1. Car jerks like clutch is bouncing off of flywheel in reverse

1. Car jerks like clutch is bouncing off of flywheel in reverse.
2. When letting off gas, car jerks.
3. Car jerks if don't ease off clutch in first.

What's causing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWOrXJ2PwGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The driver

Your shitty footwork

>1. Car jerks like clutch is bouncing off of flywheel in reverse.
When idling? when driving?
>2. When letting off gas, car jerks.
When driving? When idling?
>3. Car jerks if don't ease off clutch in first.
When driving? When idling?

More info, please

Explain #1 and with that one faggots.

1. If the clutch was slipping it'd probably be way more violent than what you've experienced. Sounds like you're foot work needs more....work
2. Does your car have a slip yoke? That could be it, but it's mostly normal in manual trans. Mine jerks if I immediately let out of the throttle at low speeds or when it's cold
3. Foot work my friend, probably need some practice.

I assume you drive a GM product? My camaro's clutch is grabby as fuck so you've got to be good with your feet if you want smooth gear shifts

Typical symptoms of a faulty motor mount. It's not your clutch my man

>When idling? when driving?

I put the car in reverse. Instead of sticking like in a normal gear it feels like the clutch is bouncing off. This is after my foot is completely off of the clutch.

>When driving? When idling?

Driving.

>3

If I shift into first, no matter what rpm I am at (from stop), the car will jerk a few times unless I ease the clutch out, which is obviously not good for it.

What is proper foot work? Letting off the clutch slower and blipping the throttle before taking out the clutch when up shifting?

I'd actually listen to and look for a broken engine mount

How experienced are you with driving a manual?
When did it start with these problems?

I have heard that before, hopefully that's it, would be a relatively easy fix. Appreciate the reply.

>1. If the clutch was slipping it'd probably be way more violent than what you've experienced. Sounds like you're foot work needs more....work

I am not claiming to be an excellent driver, but I have had a bunch of cars and they mostly didn't do this, except a beat-to-shit miata for which I never bothered to diagnose it.

>2. Does your car have a slip yoke? That could be it, but it's mostly normal in manual trans. Mine jerks if I immediately let out of the throttle at low speeds or when it's cold

No idea on yoke.

>3. Foot work my friend, probably need some practice.

Again, not to claim to be dorito king, but I can downshift and such just fine, so I really doubt that's it. One time my short black friend called me Donkey Kong.

>ssume you drive a GM product? My camaro's clutch is grabby as fuck so you've got to be good with your feet if you want smooth gear shifts

Nope, japshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWOrXJ2PwGQ

Here's a tutorial if you own a civic (it's a common problem)

>What is proper foot work? Letting off the clutch slower and blipping the throttle before taking out the clutch when up shifting?
>clutch out slower

Nope.

I appreciate the advice.

>How experienced are you with driving a manual?

Like 10 years.

>When did it start with these problems?

Bought car like that.

Yep on civic, thanks.

Stop making this thread. If we didn't help you in the first one, we're not gonna be able to help now.

Take it to a mechanic and get it properly diagnosed.

This is the second time I have made this thread. I just got all the help I need too.

The driver or you aren't giving it enough gas

You are the guy with the white civic picture?

Yes.

>not enough gas

Redline and drop clutch all day erryday.

you either didn't resurface flywheel when you changed clutch, or you overheated it and theres burnt spots.

I told you I had the same problem and was going to take it to service, I did, and, indeed, that was the problem. I'm btw

It was pretty cheap, so don't worry

1. Car jerks like clutch is bouncing off of flywheel in reverse.
Why are you completely releasing the car in reverse? If I did that in my car it would fly backwards. Ride the clutch my friend.
2. When letting off gas, car jerks.
This is called engine braking. Letting off the gas closes the throttle body, cuts off fuel, creates a vacuum inside of the engine, and slows the car down.
3. Car jerks if don't ease off clutch in first.
You're dumping the clutch too fast.. Ease off the clutch.

>changed the clutch

Plz no, don't wanna.

Thanks again! Which mount was it? This one by any chance? I think easing off is always bad practice. I used to do it.

Yep.

>I think easing off is always bad practice. I used to do it.
Are you saying you dump the clutch every time you'e going into 1st?
If so you're driving wrong. The clutch is meant to handle that slight degree of slipping. It's probably more harmful to be dumping it like that every time.
Don't your tires skerp?