Okay Veeky Forums, tomorrow I'm going to buy a 2002 Mustang GT with 112,000 miles on it for $1500

Okay Veeky Forums, tomorrow I'm going to buy a 2002 Mustang GT with 112,000 miles on it for $1500.

Any advice? Things I should look for, things I should know, easy power mods, etc.?

I've always wanted something with a v8, but I've only ever driven Hondas, so I don't know a whole lot about common issues with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1105-592hp-46l-2v-motor-for-2298/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Picture of the actual car. I'm really hoping the black shit on the hood is just vinyl. I guess it doesn't look that bad though.

Fuck.

Hood pins = fast

Hurry and buy that OP, before someone else sees how fast it is.

I'd be careful about that motor. The triton's tend to blow up at about 140kish miles. I drove my exes v6 with an automatic. I hated that car, couldn't fit in it and had a blind spot behind on the left side of me.

They don't have tritons. 4.6 mod motors.

Had a 2003 op. Decent car. Only problem I ever had was the clutch has an automatic adjuster and it's dildos.

for $1500? I'd drive the everloving fuck out of one again. It was nice. Handled alright, made good torque, put you in your seat pretty well for being pretty low hp.

Got good mpg too.

GT's from that generation until 2003 had a plastic manifold that would crack (the one on the right). Either look at '03's or '04's or make sure to replace it with one like the left.

The 4.6l V8 also has a reputation for seizing spark plugs.

swap a coyote, 4.6 a shit

hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1105-592hp-46l-2v-motor-for-2298/

> le "hot rod mag bolts a turbo to some engine so that means you should to"

pls CRXguy

pls
pls

plus at 500 horses at the wheels the rear end is going to explode, that of course if the clutch and trans hold up

>not bolting ebay turbos onto everything you own

I seriously do not own a non-turbo vehicle any more.

$1500? I bought a $1500 car and it was the biggest POS ever. It was a Miata though.
Check for oil leaks, and drive it around for a while make sure it doesn't overheat.

D16? What kind of go fast parts? Just stock d16 turbo?

How hard is it for a lad with minimal automotive knowledge to do? I'd like the think I'm mechanically inclined, but where can you find instructions?

He accidentally tried to start it with the key to his Explorer, and broke it off in the ignition, and it's been sitting for two months. Supposedly it runs fine. I'll be sure to check the shit out of everything, and see if I can jump the starter to make sure it cranks.

Since the door locks still work, and I don't live in Niggerville, my plan is just to hotwire the ignition, and drive it until I can buy a new lock cylinder.

Looks like it's already been replaced. Thanks for the advice though.

saving that money for a cobra dohc engine or a coyote still sounds like a better idea desu

>common problems with v8
its a v8
>things to look out for
the new honda you are purchasing instead of this shit bucket.

>Oh shit niggering at the ford 4.6
>Nopowerortorquebutprettybulletproof.webm

Should be able to extract the broken key. The original key should the work fine. If you can't extract it, a locksmith will make short work of it.

Ask if its the original manifold. They tend to get fucked up post 100,000

Oh and interior is shite and my starter kicked the shit at about 140,000

Starter is about a 30 minute job even for a noob. Seriously the 4.6 is one of the most reliable engines out. It also accepts boost with ease. Don't let V8 hating plebs discourage you from a cheap fun machine.

>easy power mods
>2v 4.6l

laughing_whores.jpg

Yea, its a shitstang

Mines the v8 gt 2001

That's kind of why i figured id buy it. Not to mention i can probably get back what im payjng for it, even if it's a heap of shit. I fucking hate the hood though.

Just take apart the ignition and remove the broken key you lazy bastard.

d16z6 swap from a civic si, motor is all stock except for ARP headstuds. T25 turbo running 18 pounds of boost from little babby turbo and injectors from an evo. Tuned with the factory ecu and the free version of crome.

Grand total spent on car, turbo bits and tuning: $1300.

just go do it. The information is available on the internet. Work until you're not sure what to do then go sit down and do homework. This stuff really isn't complicated once you understand the basics.

Yeah but coyota or cobra engine spensive. You can be boosted for like $1200 on one of these, and that's the high end of ebay/junkyard turbocharging.

Found a picture of muh old GT.