/domg/ - Dominions General

1 PD Edition

Previous thread: Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate (-75%) and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games
>Do bully the elf

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3050&st=0#entry22151682
steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3050
steamcommunity.com/groups/dom4-russian/discussions/0/353916981471563996/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be a monk crusading against Ermor
>you and your holy bro are going out to banish some spawns of satan
>"don't worry, my brother, our faith will shield us from those fiends!"
>"deus vult, brother!"
>get shanked by two tribals with knives while a mound king is laughing in the distance

This is the thread

7;_;

Yes.

Ermor begone!

The Wheel Has Turned Once Again and my expansion sucks ass

The Throne of Gaia has awakened!

>Either way I now know you spoke to the real one (unless that was another impostor) and he wanted to keep it secret, so I can guess what it was about.
>Thank you for the information.

>implying this doesn't go both ways

Hello Aspho.

Good thing I panicked when I noticed you at the same time saying the same things, so I gave out fake and conflicting info to both

THE WHEEL HAS TURNED ONCE AGAIN

Maybe

I don't know. Maybe test it?

waddup /domg/?

I hate australia time

why tho

THE WHEEL HAS TURNED AGAINst my anus[soiler]

Any advice ? It's my first MP game since doms3 and I don't know how to deal with asshole batman

Does assassination have a particular order in which it targets commanders or is it purely random

Do you have an awake pretender? Because if it's Cataclysm you're basically fucked against him if you don't. You can try telling him that you're new to this, and asking to find another target, but that's unlikely to work.

I think your only hope might be finding some sites with strong troops and commanders, and start patrolling like crazy.

It depends on how early in the game it is. Generally speaking, in the early game he'll die to PD if he gets caught but there's little that you can do to make your mages win the duel.

Barring a pretender that can fight it, your best bet is to bring in the cheapest commanders you can from outside your cap and patrol to catch him out. You still lose out a lot - 4 indy commanders with militia is already 720 gold, but it should reliable catch and then kill him.

random

Looking for a sub for Memegeddon Lanka. The 2nd largest player atm, but not enough time for a game that honestly doesn't interest me atm in the least, and would rather not cause too much craziness by going AI.
Somewhere around 65-75% the size/power of bats I'd estimate.

I WILL NOT BEG FOR MY LIFE

I WILL KILL THE BATMAN

Hey guy, sorry about this but it's my first time with Batman too (seriously check his paths I fuged up on pretender design).

I would move on but it looks like I could run into a snek, and if others are expanding as well as I am they'll be able to rustle up some noice indy commanders. Bashing your cap and beelining for that sweet income/blood slavery haven ia possibly my only way to stay equivalent in the game and balance out my half baked batman.

Stem chat in 30 mins?

Im a shitter but if no one else does Ill take it. Whens the next turn due by?

what if I made a new e-mail and shared the password and the three of us can team up to play them. Call it the Council of Three or something

Could we do a multi-community disciples game? Mods vs domg vs stem vs ... leddit? Could make for some fresh memes and increase the viability of investment in /domg/ posts.

it depends

Only if you plan everything. I'd participate.

There was an SA v Desura thing. Desura won.

but yeah, I'd be down

Let's say you have to play a tournament of several Dom4 disciple games against people from /domg/, /v/anheim, dom3mods, leddit, jap wiki, russian community, and australian national team. Which two players would you team up with?

sum1 and raiel

I'd send a team of Rejakor, Pan, and Cirno in my place.

but that's only 2 people

>Australian national team
As far as I know I'm the only Australian here. I'll still take you all on though.

It'd be fun. A 6-flags level of danger right out the gate. Has anybody ever tried to go solo in a disciples game?

Nuclearmonkee and sum1won.

>unlimited points
>still takes heat 3

Because he's too hot for this world.

He's playing Xibalba, Pantokrator's chosen nation.

He's playing Xibalba with Ragha's sacreds. It's all clear to me now. Only Heat 3 nations are destined to survive. Pantokratoru akbar!

Starting set up now, I've admined a few games but never a disciples one, help would be appreciated. I'll sit out of playing for the sake of /domg/'s chances of winning.

I've made a gmail for the game, [email protected].

If some people could shill the concept on other boards and get a dialogue going I'd be pretty stoked,

Who are you? It's easier to communicate on Steam, especially if we actually plan to win and not have 5 stalers on our team.

>I'll still take you all on though.
Of course you will, Rejakor. Of course you will.

>I'll sit out of playing for the sake of /domg/'s chances of winning.
>Who are you? It's easier to communicate on Steam, especially if we actually plan to win and not have 5 stalers on our team.

Is Rejakor Australian?

I'm there. Was just trying to watch the last Flatus battle. Apparently I won after HP routing, gonna have to see how the fuck that happened.

yes. famously so

You can look at the quality of his shitposts, and answer that yourself.

Why would people trust a random nobody to admin a game they're going to participate in then? We already had games canceled by shitty anonymous admins.

post results/screens pls.

Also gib to one of the other guys.

Cool then, he can carry my useless ass if this thing ever actually gets going. Which age would it be? I've recently taken a liking to Berytos.

I admined TheNoobening under my own name, so if you can be bothered to look that up as a resume.

Oh, okay then. I can probably post a thread on dom3mods later today. We need someone with a leddit account.

Reddit doesn't have a Dominions userbase of its own. Just give their slot to aussie aussie aussie oy oy oy

Unfortunately it was dark, so I can't post the insane line of ozzies very well sadly.
Will post the stuff tomorrow, when I'm not dead tired.

any other communities we can get involved? Do Liquid still have games going?

How will we distinguish aussies from non-aussies? By shitposting quality? Actually, it's so silly it might just work.

We also need to decide how the "tournament" will be structured. My suggestion:

To have 3 matches (at the same time), 1 for each era. People nominate themselves for one or several tiers. Other dudes from the community vote for the participants. Then the games play out and the dankest team wins. Might be a single team too. And subbing will be easy as piss, as there are a lot of people in all communities. If we won't have enough players (or teams), we can form 2 teams for each community (excluding aussies because come on now).

Russian community has its own Steam group, and I know their strongest players. I can contact them.

Please do, use the email I provided for correspondence

3 games at once might be a little much to organize, I might just go for one in EA. I'm going to allow nation bans followed by sequential picks, with middle pick getting to choose the map.

Should /domg/ and /v/anheim have dedicated teams? I mean, there's like 90% overlap but still. Or should we make a Steam group team and a completely anonymous team of shitters?

yes please, what would be a good team size, 3? 4?

My spies managed to get graphs from Chimori. Some other nations for comparison.

The battle for my cap will be this turn, though even if I win it I doubt I'll win the next one. I hope at least most of you faggots are working on removing bats and not backstabbing eachother.

As above, either fight bats or they win, if you aren't committed to removing bats you might as well just give him all your thrones.

If we're going for 2 teams per community, 3 players would be optimal. It allows for some strong combos but doesn't necessarily transform some nation compositions into superpowers. If we have 1 team from /domg/, 1 from /v/anheim, 1 from dom3mods, 1 from russian community, 1 from aussies (if it's not a joke), that would be 6 teams and 18 players. A bearable number of people for a disciple game. We can also try t contact Goons, I think. Alternatively, double the number of teams per community and get something like 8-9 (depending on aussies) teams with 24-27 players.

>tfw got a knot in my stomach that won't go away until I see the results of my actions from last turn

REEEE DO YOUR TURNS

You here Abysia?

Welcome to die. Enjoy your stay.

Well, if it wasn't for the elves being elves, my sacreds could have been slaughtering bats by the century, but as things are, my hands are tied so I guess you guys will have to deal with the bats by yourself.

dom3mods thread up z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3050&st=0#entry22151682

I'm going to wait till teams start to filter in before locking in any game settings.

>Diplomacy
Explicitly stated gem/gold trades are binding, but nothing else.
>Hall of Fame
15 because it's a fuckhueg disciple game.

I'm gonna give a call to ruskies now.

Yeah, I expected backstabbing but I had hoped people would realize it's very likely bats already own well over half the needed throne points to win.

Bats have started attacking suspected anti-bat coalition members, if this and still doesn't get people to react (even those not directly affected), bats are winning this one.

>>Diplomacy
>Explicitly stated gem/gold trades are binding, but nothing else.

Why?

Because that's how 99% of people play this game, you silly.

You mean you want binding diplomacy? What kinda fag wants that?

Breaking trades are part of the game

A part of the game that quickly replaces you by an AI. I know you're trolling, so cut it out.

Demanding trades be binding is just as autistic as demanding non-agression pacts be binding.

For some inexplicable reason one is widely accepted and the other is the butt of every joke.

Because one protects you from meming anonymous chucklefucks who would take your gems and disappear, and allows ACTUAL TRADE to happen, and the other is just Desura-tier carebearing. It's the community's fault that Illfraud didn't make trading mechanics.

Granted, I've only started playing MP.

But as a newbie I thought it was really weird too, though desu I don't really care.

I'd rather not be scammed, and I'm not a shitfag who's going to scam people in game so it's a net win for me.

Both are carebearing tbesu fampai

steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3050

Done.

This, trade still happens with non binding agreements.

Thing is, it doesn't take too many user's doing this before people stop trading with anons period, and demand steamchat. And then anyone breaking trades could get blacklisted there, from trading entirely.
Mind, some things really seem to skirt the issue - i.e. things like "yeah, give me the pearls, I'll totes dispel BoT". But trades involving purely gems/money/items are quite sacrosanct. Less so when actions (whether they be dispels, attacking someone, not attacking someone) are involved.

Because many kinds of trade just wouldn't happen if people could disappear with your gems.

Has there ever been a game without binding trade agreements?

>Has there ever been a game without binding trade agreements?
I never saw one in my 2 years of MP. I mean, there were games (mostly anonymous) where nobody explicitly said "trade is binding", but I guess even /domg/ has some honor in this matter.

If the games were made on this thread, then nobody has to mention it, because it's a sort of unwritten rule.

I think maybe the 3 Lies game? It was a game where everything was binding, but throughout the course of the entire game you could use one of your 3 Lies to declare your statement a 'Lie', and it was no longer binding.
Not sure if that extended to trading.

Fuck, I meant
steamcommunity.com/groups/dom4-russian/discussions/0/353916981471563996/

That's actually a pretty interesting idea. We might wanna make this kind of game again. Preferably with the same rules as GlamourAndFlyingFags only most cancerous nations allowed.

>steamcommunity.com/groups/dom4-russian/discussions/0/353916981471563996/

cool story bro

If Domg and V/anheim are seperate, can we count the Spacebattles Domg community too.
I mean, on one hand its a small community, but on the other hand me and some others that play the game are technically members, and have enough for a 3-man team.

Whats up?

People really should mention it even it's widely accepted here.

Helps newbies and people from other places not step on any toes.

That's 1500 gold lost for Agartha and jack shit for skellingtons because they lost no Dusk Elders. Impressive. Very nice.

Sure, why not. Just post a link to dom3mods thread there or post in the thread who those friends of yours are. I guess some people like myself who are members of several communities can choose which one they want to represent. It would be great if if we get at least 10 communities (might wanna contact Bay12 forums maybe?) represented.

When can we expect the next Der_Gotterdammerung turn to come through? The waiting's already starting to get painful.

Just giving a heads up that Man is getting fucked from two directions by me and my skeleton bro, if you do attack me on behest of him you'll be mostly fighting a 1v1 war. If you think you'd be joining a 2v2 you'd be mistaken.

This battle wasn't much but it was the biggest army I could see, and I'm in his capring now.

>tfw you send a turn and get hyped for its resolution but because of staling faggots all that hype dies in the next 72 hours

I delayed for TNN, but apparently they managed to get their turn in ahead of time. If I had known, I wouldn't have delayed that much.
Some people just like waiting till the last minutes to do their turn. Don't think anyone is chain stalling anymore, since I found someone to set Niefel AI.