Buying a shit tier car

>buying a shit tier car
Holy shit, it's like some kids here like having auto problems a year after their purchase. If you're buying a car, don't buy some used clunker guaranteed to die on you or give you costly problems. Most people can have at least one good possession even if they're poor.I just don't understand kids that rush to buy the equivalent of Wal-Mart toys.

Give an example of a shit tier car and one of a good investment

Shitbox corolla with 300k miles and nothing holding fluids. You can literally shell out a bit more and get a super comfy e46

>e46
>more reliable than a corolla

now i know your trolling

Clarification: Buying new is a bad idea unless you're a trust fund baby with no value for a dollar but have some goddamn self respect for yourself. You're buying a vehicle, it's an investment, try to get a nice used vehicle that will last you at least half a decade without major problems.

Yeah, your car payment is $50 less than mine but I don't have to wait with my thumb up my ass when the suspension gives and you're rumbling to a stop like a solid that takes 9v batteries.

People keep telling me they're reliable and easy/cheap to wrench on so i just blindly repeated what i was told with no personal experience on the matter

Not OP but I think what he is saying its better to spend more on a car upfront, rather than buying a shittier one and having it break.

They just look at the initial price and don't think how much it's going to cost them down the road.

>bmw
Looks like he's kind of a dumbass though. a better example would be a $1500 chevy shitbox vs, a $2500 corolla that is in solid shape. The corolla is going to more than likely cost less than the chevy after a couple years of ownership

That's not me. I'm the OP. Not my example.

nigger i have owned a '98 toyota for 8 years and have racked up 218k miles. ive replaced the starter contacts, battery, oil/air filters, spark plugs. thats it. the starter contacts went out 2 days after i bought it and that is the only time it has failed to start on me. you cannot find a more reliable and durable vehicle than a 90s toyota. my truck gets copious amounts of WOT, hitting the fuel cut off trying to get on the highway, has been jumped across an intersection and cooked the shocks bouncing around trails in the desert more times than i can count and it asks nothing for maintenance. my buddys corolla has ran all week on a quart of oil and still runs strong. if you're recommending someone get an e46 over an old corolla for a vehicle that will be cheap and dependable and last them for many years, youre fucking trolling because there is no evidence that an e46 is more reliable than a shitbox 90s toyota.

>youre fucking trolling
>knows it and still got mad
Uwot

I had a 97 corolla for around 3 weeks and it leaked and burned engine and tranny oil, power steering fluid leaked and the ride was shit.

You can turn any shit-tier car into a high roller with the installation of one (1) set of $2000 coilovers. Don't believe me? ask around

My buddy has owned an E46 330ci for 6 years
The car is a stripped drift missle but it has never died on him, no overheats, no leaks, no starting problems, no transmission problems, the engine runs perfectly. The body is messed up though because he's crashed several times. He's about to turbocharge the engine. It is hard to find a more reliable late 90s early 2000s sedan/coupe than an E46.
I've also owned 2 e46s, one of them had 249k miles. Great cars
Pic related my friends E46

I had a 98 corolla and it needed new gaskets and mounts for everything

There is not a single gasket, seal, or mount that was not worn and worthless. The engine bounced around so badly it hit the hood at times. The drain plug didn't actually plug the drain hole and needed to be replaced. Piston seals were shot so it burned oil as fast as it burned gas. But it started and drove at some speed, so that's all a corolla fanboy needs to know to call it reliable.

Corollas are regular cars and need regular car maintenance. Period. Parts fail and need replace. Toyota uses steel, not toyotium.

So YOU have no experience with it means it isn't true? How about the rest of the free worlds experience with it, will that change your mind? It's common fucking sense. Apparently in your mind a shit tier car is anything less than BMW. Well that's fine and dandy for people win money to sink into the overrated pieces of shit but let the ear of us save our money for more important things than a fucking chair box that gets us to work.

>tfw own a 1982 Corolla with 230k miles
>tfw beat on it everyday
>tfw parts cost pennies

Its my commuter regardless

>not having a shit car to daily drive and winter drive
>not having a special car in mint condition for weekend driving

Being an idiot I actually bought a shit car as my first car. The poor thing kept stalling at red lights and the power was an illusion, but the body was in good condition and it was cheap.

So I took my wrench and fixed it.

It allowed me to learn heaps about fixing cars. I had to take apart most of the engine, learn how to test for certain issues, learn how to fix these issues and overall a crash course on how to unfuck a fucked car.
In retrospect a good decision despite how much I hated myself for doing that back then. Nothing beat the feeling of the first successful drive with no issues whatsoever, the feeling of cranking the engine over after fucking shit up and having it start.

>don't buy some used clunker guaranteed to die on you
2000 corolla 5 speed
$1,200
202,000 miles so far
doesnt leak 1 drop
stock clutch
oil still clean after 6,000 miles
37.2MPG avg over 4 years

Speak for yourself.

corolla master race

>le REE it makes me so angry that other people drive cars that I don't like

What is with these shit threads? Where are the mods?

>the model of car I like is reliable no matter what

>You're buying a vehicle, it's an investment, try to get a nice used vehicle that will last you at least half a decade without major problems.

This. New is basically a decade of service, but if you buy a reliable car that's a few years old, it'll last you years anyway for less money.

had to stop reading half way

your post was long as fuck

>all this mad about how people spend their own money

it's true, this entire board really is poor.

just put down 30k for a cla 45 amg. and there's nothing you can do about it except pic related