/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #53

Last Thread: Sailorsushi Warrior Edititon

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 2 has been announced for US!
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Also an user was kind enough to give us a small/longish guide to some of YW2's stuff. Take a look!
imgur.com/a/HBkws

Tags: Yokai, Youkai, Yo-kai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w8EK0Avt6KA
stegotorres.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/theprimerprime
pastebin.com/ZmvMnPxu
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/08/14/akihiro-hino-on-the-secret-of-level-5s-success-and-how-super-robots-are-now-a-blue-ocean/#36f7195a4a86
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

^cute pic

It's time to start anew.

Sailornyan a cute. CUTE!

Okay fuck it.

I'll take some requests, if you guys want. Anything to get the thread going.

No lewd.

are boobhats lewd?
if not, Insomni Giving Keita a Boobhat

If so, Enra Enra wearing a Make America Great Again hat

Ningyo with a fish hook in her mouth, either scared or annoyed

Could you draw Noko in a burger suit please?

youtu.be/w8EK0Avt6KA

>Make Enramerica Great again

Komasan meeting the KK Brothers.
And y'all call the shotafags bad. Talk about a one track mind. This guy has the right idea:

Are the multiplayer aspects of YKW3 fun?

Betty San being spoiled by a rat/mouse/roach

What about drawing Jibanyan eating lasagna?

Depends. It's roughly the same PvP aspect that 2 has, but the grid system is triggering some players, notably the vertical defense line strategy that makes battles go far longer than they need to because of insurmountable walls taking all the damage until sudden death.

>spoiled
Meant spooked. Fuck autocorrect

Drawfriend here. Will try to get the ones I like done soon. Thanks, guys.

Finally got Noko and now I'm swimming on money.

>now I'm swimming on money.
In Wibble Wobble?

What did you do, waste Soul Secrets on him?

No, YW1.

grats, now hunt more nokos for the drop of joy to fuse him

Congrats on getting one of the best yokai

Where were you when Noko became what he loves most?

Also sorry if this isn't the type of costume you wanted. Turns out there are a couple of burger costume designs out there. Might line and properly color this later when I'm done with the other requests.

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!
Thank you so much! Saved!

Jibanyan meeting morgana from persona 5 please,

N'aww, you're welcome.

Keep the thread warm for me, guys.

Oh, that new system really adds to the clear time of battles huh?

Not sure, but battles feel like they last a lot more longer than in 2 because of the vertical line (stall). Expect a lot more sudden death matches should you partake in it.

Why is the rice Yo-Kai so cute?

Rice bowl*

Apologize.

I would love a Keita version of this

For what? She's the one who tried to kill the franchise.

She'll save this franchise no matter what others say!

Will Jibanyan ever find a cat that loves him as much as he loves chocobars?

Have there been any episodes showing her family off more yet?

I recall a segment will start soon about her brother seeing Inaho being inspirited by various yokai/talking to the air, but that's about it.
not unless one of those cat idol girls become a -

would you make Inaho your wife?

Hope you like it! Sorry it's not as clean as the Noko. I wanna get through more requests faster.

not OR but
dawww

Cute as fuck user. Keep up the good work!

Not by force, but yes.

These are quite cute

Were you going to say chocobar or cat?

sorry, I got ran over and became a jibanyan halfway through my post.
Yeah, become a cat.

Seconding this.

Thanks, guys. I usually don't post sketches since I think they look like shit most of the time so it means a lot.

Pic related. Finished pic from earlier this month.

I ship Jibanyan with Sailornyan, even though it'll never happen.

That's a cute lemon.

Wow, looks really good. If someone told me it was official art I'd believe them.

Last request for the night. Will be back tomorrow. Hope you guys like it. Jiba is hard for me to draw for some reason.

Demonade is cute! CUTE!

Dang, dude. Thanks!

This picture should be in the next OP because it's a 10/10.

Spooky

Thank you so much!!!
Can i follow you somewhere?

No problem, user.

You can follow me here: stegotorres.tumblr.com/ or twitter.com/theprimerprime

Benzaiten jamming out? please?

Is that a monster hunter version of buhu?

I've never played Monster Hunter. Just drew a weird, flat Buhu and decided to line it is all.

Well consider yourself followed. I could learn a thing a two from you, as i am trying to be a decent artist myself

Last chance to get the watermelon!

I think they'll stick around even after the event, like Libertnyan.

Has anyone ever drawn Nathaniel X Kenny Forester?

I want to touch Inajaneno's pecs

pastebin.com/ZmvMnPxu

Pic unrelated.

Keizou and Fumiaki. And not much

You are now aware that they'd have to have gone their separate ways at some point.

You are now aware that the same will likely happen to Nathan and Katie.

>"That's why I'm training to be sure and strong, so please train me Burly, all day long, yeah"
>All day long

Katie x Burly came to mind.

Ohhh, finished chapter or a sneak preview for now?

Another preview, but there are some edits.

I've changed the beginning to no longer be specifically about the main character, so a reader who doesn't go in already knowing could possibly wonder who this boy is at the start.

Of course, if that reader already follows the series (which most of the readers do by now,) it wouldn't exactly keep anyone guessing. Whatever.

I also added another nod to Apelican, but he's not going to show up for a bit. His chapter is going to be extremely messy, especially with if dub items/names will disappear when he leaves or not, etc. It'll be fun to play with, or extremely frustrating.

Surprisingly i havent seen any.

>Eat your veggies Insomina

>Izanami hates oden
She's dead to me

Have you any plans to go back and change some of the characters' and locations' names to their JP ones? (e.g, Insomni to Fumiin, Hungramps to Himojii, Nom Burger to Mogmog Burger, Springdale to Sakura New Town, etc.)

>Eat your HAMBURGERS, Demonade

Best part about this image is that Enraenra's quote when getting riceballs are "Leave my sight" or something like that which goes awesome with that expression

I figure he'll have to go all one way or another. If he wants to stick with pure dub I can't wait to see all the chapters about Toiletta :^)

Tfw; you realize if these two hooked up Katie and Nate would never have existed

>the next event is a crank event
It's time to get...cranky.

Is it the double % rare get event?

Until the drunken oni boy of one night stands inspirits them. That's what his power is, right? What else would he need all that alcohol for?

Will Yo-Kai Watch 2 have a chance now that it has no competition on the 30th?

I sure hope so. Just keep spreading the word about it.

Oh damn it looks like it is. I knew i should have saved up my ymoney.

I really hope this isn't the last chance to get Libertynyan in the crank. Seems weird to take him out after a 3 day event. What's the harm in leaving them in other than to piss people off?

Wasn't the Fire god she birthed also a god of oden?
y'know, the one that killed her?

Really wanting to milk that limited time exclusivity thing

It does say at the bottom of the post that "It is possible for limited Yo-kai to be re-released".

Still, this is stupid to take him out. Just keep him in with the rest of the Crank-a-Kai stuff.

Gotta pump out cash somehow I guess.

>tfw spent all my money for fruit nyans prior

There's a possible plan to put the limited kai permanently into the machine later on, albeit at lower rates.

Reminder for who the best Rank E Yo-kai is.

Thanks for the reminder

Good morning, /ywg/. Hope you're having a good one.

Accidentally merged the first sketch with the second one and figured it out too late. Oops. I still think this came out pretty decent. Enjoy.

Keep at it, user. I believe in you.

Should mentioned I'm gonna go through the thread and see if there are any other requests that I wanna do. Feel free to leave me more, though. I'm having a lot of fun.

Casanuva being drawn like one of those Zombies in YW3's Zombie Night

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/08/14/akihiro-hino-on-the-secret-of-level-5s-success-and-how-super-robots-are-now-a-blue-ocean/#36f7195a4a86

>I design a draft scenario and create the story, usually around 40 A4-size pages. I then share it with the Level-5 staff, and create a cross-media model incorporating all of our company’s feedback. For the main titles in the Yo-Kai Watch and Layton series, I put a great deal of effort in creating the drafts and then handed the project off to roughly 50 staff members to take to completion but I stay involved throughout the creative process and am continually giving feedback and instructions.

>“As I am quite busy fulfilling the roles of both CEO and Creative Director. Since it is impossible for me to look at all the details of each individual project, there are many supporting staff members that manage portions of the projects and routinely present updates for my approval. Things are functioning well because each individual staff member is proactive and independent in their work and takes ownership of the titles we develop and their own work/performance. Therefore, the structure of the organization enables the company to function well.

>“Furthermore, Level-5 is not content to be just a video game creator. We are striving to become a full-fledged entertainment company that also produces animation, toys, games, etc. To do so, we continue to evolve as a company and teach every member of Level-5 to be able to function in all fields of entertainment

So that seems to be Hino's general involvement process with making franchises. Thoughts?

I just hope their main focus is always video games, honestly.