I'm thinking of buying either a 2014 Scion tC or a 2014 Civic Si coupe...

I'm thinking of buying either a 2014 Scion tC or a 2014 Civic Si coupe. Which would be the better choice to keep for 10 years, Veeky Forums?

Civic Si
>fun
>quick
>excellent 6 speed

tC
>handles good
>liftback practicality
>cheaper on gas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FMG0Krf-wo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Civic Si, how is this even a comparison?

This, what the fuck OP

are you forced at gunpoint to choose ? the si

otherwise what the fuck, get a fiesta st. why would you even begin considering a tc

both are tryhard shitboxes. they're both slow.

This. Get a Viper and supercharge it

They're both equally slow

youtube.com/watch?v=7FMG0Krf-wo

They're both shit. How much can you spend? Cash or financing? How's your credit?

Aftermarket support and community base will be much larger with the Civic Si. Also the Tc is getting discontinued after scion goes byebye.

Otherwise why not get a Fiesta ST if practicality isn't your ultimate goal?

>FiST
>practical

It's tiny as shit, it has unreliable Ecoboost garbage, typical shoddy Ford quality

The Civic is just a better car in general, but at least the tC is reliable.

>It's tiny as shit, it has unreliable Ecoboost garbage, typical shoddy Ford quality
sounds like someone who has never driven one and already prejudice against ford

did a mustang rape your father?

You obviously never owned one to know the troubles of its awful build quality and engine.

>says tc is cheaper on gas because he can't afford premium fuel for the si even though it's like 20cents more a gallon

Wew lad

what troubles? i'll admit the build quality of the interior is subpar but it's inb4 you mention the automatic trans on the lower models
we're talking about the ST

the one with the k20 god-engine of course

k24*

try 60 cents more faggot

Where do you live?

Poor fucking baby cry harder you little faggot

Chimpcongo

Why do faggots believe a car ultimatively needs some supreme premiumer fuel?
Its a honda and pretty much has a solid engine and that will accept anything and do anything well

Higher compression ratio to prevention premature detonation

Did you fail highschool chemistry?

i miss viperposting

It requires premium you cuck

tC. Better.

Neither. Get the iM with the 6 speed.

Has way more space than both of those, probably even MORE reliable, cheaper cost of ownership, handles surprisingly good and although not powerful, is the type of car you can row thru the gears and beat on it without breaking the speed limit. ie more fun to drive a slow car fast than fast car slow.

Si. Why are you comparing an apple to shit? Gas is dirt cheap for the Si. Three bars till empty is aorund $25 bucks using 93 octane. Stop being a cheap ass.
>Pro tip I own a '15 Si.

more like comparing vomit to shit. your shitbox is shit

How's the bus these days?

why do people cuck themselves into slow expensive boring cars

the tC isn't expensive, they depreciate like shit because of the Scion brand and you can buy one barely used for almost 8k off the MSRP

Don't get a tC. My 16 year old VW Golf just beat one.

My wife's son has a newer tC, I like it. Sporty daily driver

Are you one of those fucking retards that thinks premium gas is some magical substance for fancy cars or when you want extra HP?

tC is outdated and discontinued. It failed at being what it's supposed to be.

No way! He only used E85 on all his cars! Runs perfect!

Why not an FR-S? Similar price and lightweight, RWD platform m8

>not becoming FA5 masterrace

>less practical
>worse gas mileage
>less torque than a fucking Civic
Considering OP's looking for a kinda sporty daily driver for the next 10 years, a Civic makes perfect sense

>FR-S

please kys

>Oil filter on back of engine block
>Above CV axle
No thanks.

What's wrong with the FR-S?

nothing, they're fine cars. its just summer and the poorfag shitposter busriders are coming out of the woodwork and love to hate it

Everything, they're awful cars. It's just buyer's remorse fags coming out of the woodwork trying to justify their purchase

t. busrider

Makes more torque than an FRS

the 2nd gen TC looks terrible

I disagree.