Why hasn't texting and driving become a punishable offense everywhere?

Why hasn't texting and driving become a punishable offense everywhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9N1iw5Vdim8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is in first world countries.

Because of MUH RIGHTS morons. You know, the "seatbelt laws are bad" and "we should let decrepit old people drive" and types

>people follow these laws

Why don't we outlaw tobacco and alcohol while we're at it? Surely getting rid of alcohol and tobacco would save more lives than banning texting while driving.

That white woman is so happy.

decrepit old people kill more than just themselves

smoking primarily effects the user, while old people kill others, while not dying themselves due to their invincible landbarges

seatbelts dont affect other people you mong. way to blow it in the second reply.

Not wearing seatbelts primarily effects the user too but we have laws mandating that people wear them to keep them safe.

Not wearing seat belts affects others when your corpse is flung out through the windscreen into oncoming traffic and run over by an unsuspecting mother in a minivan full of kids who are now all scarred for life

is that really the reason for this stupid law

That and to protect people from their own stupidity

If there's multiple people in a car and one of them is not wearing a seatbelt at the time of a crash, they could rock around the cabin and impact passengers, possibly causing brain damage and other fun stuff.

>I'm voting for Bernie.

>that guy with a manual who still texts and drives

;^)

that and post accident accident where people get knocked out, or hurt in a minor fender bender, and because they were unbuckled get dissorianted, and cause a second accident.

People like
Morons who have to be legally forced to wear a seatbelt. The sort of people who should have a claymore mine instead of an airbag.

Why isn't blindly crossing into the road that cars drive on a punishable offense?

I cross the road all the time with cars. But I look. I do this because I hate having to stop when one fucking retarded person wants to cross the street and can't into frogger mode.

Tfw one-handed shifting while eating/phone/whatever AND my car pulls so I can't have my hand off wheel for long

Is in the Land Of The Free. Jaywalking.

Frankly, I feel I should be legally able to hit them and break their legs.

>That white woman is so happy.
she's texting her friend that she is about to run over some beaners.

Excuse my autism but WHY THE FUCK IS SHE DRIVING 185KM/H IN A VILLAGE WHILE TEXTING?

Fuck, I hate stupid ass stock photos.

Jesus fuck, why is there a crosswalk in a 140mph/220kph zone?

... how the fuck did you beat me by five minutes?

At least we can be autistic together nao.

this has probably been asked a ton, but what do the yellow bits in the 30 - 40 km/h and 50 - 60km/h represent?

common speed limits in Germoney and probably other EU countries too

fucking cold

i haaaate hatehatehate hate HATE!!! texters

drunk drivers i like more becuase drunk people are drunk and incapable of making good decisions

texters are sober and RETARDED and deserve a painful, slow death

>W202 with only 121k on the clock

That's a rare sight.

Must be a flipped image

the sad thing is that usually the ones who get hit pay the price for the texting idiot's obliviousness and the texting bitches get away with some bruises

>48°C temperature difference

That's some decent insulation in that house.

what sort of mud hut shithole do you live in, user?

1998, one previous owner; an old lady who bought it for herself when she retired. She was selling it because she was no longer allowed to drive due to an eye condition

Its also has the V6, which was the first V6 Mercedes ever produced, and a very rare engine to find in a W202 as it came quite late, and landed in the weird "middle" market between the practical C200 and the upper class C36/C43

Comestic rust fucking everywhere tho, and some pretty nice damage to the right side doors from the previous owner. What the fuck she was doing when she damaged it like this I have no idea

Thats what you gotta have to live here. Houses here are built really fucking solid, with thick wooden walls that have been insulated with glass wool

My great meth infused state of Oklahoma just made texting and driving illegal, a family of five was killed two years ago by a high school girl who was txting while driving her dads suv in the rain, she smashed their caravan so bad they had to cut it into pieces to get the bodies out.

It's illegal here and people still do it.

I drive 10mph above the limit and i'll still get by overtaken by dumb women doing 90 while looking down at their phones ON A FUCKING HIGHWAY.

She's just bragging to her friends about how she's about to make the world a better place

Jesus fuck

>following car in front in somewhat narrow road
>swerving side to side
>tailgating car in front
>braking and accelerating hard
>"baby on board" sign
>"Hillary 2016" sticker
>"99%" sticker
>finally pass this retard
>it was a woman face-timing with someone holding the phone right I front of her fucking face

This is what we have come to, this is why self driving cars will sell and kill manual driving. These fucks can go fuck themselves.

it is you get a ticket retard

A seatbelt doesn't take your eyes off the the road if you don't wear it, though.

>not watching anime on your phone during your rush hour commute in traffic

its like you want to bore yourself to death

>literally wanting to bring prohibition back

Do you have fantasies of being a bootlegger or something, because that's fucking retarded

>"I wasn't texting I was changing to the next song"

it's an unenforceable law

Be driving on freeway
Asshole next to me swerves into my lane partially cutting me off then corrects
I honk at him
Pull up next to him and get his attention while he still has his face in his phone
Acts like he dindu nuffin wrong
Puts phone down
Not more than one minute later,
Phone back in face and swerving...

Yeah. Or they just give you a pissy little fine. My state can charge you up to $60 including court costs. Doesn't even go put points on your license. They're trying to add that last bit in though. They're also trying to push it for cell phone use in general in a separate bill. Doubt that one will pass. I'd be inconvenienced by it unless they allowed hands free shit, but I certainly understand it. Don't know how many fuckwits I've almost plowed into at intersections because they were just talking on the phone and not paying a god damn bit of attention. Mostly seems to be assholes who refuse to yield in a turning lane. Dude I was with chased a guy down for it once.The guy had no fucking idea what Dude was talking about. Completely fucking oblivious.

so does anyone else get real upset when you're in the car with someone and they're on their phone while driving? fuck my life right?

>Why hasn't texting and driving become a punishable offense everywhere?

It is that way with state law. But each community has its own police department and personality. Thus, there are differences in whether or not the laws are consistently AND evenly enforced.

An episode of Mythbusters took on the claimed myth that hands-free meant people could safely use cellphones while driving. The episode used staff and facilities at Stanford University to perform much of the testing. Thus, scientific approaches were utilized. Results showed that hands-free was also hugely distracting to drivers if an accident-prone situation appeared. A statistically significant number of people were used.

People may argue the test was flawed and it was. Unlike real life where people are careless, these people KNEW they were being tested and thus tried hard to not fail (have an accident) while using a cellphone. Another flaw was that all the people were alert and unimpaired (not drunk, not sleepy, not overly tired, not on drugs, not smoking blunts, not eating/drinking) during the test. Thus the test would be biased towards a result showing using cellphones during driving was a safe activity.

"""I drove and hit no one or anything, but someone else was forced to hit another car due to my weaving during cellphone use.""" While many people would consider this a success, reasonable people evaluate this as a failure cellphone use.

>Is in the Land Of The Free. Jaywalking.
>Frankly, I feel I should be legally able to hit them and break their legs.
In my big city, almost all jaywalkers are blacks. Even hispanics know not to jaywalk a busy road. So Black Lives Matter would sue you with federal anti-discrimination money (they know how to file such lawsuits so it costs them little). In my city, BLM accuses anyone of bias if they use "statistics" showing how blacks relate to the rest of the population. They're forcing re-invention of Goodspeak (from Brave New World).

>. Results showed that hands-free was also hugely distracting to drivers if an accident-prone situation appeared.
I try not to even use my hands free because when I get the call versus when the call ends is like a time warp and I don't really remember how I drove. I'm pretty dumb so multitasking isn't my forte.

I don't text and drive at all, that's just scary.

>Why hasn't texting and driving become a punishable offense everywhere?

Laws are selectively enforced. People also lie and say they were not texting but just trying to turn their phone off or trying to stop the ringtone or any other excuse.

Lying and showing fake righteous anger is the american way to avoid blame in today's society. Heck, even businesses boldly tell lies as a normal way of doing business (my local chevrolet dealership is like that).

Take the phone off them or never ride with them again.
If you just sit there and let them distract themselves AND use the phone while with people face to face, then you deserve the accidnet they get into, beta.

Here, it's 90% white people. Usually office workers in broad daylight, that can't be bothered to walk a few yards to a crossing and wait a few seconds for the lights to change.
From today onwards, I'm leaning on the horn and aiming for them. RUN, FUCKERS!

> You were still using the phone
> Into the cells you go

B-but muh r-right to kill muhself in an accident!

> You were still using the phone
> Into the cells you go

That's not how american city politics work. If you put the child of an important person into the cell, your career will be punished. So to protect your career, you only put into cells the normal citizens and the poor. The rich people and children of rich people you leave alone with a warning about weaving in traffic and no mention of a cellphone (so that the record you enter into your stop log shows no mention of cellphone use).

Thus, you advance your career at the expense of laws enforced against normal people but not usually enforced against the rich. Only in cases where there is media pressure to enforce laws equally do you enforce laws against the rich.

>B-but muh r-right to kill muhself in an accident!
yeah jackass let me live on edge
fuck helmets

You don't have to wear a helmet to ride a motorbike in Pennsylvania.

They've scraped innumerable bikers off the road and then plastered them all over the news in recent weeks.

Lel dumbasses

You don't remember how that Texas teen got away with driving drunk and killing 4 people?

>You don't remember how that Texas teen got away with driving drunk and killing 4 people?
That guy couldn't disprove it so he only posted an semi-censorship insult. It's a truism of the american justice system that wealthy people are treated better than normal or poor people.

i went to nh and i'll admit i took a couple short hops with my head bare

honestly i found it cold and i think my brain was upset at me for not protecting it

>That's not how american city politics work.

Oh, isn't it?
I guess I'm too used to living in a first-world country where the justice system actually works worth a damn.

>unenforceable
youtube.com/watch?v=9N1iw5Vdim8

pls can they do this in my city pls

I have a solution for this.

You put bluetooth in the cars and software on the phones. When the phone's accelerometers and gps detect that it is in a car. It then tries to talk to a bluetooth device in your car. If it finds the bluetooth then it confirms it is in a car. It goes into car mode. Which suppress notifications, disables everything but bluetooth earpiece/car system and gps navigation.

when the phone knows it isn't moving. It will allow you to use the phone as normal. Though it shuts down again when you start moving.

What if a passenger tries to use their phone?

And Android Auto and Apple Carplay already solved this, the phone is disabled and acts as a processor for your head unit

>What if a passenger tries to use their phone?
Who cares about the passengers? Some sacrifices have to be made in the name of safety.

And what if someone tries to turn back to 'phone' mode?
To my mind, the car should pull itself over and stop.

Autism

Well for one, the passengers you fucking retard. He wasn't saying safety wasn't more important he's pointing out why nobody would ever go for a law like that.

Llama does this already

>I have a solution for this.

The conservatives have sort of won the battle in my city and so the police barely enforce the cellphone driving laws. About the only time the law is enforced is when the cellphone weaving in lane occurs in front of the officer. The conservatives said that business requires the ability to take and give messages in cars especially with the traffic congestion and time wasted in traffic. If that time was lost to them, business productivity would suffer and the city would have decreased tax revenue.

So the laws exist but are barely enforced here due to the complaints made at the city council meetings. Those that spoke to support cellphone laws got shouted down for being liberals supporting a nanny state where the government spends a lot of money and beauracracy to put its nose into everyone's business.

>White woman about to demolish a bunch of brown garbage
Justified.

Reduce insurance company pay-outs.

>If that time was lost to them, business productivity would suffer

If your business revenue was worth shit to us, you'd have a chauffeur.

Idk but CA was one of the first to outlaw it and I'd say there's 50% chance you look at the car next to you and they have their head in their phone.

Did she recover?

did she kill?

Because it's only a problem in countries that have a lot of female drivers.