Why do """people""" strip the interior of their daily driver?

Why do """people""" strip the interior of their daily driver?

Is it because they want to look cool?
Is it because they are so poor they need to take extreme measures to save money on gas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0AUtoT3ldng
youtube.com/watch?v=s4uQENkSRZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the latter. I did it to my DD.
If you don't care about that stuff there's no reason to keep it.

No matter how hard you try to be edgy, ""people"" doesn't make any sense. They are people whether or not they do a thing you dislike.
I stripped the interior because I'm going to be repairing rust, and you can't cut or weld through carpet and trim.

Weight reduction bro

Weight reduction derp

ahah what a fucking idiot

I stripped my van for several reasons, very similar to your pic.
>I only spent $300 on the vehicle and the entire interior was soaked, moldy and trashed
>working on it very slowly as money and time permits, need to get the mechanicals right first, but
it's going to be a sweet mobile bedroom and ultra secure and most importantly super stealthy.

this.
youtube.com/watch?v=0AUtoT3ldng
youtube.com/watch?v=s4uQENkSRZw
stripped-out lol-cant-turn around the burgerking.

The owner of the car in op is a manlet

why would track times matter for a daily driver?

I agree this shit is nigger tier but I may be doing something similar in my DD truck soon. im going to have to do a lot of carpet butchering when i replace the bench seat for some buckets, and im tires of constantly cleaning rocks, dirt, twigs, etc. out of the carpet when the cab has drain plugs and i could just hose the fucker out.

Because I don't believe in two cars, it's like cheating on your lover

whoa dude, sounds comfy already

The interior in my shitbox is half stripped out because it was gross as hell, I didn't want to clean it, and I'm not about to be giving people rides.

Plus now I get better mileage.

Because people can do what they want to their vehicle/property, as long as it isn't illegal or dangerous to themselves or others

Well you could. Your lines would just be a bit messier

How's the noise though?

BECAUSERACECAR obviously
and their daily happens to be the same car for some reason

I have 3 cars does that make me a Mormon?

>In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses[1]) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable – or even admirable and superior – by plausible means.[2] It is also an informal fallacy of reasoning.[3]

Anyone remember that guy with the new Dart that took all the interior out and used to post about how fast it was

>strip
That vehicle still has a full dash.

The original muffler rusted out so now it has a fart can that I had lying around clamped onto it. It's approximately loud as hell.
It's my pos car. Let me have fun with it my way, and you can do your thing too.

Fuck, I forgot my trip

The basic idea is to prevent it from appearing to be modified at all from outside, in other words nothing above window level that can't be retracted for driving.

Also very heavy on isolating from the outside world, got reflectix throughout already but will be many layers of acoustic and thermal insulation to turn it into something of a giant cooler before appointing it with niceties inside.

Cry harder, the owner can do what he/she wants to his/her car

>trip
>no tripcode

Don't know what a tripcode even is or why it matters (it doesn't seem to at all)

happy?

I'm mildly entertained, but you still don't know how to delete posts, do you?

Also, anons love new tripfriends on Veeky Forums

>he didn't buy a tripcode from the Veeky Forums canteen

Nope, no I don't. I've never had to delete anything.

Weight reduction git gud fag

I stripped everything behind the front seats on my Integra because it was shit anyway.

Later on, I kept it that way because it was sweet to be able to get to the fuel pump, lights, etc within a minute.

Kek

It's so people with overinflated sense of self worth can post on an anonymous message board.

They think they're important enough to have a name and everyone is paying attention to them.

>mad that he isn't part of the super sekrit club

Stay mad plebian

and they also think people value their opinions.

Fungus

>tripfagging
>sekret klub

dumb, inbreed, brony tripcuck

you did it because you have aspergers and are obsessed with cars

Because there's a point where the interior degrades too much and it looks better to not have it at all. Plus it goes faster and looks cool.

So why are you on this board?

>quality thread on Veeky Forums devolves into tripfags talking about each other
wow please stop posting any time
>inb4 thirsty tripcucks reply to my post lapping up any attention they can get

>it goes faster
no it doesn't, stripping 30lbs from your underpowred shitbox doesn't do anything.
>looks cool
only when properly done right, so not a mexican hack job of exposed insulation, shitty wiring, and grimy unfinished paint.

if you aren't obsessed with cars you shouldn't even be here

>gut the interior of a car
>"only looks good when done properly"
how do you fuck that up?

when your leave your stripped rice box looking like pic related, you fucked up on the "looks cool" department.

Gutted interiors pretty honestly never look cool. They just look ugly but functional.

>30lbs
That's like the passenger seat alone

removing the backseat in my honda hatch was like 40 lbs. its a sturdy steel framed seat

the rear seats are just 2 small clips away from being removed anyway.

just to mention i have my seats in because i think it looks like shit like that. even after being painted white

And all the interior trim and sound deadening is bound to add up as well

It'll be a miracle if so how you don't end up losing over 100lbs when stripping an interior, probably even more depending on the car

my trans am dropped like 100-200lbs. i always replace my cars sound deadlining material with weightless aluminum foil stick on foam ("dynomat")

i want to get an new oem form fit carpet to put in, that will add like 50 lbs.

i used to have a 4 door mitsubishi galant and when i stripped the car, i removed all of the oem body filler material shit that they put on the steel to make it not sound like a tin can. it was like a thick layer of rubber, covered in hard plastic. i removed that shit with a fucking chisel and hammer. plus all of the foam and other carpet materials they put in those cars.

stripped out, everything added to 300+ lbs. because the carpet and foam insulation was soaked in water. it made it a completely different vehicle. huge increase in steering/braking and fuel economy

>also on stupid wide tires/offset

Lel
Is that a early 2000s Ford Focus?

Anyone tried a spray-on sound deadener? it seems like an elegant solution for a stripped shitbox.

Answer A: weight reduction for their track car
Answer B: weight reduction for hypermiling, which can be considered a sport

If you have two identical cars, one stripped-out track day special, the other a good commuter, you get thr best of both worlds, you get parts commonality, and you aren't 'cheating' on your model of car.

Also
Answer C: you have a leak somewhere, your interior got wet, and it's not drying inside the car.

I always remove the carpet, it just holds moisture. I then line it with something kind of bedliner.

>daily driver
>"""track car"""
no your srock, gutted miata is not a real track car

I did it because I also use it in regularity rally.

what do you drive?

>weight reduction
>has passenger

ISHYGDDT

>weight reduction
>no one aks you for rides

>ugly but functional

sounds breddy cool

Nobody was going to ask you for a ride in the first place mr.autismo

944 with no interior here.
Use it on the track and autocross, and there wasn't anything important other than fluffy carpet and useless plastic. So literally because racecar.

if there is not a spoon engine with a T66 turbo under that hood you should probably kill yourself.

ever tried a car with a racing seat and harness, but a stock wheel and dash? you can't reach most of it when your harnessed in with a fixed back seat.