nobody is calling the police.

One time, a pajeet got offended for some reason, and held a dumpster closed and told me to go away. I tried reasoning and pleading, he wasn't having it.
At first, I was gonna knock him out, but then I thought it through and laughed - I told him 'how long can you do this for? I've got all night, I've got nothing to eat! You've gotta go back to work, and you'll be clocking out tonight - I'll be back!' and I was...

Top kek bro

that dumpster was probably where he was pooping

Can agree with dumpster diving actually. Fucking makes me gag so i cant do itm. But grocery stores toss a lot of perfectly good shit that is expired. Canned and jar shit is mostly what u want as flys and maggots and shit get on anything not packaged real quick. I woukd get aome hot water and bleach and scrub all cans and stockpile.

No, I won't be doing that.
Google? I've studied it in depth.

I've heard both arguments.
I doubt there's anything new.

Unless you have a specific source.
What do you believe?
Can you explain it it one paragraph?

Can you tell me, what? That those three combinations do not provide a full profile of both essential and non-essential amino acids?

The best quality meat has approx 20% protein, and that's the best quality, at a high price, and it is less digestible than plants.

I dont even know wtf that faggot place is.

>poorfag

>client

Your just a fucking wagecuck or too stupid to hire soneone to run your company. You got your kneepads on just like the rest of us.

Try harder or fuckoff back to tunblr faggot.

No

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

you've studied it in depth for 10 years and are still on the wrong side of it? wew lud

>not reading the study you linked to

Wew_lad.jpg

Thanks for the link, I learned nothing new.
From the study -

>Conclusions - It does appear that protein from animal sources is an important source of protein for humans from infancy until mature adulthood. However, the potential health concerns associated with a diet of protein consumed primarily from animal sources should be acknowledged. With a proper combination of sources, vegetable proteins may provide similar benefits as protein from animal sources.

...and this study doesn't even include combined plant proteins in depth, but does compare both animal and plant protein sources and powders.
I'd say it's more an overview.

Bear in mind, I said 'arguably better than meat', so I'm willing to argue that.
The difference seems slim, and quality of the source matters, as does individual tolerance.
I won't debate completeness of protein any further, and we are discussing animal protein vs plant protein, with an emphasis on cost vs quality.

ive been so broke that I couldn't buy two glazed donuts for $0.36. I just didn't eat.
I ate one meal a day, sometimes I would skip a day.
Started a small business, bounced back, still in college. could happen any day again, but youll get through it OP

Work in a kitchen and eat for free when on the clock.

I eat 1 small meal at home, and gorge when at work. Eating for free is one of the big perks of working in a kitchen. General rules are no steak or seafood, but everything else is fair game. We make up some awesome 1 off shit that should be on the menu. Occasionally we have late night screw ups that people take home.

Add in the free/discounted drinks the hourly wage is padded by $2/hr.

I'm on a soylent diet, which i supplement with ramen, beans, pasta, and rice when i feel the need for something solid.

it's not significantly cheaper, but it frees up a lot of time.

Yesterday I bought oatmeal cookies at 2258kcal/1€

The best ratio I found to date is 3523kcal/1€, some other cookies.

The best at McDonald's is the plain Burger, which costs 1€ => 254kcal/1€

Not in america faggot

Its a lot more complicated than just price points. Poor people are more likely to be obese for several reasons. And obese people are more likely to consume fast food. Ive went in depth on this before but Veeky Forums just blasted me saying >poor people are stupid and lazy hurr so im not gonna waste my time on Veeky Forums where everyone is even worse

Compared to what? Sand?

It really is stupid though.

Don't get me wrong, I spend a lot on groceries because I buy a ton of expensive stuff for flavor reasons. I've lived on 50 a month for food before. It's not exactly fun, but it's very easily manageable. The problem is that it takes prep work. Poor people generally have awful impulse control. Fast food caters to that niche. You want it, and you want it now, without any work.

I still buy the same groceries as when I was poor, and I'm not a frugalfag. Rice and beans is a cheap, healthy meal, and you can get creative with it if you get some inexpensive spices and herbs. Stir-fry is a good way to make use of cheap cuts of meat. This is the kind of stuff I cooked for dinner when I was poor and still do now, the only difference is that these days I also go out to eat.

Not that guy, but even though somebody is running my company - the day-to-day shit, I guess you mean, why would I not still take clients, or potential ones, to dinner?

I gotta eat anyway, ffs.
Why would I not invite a client, or a "potential client" along so I can write off a business expense?

When I was broke it was

Pasta
Potatoes
A huge pot of soup on a whole chicken + pasta + potatoes + garlic that I reheated and added boullion and more pasta and potatoes for many days. Sometime it was without chicken and only pasta and potatoes + canned tomato.
Rye bread with nothing else

Glad I'm out of poverty now that I think about it

Can relate

Training for marathon, 3-4 months with no income, no government support available because I lived in a joint tenancy rather than a HMO, council worker kept asking for my partners details... Apparently 2012 under 35s are subhuman when it comes to accommodation. I get a warm fuzzy inside smile whenever a council worker/government worker dies in a terrible accident, in pain, without reason, loses child etc... fucking parasites.

I ate oats in the morning with sugar or smart price jam, usually with water. For a big fuck off bag of smart price oats £0.75 and for sugar £0.50/kg.

I dropped my coffee standards down to nescafe gold. I tried to go asda special freeze dry buy I couldn't handle it black.

I ate smart price frozen 50% meat sausages on brown bread with a little butter and sauce. £1 a bag of 20 or something, bread is £0.35 a loaf.

Tuna mayo pasta. tuna is £0.66p a can, mayo is £0.40 a jar, pasta is very cheap.

Kokoa noodles packets.

ADDED BONUS'S
-Massive bags of apples/satsumas/oranges
-spring onion in tuna mayo pasta
-35p smart price jam in porridge
-Full fat milk in porridge

Lentils,
big bags of onions,
potatos,
flour,
rice,
pasta,
beans,
mushrooms,
brown bread,
banana you can freeze the bags of bananas they practically give away at the end of the day. Just peel them before freezing.

This made up 75% of my diet for 3 months. And I'm sure for 2-3 weeks it made up 90% of my diet running 5-10 miles every other day. Sometimes I wish i gave up. I'm surprised I didn't end up in hospital from malnutrition.

There is a reason I have 40 tins of tuna, buy 20kg of chicken breast to freeze at a time, have 5kg of dried beans, 3-5kg pasta, 3-5kg rice, buy ramen packets wholesale and buy up reduced food to freeze without shame. I also have £50 in the bottom of the rice jar. I probably have £50-60 in spices and condiments and spent £20 on seeds from china putting together 30 variety herb garden, i'd love unltd herbs when i had no money

hey you guys

simple reminder

>no income
>no government support
>training for marathon
>running 5-10 miles every day

Prioritize much?

You sound like the parasite, M8....
What were you buying food with, of you had no income?

Training literally requires additional cost, calories and effort.
Effort and expense better spent earning some fucking income...