pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084

>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8VlMNQ4RUJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LV31EHwtayo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"melee" is a social construct, just like gender

>the "core issue" you claim is that like it or not, poe doesnt railroad you into a given play style
>meanwhile players have to get fortify and or endurance charges on all melees

you dont even need to strictly be melee to have fortify, melee chars have easier access to it

and end charges are extremely optional and trivial to get on all builds

>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free

>you dont even need to strictly be melee to have fortify, melee chars have easier access to it
So its mandatory for all characters or the vast majority of them and theres no reason not to take it if you can

>and end charges are extremely optional and trivial to get on all builds
not for melee characters specially for the end game

there is no reason not to use fortify if you CAN use it. but how does this differ from say, faster attacks/casting, or any other actually useful gem?

if you needing to bind fortify to your main skills bothers you, then dont. put it in your movement one or use a 20-second vigilant strike

>not for melee chars

yes, even for them. and like i mentioned, they are trivial to get on ANY build

How does the witch's squap smell like?

>there is no reason not to use fortify if you CAN use it. but how does this differ from say, faster attacks/casting, or any other actually useful gem?
Hitting slower doesn't get me killed like not having damage reduction

>you have to cap the resists
>But you can only do it with this gem that requires you to hit something to activate it

Why is it so hard to add dodge/armor/ES/Evasion or things like next hit will do you half damage with 6 second cooldown

or you will are guaranteed to dodge the next attack

whenever you parry a hit you gain a charge that reduces the next 3 attack damage

Or gain 5% of the damage done to you as ES or life which means you get hit by 1k you gain 50 but if you block it you get free 100 if the % is off

These are just ideas probably OP tho

When I started to play starcraft 2 I was looking for competition.

When you started to playing I laughed of you because of the way you speak english, after few weeks I started to like you as a person and player, I came home to see you play and told my friends that not wanted to go out with them because Soda will play, among other things and when you said you wanted to retired from sc2, I was very unhappy, I almost cried, I left the starcraft 2, I didnt played games anymore, the starcraft 2 not was the same without you, so yeah, were complicated days for me you had a big impact on me never felt this for nobody even with hollywood stars and other persons ...
I never will forget you even if you don't play games. thank you

hitting slower = less leech and things have more chance to land hits on you =yes you can die from it

>need to cap resist with fortify

youre making no sense

fucking retard stop posting here im serious

>Have leech
>Get close to hit
>Get blown up cause have 0 defenses before landing a hit

请继续

only you would think to make 40fy the 100% of your defenses. no wonder why you think melee is unplayable

Who are you quoting? even then in top tier maps they are mandatory same shit with cwdt immortal call

i tried so hard in the 48h race...
but in the end...
it doesn't even matter...

youve never ever done a top tier map from the looks of it

if fortify was "mandatory" any bow build would be unable to do them

melee chars get hit more BUT if you aren't smart enough to take up the implication that melee builds needs layered defenses and that fortify is just added insurance vs big hits, you are never going to progress no matter how much base DR GGG gives you

I got up to level 30 and then got bored.

i died like fucking 6 times to internet dying out... mom just wouldn't let me enjoy something for once in my life...

I haven't been here for like 4 months and you're still having this fucking debate, god damn

Atlas of worlds looks pretty great i'm hyped

>if fortify was "mandatory" any bow build would be unable to do them
Bow build press a button and clear 2 screens

Melee builds have to get actual close to the it touch you, you die thingies

>melee chars get hit more BUT if you aren't smart enough to take up the implication that melee builds needs layered defenses and that fortify is just added insurance vs big hits, you are never going to progress no matter how much base DR GGG gives you

>You HAVE to get this defenses and you will be fine
Thats many point

Why not make melee weapons give defensive bonuses to give people more choices specially the ones that would be active at all times meaning you won't get instagib before you can land a hit and maybe stuff that doesn't force people to go fortify?

Just get a 100' (30 meter) ethernet cable you subhuman.

youtube.com/watch?v=8VlMNQ4RUJQ

>Why not make melee weapons give defensive bonuses
maces can stun enemies easier

a bow build that clears 2 screens not only a SIGNIFICANT chance to die from reflect on red maps, because with that dps eating up 10% of your own damage is suicide, but "melee" merely means "uses skills that scale off melee weapons". not all melee builds need you to be in the face of monsters. Some even have better clearing than bow skills

>thats my point

if your defensive layers are shit or nonexistent, fortify will do NOTHING. its not a magical gem that lets you survive

>why not make melee weapons give me def bonuses

because you'd also be giving FREE defensive bonuses to casters who use knifes, scepters, staves, etc (most of them)

h wants FREE defenses that are always on

youtube.com/watch?v=LV31EHwtayo

>not available in your country

Damn Brazilians.

Are you brazilian? How's Pedro? And the favela? Is everything ok?

>not all melee builds need you to be in the face of monsters. Some even have better clearing than bow skills
But because they are not real melee skills but pseudo ground target spells

and this is a thing because no one want to risk getting 1 shot on the way to the pack

>because you'd also be giving FREE defensive bonuses to casters who use knifes, scepters, staves, etc (most of them)
but thats what you are doing with fortify and endurance charges everyone gets

The game has to be designed around people using them else whoever uses them would never die. Its the same shit with resist caps. You are not going to design ele damage monster around people not having 75 on each

>Are you brazilian?
INo.

>it is not melee if i dont want it to be

>getting 1 shot with melee build

Man, you gotta learn defense

>not real melee skills

so you are only talking about cleave, dual/heavy/viper strike and dominating blow? kek

>designed around

getting blanket defenses as a reward for using a weapon type you'd use anyway is not the same as building with 2x curses for warlords and enfeeble, or sacrificing damage for 40fy, or losing attack frames to use a long duration vigilant strike, or losing damage to have fortify as a bow build.

most defense layers are AVAILABLE to anyone, but there are costs to them. managing the cost/benefit of defenses and offence is what arpgs are about

>>Anonymous. (2016). Anonymous. 2016, de Veeky Forums Web site:

what do you mean exactly?

>that quote

Hello newamigo

how can one single general be so dead
fucking pathetic

>Anonymous 08/14/16(Sun)23:38:38 No.151805901>>Anonymous. (2016). Anonymous. 2016, de Veeky Forums Web site: (You)
>
>what do you mean exactly?

The witch's squap.
What does the aroma remind you of?

What's a fun Pathfinder build? I have a desire to push flask buttons for fun and profit.

it must smell of plastic and hand sweat like any other squap

meme vortex

lewd.

I'm just downloading this game for the first time now to join my friends. Is there a beginner friendly build or should I just go for it? I have played d2 and d3 previously.

You're wasting your time.

You're most likely going to look at the skill tree and get excited and make a 120 points build and then make your first character, probably in a shitter league and then kill yourself after the first 10 levels then come back here asking what you did wrong expecting us to spoonfeed you.

We'll tell you to fuck off and read the OP and use google like the rest of us, you will, you'll make a new build and try something new. You'll get to level 30 or something, get bored and ask when does the game get fun. You'll eventually link your first items in the thread asking questions like how to determine the price, we'll tell you to read the OP and fuck off again. You'll say "wah wah haters from hardcore" and continue playing, you'll hit level 60 and realize this game is just a grind so you can start another grind, you'll complain about this here and we'll say "it's a game made by GRINDING GEAR GAMES you faggot", a game in which you grind for gear.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

45th for convince me not to buy the $220 pack.

look up some guides

youll either hate poe or get addicted

There is ZERO reason not to buy the full game.

Its filled with amazing extras, buttloads of points for everything one could want a really nice portrait.

Playing the free unrestricted trial is fine and all, but if you are an adult, you gotta man up and pay for entertainment you consume.

I don't mind a grind. I spent a lot of time playing diablo 1 and 2. Are you going to help point me in the right direction or should I keep googling?

the OP has a link for you

if you are dumb to read it, google "poe+beginner+guides+demigender"

What does Demigender mean?

Im going to make a 100% pierce/frostwall/LA/crit/poison/CI occultist with voltaxic and see where it gets me.

>you'll hit level 60 and realize this game is just a grind so you can start another grind, you'll complain about this here and we'll say "it's a game made by GRINDING GEAR GAMES you faggot", a game in which you grind for gear
>mfw it is all truth

>mfw this is exactly what happened to me

oh boy so melee isn't actually ever going to viable

You were in that thread too eh user?

>eq
>not viable

>eq
>melee

Why is it melee? Just because you need a melee weapon, engage a direct combat and get "close" to your enemies?

If reave is not melee for him, naturally eq isnt either.

does the skill has a melee tag?

if yes, its melee
else its just opinions

it's an aoe nuke that you cant (currently) offscreen with, therefore technically melee by current meta.

most conventional melee skills are just "i see you want to commit suicide via corrupted blood/volatile explosions/spikes/every single boss mechanic"

Welp, disagrees with you. It is not real melee if he says so.

I'm crushed guys

I didn't had a chance to play the best race, they ever did. We need paid leagues

It's fucking awesome

And adding to the melee discussion. Melee is fine as it is.

Remember people complaining about getting "oneshotted" all the time are just bad. Playing melee doesn't mean you walk up to a pot of mobs and hold rightclick

>doesn't mean you walk up to a pot of mobs and hold rightclick

Even if it did, you wouldnt be oneshot by trashmobs. If you do, your build sucks.

what are you playing until Esence League?

im racing
gotta get that voll's devotion

I can't decide which is worse, anime or shircrows.

Obviously playing the greatest game ever made.
Get on my level, noob.

shitcrows obviously

at least some of the animeposters are good at this game

face it, everyone here is fucking bad

>says the retard who is probably the worst player in this general

arpgs don't require skill to play therefore you can't be """good""" at them

while arpgs require no mechanical skill to speak of, general knowledge of the game and how to apply it in real time in a racing context is certainly a skill that you do not possess

atlas and essence look boring

all they did was adapt the jewel system to maps. the optimal way to use it will be figured out within a week and we'll all be back to doing the same grind again and again and again and again and again for another five years until they """"""revamp""""""" it again

essence league looks pretty boring. most HC players won't touch it because nobody trusts GGG's balancing anymore. i bet we'll have an entire tab full of useless essences by a week into the league

This is a pretty pessimistic view "why even see a movie, when in 2 hours you'll know what happened and be bored again"

Atlas seems pretty rad imo as a mechanism to dole out and pace maps and the map upgrade / more maps should give you some more to run at a minimum.

Essence seems crazy strong for crafting but if you're a poor shit or self found its less attractive.

too vague

i'd have to buy at least 40 tabs to be able to go an entire league without running out of room. at least 5 of those would need to be premium/trade tabs. might as well throw a currency tab in there too

i would have to spend $150 to enjoy poe properly

is this game worth $150? i think we all know the answer to that

i have never spent a single cent on the game and enjoyed it for many years

i don't think i've lived a lie

wakfu

the genius, the prodigy, project pt, is working on deciphering the enigma that is: atlas of worlds

tune in to watch now

kys projectloser we dont like you here

the fuck is this

biggest retard in /poeg/ my sides

bet you 1st scion (rank 20) didn't lose 2 minutes in mud flats because their mom microwaved her lunch at the time...

I wanna make a DW Reave build with a scepter as a stat-stick. They're so easy to get self-found early on, and later in the game I can use a doryani's catalyst for loads of damage.

Is this a decent tree for it?

poeurl.com/JaP

--sigh--

I want to purchase the Chimera Supporter Pack™ but I'm moving to a new place in 5 days and don't know if I'll have good internet.

:- / life is tough

try living off ramen and pasta and see if you can still complain about spending $220 on a game you stupid FUCK

how

I've lived in a commune for 2 years and served in the military for 4. I know what poverty feels like you baby.

I think the supporter packs will be there for the next 6 months, you can always upgrade that shit

h-haha yeah

thank you for your service and defending this country's freedom

Caustic prefix on the Mana potion?

ppt it talking about how poe is p2w

NEW END GAME MAP SYSTEM
LITERALLY A NEW WAY TO MAP
NINETEEN (19) NEW BOSSES
THIRTY (30) NEW MAPS
TIER SIXTEEN (T16) MAPS
NEW END GAME BASES
REVAMPED CRAFTING SYSTEM
MULTICORE IMPROVEMENTS
NAVALI IN GAME
ENLARGED HIDEOUTS

all boring according to catshitter, master of the game, 100% hardcore player, challenge completionist, demi winner and the best player /poeg/ has ever seen

>plays ssf to level 97
>complains the game is p2w
What are you "winning" when you're solo self-found? Is he retarded? does he consider SSF players to be losers?

>Could you give us a little introduction to what are we facing with the coming of Atlas of Worlds? Like how did it start?

This expansion was developed because we had a strong desire to improve Path of Exile's end-game. Our expansions in the past have typically added a lot of content to Path of Exile without directly improving the mapping experience. Atlas of Worlds finally gives it the update that we've been planning for a while.

This expansion includes 30 new maps, 19 new bosses (including five that are similar to act boss fights in complexity) and the Atlas of Worlds itself, an atlas that shows the spatial relationship between different maps that players explore as they seek to discover the secrets of the Shaper and how he creates maps. Eventually, players learn how they can alter the Atlas itself to meet their own requirements by upgrading maps and adding mods to areas of the Atlas.

So I recently started doing maps at level 68 (Tier 1-3 currently at 70) which is great and all, but occasionally I'm dying pretty quickly against mobs or bosses. What's the best way to figure out what went wrong?

Most of the time I'm not even able to look at the monster mods because things get too hectic, and even when I do, it doesn't give much insight (because it's not something obvious like damage reflect).

20% of most maps is just a gamble on whether I hit my panicked life flasks fast enough or just die. Usually I can clear them somehow but it feels like I'm doing something wrong.