Can someone explain what are robinhood instant's policy on freeriding? What is freeriding...

Can someone explain what are robinhood instant's policy on freeriding? What is freeriding? Can someone explain to me with some example, and not just the definition? I posted this in the general but fot ignored so making a new thread about it so i can get an answer. Pic unrelated, its just the woman im going to marry when i become rich

>when i become rich
>robinhood
good one

Can you at least answer my question in the OP?

It is not robinhood it is finra.

What part don't you get? Unsettled funds?
As the other user pointed out, it doesn't have as much to do with Robinhood.

hope you don't mind her making becky look strong

So heres the deal.

I buy Stock A immediately after making a deposit because my deposit is shown as buying power. I then sell the Stock at a loss and immediately biy Stock B. Is that freeriding?
Blissfu is going to BTFO Becketty, my future trophy wife is a winner

>Is that freeriding?
Yep.

This assumes you're not using margin.
Are you?

So every time I make a trade or deposit, I cant use the money until three days later?
What do you mean? I made a robinhood account with a couple of thousand

>a trade or deposit
A trade (sell) yes, a deposit would depend on your broker (or lack thereof).

>I made a robinhood account with a couple thousand
What does this have to do with trading on margin?

Also, what confused me further was my email to robinhood support, they said "robinhood doesnt allow trading with unsettled funds" and always tells us "buying power" which can be used, The stock I sold, the money I got was buying power almost immediately

What does it mean to trade on margin?

When you have an agreement with your broker to let you borrow against the value of your investments, and to use the borrowed money to invest.

presumably you have a cash account because RH gold is margin.. but seriously if you didnt know that please dont trade you are going to lose your money

So what happens after a freeriding trade? Does the account get frozen 90 days? When I talked to support, they told me Robinhood doesnt allow such trades to go through, which confused me even further because my trade went through. As for losing money, its only 2k I want to experiment and learn some things

>I want to experiment and learn some things
You could do a meet up on Grindr, lube-free.
That might be less painful.

That women looks like trash. You could do better op

Dont talk like that about my precious Blissfu

Op here, so I finally got an email back from support. Apparently having a Robinhood instant account is a "limited-margin" account so its not freeriding. Support said any purchase that goes through, it means it was not freeriding because the app blocks use of unsettled funds. So my gains are intact and lawful, and Im still on track to having Blissfu trophy wife

Apparently you intend on blowing those supposed gains on makeup for that whore. What the fuck how much makeup does this bitch use?