Fuck the UKs speed bumps. One more reason to move to Murica

Fuck the UKs speed bumps. One more reason to move to Murica

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/itm/like/172197389819?lpid=106&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
youtube.com/watch?v=I8XZHUR-QsM
youtube.com/watch?v=XhQIXO0vUOM
youtube.com/watch?v=uWJ0jSl0WWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol there's a reason people drive trucks north of Delaware, winter potholes are fucked up here too

no where in america has good roads except florida and the southwest.

It really depebds on where you are. Most people are only able to compare roads that are within 100 miles. Im from south eastern pennsylvania and the roads here are shit. New jersey has top qaulity infrastructural design but average roads. Maryland has great roads but infrastructure is mid to low average. West virginia has suprisingly good main roads and highways but everything else is shit.

i drove through new hampshire once

the roads there are hell on earth,

hawaii has the nicest i've seen

Where in NH?

I live here, but I guess I'm used to the shittiness.

You can't drive above 40mph in Hawaii. My poor ricer cousin bought an Integra and then let loose one day going a wopping 65 mph, which is 25 over, which qualified as a super speeder and he was forced to go to court and almost got his license taken.

Fuck Hawaii desu senpai.

How fast were you going, and how low is your car?

Because speed bumps exist to kill stanced cars, to my mind. Apply more clearance.

I'm in MA and when I get on a NH highway I sigh in relief. I dunno how but at least around Nashua and east of Manchester the roads beat out central and eastern MA.

My car isn't low.

It's a standard 1993 Peugeot 1.1L 106.

Speed bumps around here are way too high up because they sink at the start and high in the middle.

Councils don't care though.

I got pulled over on Maui. In a rental car, doing about 90.

And I left the paperwork for the rental car in my hotel room. The cop stood there for a couple minutes looking at me and then told me to GTFO.

My gti came from Hawaii and the previous owner threw on a big turbo and Porsche brakes as well as other shit. Now I'm even more confused about this shitbox

Speed bumps are a good excuse to slow down so after you pass over them you can BRAPAP your way to the next one

Is that your exhaust? If so, you should be happy. You just got your car straight piped for free

I can't get pictures but here in Ayr a few years back the council installed 3 feet tall speed bumps in the biggest parking lot, because of ONE (1) drag race that happened. Now it's literally impossible to use said parking lot without a 4x4 because the speed bumps are so huge

>not just thermiting the bumps so they have to be removed

Fuck sleeping policemen desu

>Buy powdered aluminum
>Get arrested for conspiracy to commit terrorism

The UK is full on 1984 mate

>his country puts giant bumps on the road to slow down cars
>not slalom tier chicanes so that sports car drivers have even more fun than before
laughing_germans.png

>go to any fucking CNC machine shop
>bag a sack of alu shavings
>grind em a little
>scrape the rust off of your car because the road salt has been eating the fuck out of it
>grind that also
>mix
>done
Nigger it's literally the two easiest materials to source.

It would be if there wasn't a traffic camera waiting behind that thing 99% of the time.

I fucking love slalom traffic control

>Speed limit of 15mph
>Winding chicanes and rumble strips to enforce it
>Blast through at 40mph at 2 am

How does that work? What would have to be done to do that?

>his town can afford speed cameras
laughing_east_germans.ussr

Alu shavings is Al
Rust is FeOx (iron oxidized with whatever much oxygen)
If you dump them together and heat the powders hard enough, the iron gives off its oxygen to the Aluminum in an exothermic (aka HOT HOT HOT) reaction that continues until all the material is used up. What you get is basically a puddle of extremely hot liquid metal that is violently reacting with itself and will bore downwards through literally fucking anything as long as the reaction is going on.

If you'd fill a coke can with it and place it on the hood of a car with a V8, it'd burn a fist sized hole through the block from top to bottom and make a hole in the asphalt udnerneath.

ebay.de/itm/like/172197389819?lpid=106&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
???

>FeOx
Science knowledge in the year II-O-I-VI.

Sue me, I'm studying mechatronics engineering, not Mech-Chem engineering.

There's nothing stopping you buying them, same way you can buy large quantities of AN or Nitrometheane, but you'll immediately get on 20 different watch lists, and likely arrested shortly afterwards, especially if you order iron oxide at the same time as your alu shavings

>It's a standard 1993 Peugeot 1.1L 106.

No wonder it broke. You're lucky the frame didn't snap. Is it just the rust holding it together now?

Frame is sturdy as ever and no rust at all.

Just had the exhaust come off twice since owning it and a few other easy repairs.

can't you sue them or something, common law and all?

>Implying you can sue the government

Burger here

the other day I hit a bump (that was damn well hidden behind a dip in the road) and my check engine light came on

i'm pretty sure you can sue a city council

you can sue the county

just buy a skid of etch a sketches

Yeah you can, but as a poorfag(I'm driving a 106 so I think that explains it) it would cost me more money to sue the council in a small claims court than get it fixed and hope it don't happen again.

>have to go through an HOA neighborhood to get home
>fucking giant speedbumps every 10 feet that make your car shake violently no matter how slow you go over them
>signs on peoples yards written in big letters "SLOW DOWN CHILDREN PLAYING"
>cruising along, engine braking for speed bumps so i dont have to lose any more speed than I have to
>ham planet comes waddling out of her home screaming "SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!" when I'm barely going 30km/h

maybe you can get a couple of people togther or something

That'd be in a perfect world but it's more hassle than it's worth imo.

It'd probably be cheaper for me to get a rally version of my car or a 205 rallye and I'd much rather jump over those speedbumps

Das hol ich mir für meinen nervigen nachbarn

For this reason I always carry candy on me. There is nothing funnier than a fat person getting in your face and you treating them like a monkey and throwing handfuls of rock candies in front of their feet. Okay, maybe tossing sweets at diabetics is a little better.

Stories. Now.

None (sadly), I do always carry sweets either in my backpack or a breast pocket but there's not enough angry fat people in Germany to get up in my grill. It is a nice thing to give to a friend when you meet them though. People never expect a little extra kindness.

Well go and fucking find some, after America Germany's got the most McDonalds joints in the world, it can't be hard.

In Germany more men are fat than women, which is a rare thing in comparison with the rest of the world (beer bellies, who'da thought) and fat guys are usually too chill to become issues. Sorry sempai, you'll have to try the trick yourself.

To be fair, iron has multiple oxide states and given the relatively small energy difference of the Fe +2, and Fe +3 electronic configurations FeOx is a very valid statement.

Hawaii is what the US looks like without white people.
All the nanny state bullshit is done by the Asian majority, and only once in a while do the federal courts tell them to cool it.

I live in florida, an hour outside orlando. Litterally pot holes and construction that goes on for 3 years everywhere. I can attest to this shit, fuck florida roads.

This. Tampa, st Pete, from the villages to Naples. Never drove in a city that had perfect roads.

I have to go through at least 12 speed bumps to get to my place. It's fucking hell. They just put them wherever they want. Hell they even put them in avenues. I hate this shithole.

>speed bumps

youtube.com/watch?v=I8XZHUR-QsM

>old job
>hauling dirt to a new housing development
>gmc topkick 366 big block
>exhaust rusted off so just open headers
>take off from stop sign, shift into 2nd gear
>ham beast comes running out of her screaming "slow down there's children here"
>speed limit is 25mph
>this truck barely does 10mph in 2nd with a full load

Never come to NYC then because there's speed bumps and potholes errywhere

How the fuck did you do that?

it'd probably be cheaper for you to drive over the bumps slowly

All the roads in Dixieland are equally shitty, don't come here

>Drive E34
>Council installs stance destroying speedbumps that would make cover shooter games erect
>dont even lift off
>superior German engineering withstands punishment

This is the same car i reversed into a house and came away without a scratch. Essentially, 90's german stronk

Driving slowly is actually what caused it. I was going slow because my friends had an open can of monster. I usually go over them with a little more speed and clear them

m8 you seriously need to git gud
my old car used to throw sparks on anything but a perfectly flat surface, yet i never, ever broke anything. come to beds/herts/cams and get some training, we got speedbumps you need to go onto the pavement to avoid, potholes that take out wheels, and you're complaining that your bodged together exhaust is broken?
look at you're ground clearance, can you even drive?

I live in southern Ohio, and the only time roads git gud are when they are freshly paved. There is a pothole in almost every road I travel, and no one bothers to fix them.

Are you mentally I'll? They exist to slow people down.on many cars you can scrape the undertray just but not slowing down enough for them

This this this this this
Came to post this too

Whenever I enter NH all the roads are nice and paved and smooth. At least around Pelham and Exeter
Nowhere in the surrounding cities of MA that I live in have paved smooth fresh roads
Always a pot hole or 2
The biggest joke is when you pay the toll to hop on I93 and IMMEDIATELY get welcomed by potholes. Isn't that what the tolls ARE FOR? To help pay to cover them up?

>implying any decent CNC shop isn't reclaiming their chips
shiggy diggy

Max power, max power
max power, max power

youtube.com/watch?v=XhQIXO0vUOM

Whoop, found the stancefag.

The fact that your exhaust keeps rusting off disproves your 'no rust' theory.

speed bumps are everywhere m8

>Fuck the UKs speed bumps. One more reason to move to Murica

My neighborhood Home-Owner Association installed carefully designed speed bumps. They do not give a big jostle despite being very tall. That's because they are gradual and smooth. The engineered trick is that right before the bump is a somewhat deep drainage depression. The car's nose moves downward due to the tire moving down the depression. Remember, this is not so much a ditch as it is a somewhat downward pointing hill. Now, the car is pointing downward a little.

At certain slow speeds, the car moves over both just fine with lots of clearance. But if the car goes too fast, the downward inertia of the car body is not compensated for in time and the fairly tall but very rounded smooth speedbump will not only touch that rubber air dam in front of most cars, but actually reach the front bodywork of the car!!!!! After all, your car is still pointing down as it reaches the speedbump. Super Tough Luck!!!! !!!!! !!!!! And some more !!!!! for good measure. To avoid lawsuits, at no time is it discussed this was deliberately done to punish speeders by giving them genuine permanent damage. But all of us non-speeders approve. If you move slow, they are almost unnoticeable. Hurrah for speed bump engineering that takes car movement inertia into account.

The car's nose drills into the speed bump if they are speeding. As Sarah Palin and other republicans say: Drill. Baby. Drill!

Every time I see a new deep gouge in the surface of any of our speedbumps, a smile appears on my face. Drill, baby drill. One more teenage child speeder has punished his parents' car. Drill. Baby. Drill. Oh, yeah, baby. Drill.

>Fuck the UKs speed bumps
Not enough fucking is going on. Drill. Baby. Drill. Oh yeah!

It wasn't rust that made the exhaust come off. It was a perished rubber. At the back box that lowered it a little and caused it to be pulled out of the pipe to the cat converter.

>Councils don't care though.

They'll care when everyone starts driving clapped-out trucks over them at full speed at 2 AM.

>3 feet tall speed bumps

We've told you a million times: Don't exaggerate.

>Every time I see a new deep gouge in the surface of any of our speedbumps, a smile appears on my face.

Until you realize it was an aid unit trying to get someone having a heart attack to the hospital. Or a fire truck coming to put your house out.

I'm from upstate NY and it is no different driving from Rochester to Boston. Either 90 or 5&20, 90/80 heading west is average until Dakotas, and shitty in Wyoming and nice after that.

>If you'd fill a coke can with it and place it on the hood of a car with a V8, it'd burn a fist sized hole through the block from top to bottom and make a hole in the asphalt udnerneath.
Underage b&.

>Not living in the Netherlands where speed bumps are mandatory every four feet.

Ignore the cuntface on the left.

>Typical Dutch road.

>Live in spokane
>Get alignments monthly

Or someone that was just driving appropriately for the conditions

sans speed bumps

unless you drive an oldschool citroen.

youtube.com/watch?v=uWJ0jSl0WWQ

TN has some great roads.

>My neighborhood Home-Owner Association
YOUR CAR'S TOO LOUD
YOUR CAR'S TOO OLD
YOUR CAR'S TOO DIRTY
IT'S MAKING OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD LOOK BAD
WE'RE GOING TO REMOVE IT FROM OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
> b-but muh property rights
OUR RIGHTS, NOT YOURS, YOU'RE PAYING US TO CONTROL YOU.

1/10, wouldn't live under a home-ownership gestapo.

>florida
>good roads
I'm in south florida and the roads here are absolute shit

>My neighborhood Home-Owner Association
if you want to live where you get told how to live your life down to the most minuscule detail why not move to europe? or rob a bank and go to jail?

I have mixed feelings on HOAs. For all the bad, they also can keep people from keeping cars in their front yards, throwing parties that keep you up at night, and actively help to keep the neighborhood in good condition.

NYC here.

I have to get an alignment done every 18 months preferably sooner) otherwise my car will steer heavily to the right - the roads have been shit for years now despite all of the taxes the state government puts on us.

Can't wait to get a job elsewhere and ditch this commiefornia-lite state.

* (preferably sooner)

>implying people just leave cars in front of their houses in the suburbs that aren't out for sale
>implying parties can't be broken up by cops or that noise ordinances don't exist
>implying yard and house upkeep is an issue in places where people are actually neighborly

there is literally [literally] no upside to living in a community with an HOA

you forgot you have to pay a monthly membership fee to have less freedom. kek.