What happens when I replace the dashboard instruments panel?

What happens when I replace the dashboard instruments panel?
Will the mileage on the old one apply? How do I reset this?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.es/CARCHETĀ®-Bombilla-Blanco-Salpicadero-Coche/dp/B00KIBXPQC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51E9tBJMvRL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=Y10GN0QDMX9HQ9Y9Q8VF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Old one for comparison

Set it to something lower and drive to make up the difference :^)

Can you just turn it with your fingers?

>redline at 5500
Scrap it

It's a carburettor 1.4L from 1980s you asshole

Might be able to just pop the odometer out of the old one and swap it into the new one. That's what I did when I got a new gauge cluster for my car.

Oh, good idea, any tips on changing and fitting this?

Its probably simple. Just start taking your old one apart from the back and see how it works. Another easier option is to take just the speedo part of your old cluster and put it into the new one. For my 94 Civic it's just basic screws and stuff.

S C R A P I T

I'm really interested in all the temp gauges, since this car has a choke valve and all, it would make y life easier

Is it all one piece in the front? I'd just try to move odometer then. Should be a basic set of gears in the back. Probably a single unit you can take out and move to the new one.

I'm not sure on the specifics but I'll try and move the odometer.
What's the chance this will be plug and play? I'm worried my car won't have temp sensors or the twirling thing tachometers use

No idea if it'll work but it most likely will. My car came from the factory without a tach and a previous owner got a cluster with one.

If is like my car, the mechanism that controls the speedo needle and the odometer are one unit.

Thanks m8, I'll update with results

tfw your dx doesn't have a tach

f-fuck

i really want to find the optional dash clock too.

The clocks are pretty cheap actually and the plug for it is hiding behind that panel too. A tach cluster is a decent price.

Ummm gas needle is the only one that works, no speedometer, no tachometer, and the only temp that actually moves when I turn the contact is water temp

yeah because your old one doesnt match the new one retard

the odometer is digital so yes.

GG noob

I connected the thick wire that contains the spinning thing, so why wouldn't the speedometer and tach work? There's no other connector for the tachometer

That's what I'm trying, this isn't really my field

unhook the battery for a bit. might have to reset the ecu. should have unhooked it before you installed the new one tbqh

Oh, so the correct procedure is, unhook battery, extract, insert, rehook battery?

I'm thinking it's not the issue since its a really old car, but I'll try it out now.

Oh, nvm you put a different dash in.

The voltage signal for needles is different than LEDs.

And your car needs a new wire for tach output, either from the coil or too the ECU pin that outputs RPM.

That shit probably isn't going to work. Getting dashes to work in other cars is a pain in the ass. One of the biggest pains of engine swaps.

Possible obviously, but most likely will require wiring.

Did they tighten/attach easily? Did you have the spline/flat engaged in the gauge properly? Did you connect the speedo to the tach and visa versa

What does the procedure you mentioned apply to then?

This dash isn't even LED it's lightbulb, but I see where you're coming from, I was guessing it wouldn't be a real hassle because it's a Citroen BX GTI dash in a regular Citroen BX, and the connectors are identical, there's only one small connector close to there the temp gauges are that's 4 pins long that my car didn't have. all the rest are connected.

Actually yeah, once it was in place it felt quite snuf and propperly fitted, I also assume it's all the way insince it doesn't jiggle.

The speedo and the tach seem to come from the same readout since there's only one connector for this kind of wire on the dashboard, all the other connectors are digital and are already connected.

Also I want to replace all the stock light bulbs with LEDs, do these come in sizes? There's no marking on the light or the dash to indicate what size I need to be looking for

Currently found these that sorta look the same size and fitting amazon.es/CARCHETĀ®-Bombilla-Blanco-Salpicadero-Coche/dp/B00KIBXPQC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51E9tBJMvRL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=Y10GN0QDMX9HQ9Y9Q8VF

>The clocks are pretty cheap actually

tfw EF civic
they only have 92-95 clocks on ebay

It applies to anything. Should always disconnect the battery when you work with electrical stuff, or fuel stuff.

The 4 pin wire is most definitely tach for one pin. the other pins are the other 3 needle gauges.

You can wire this. The ECU's are the same. The ECU or wiring harness might even already have that wire and plug somewhere in your car.

Assuming this isn't already wired and just sitting somewhere in the car unplugged, all you need is 4 wires, the plug, and then to solder each wire to the correct corresponding output pin on the ECU

it sounds complicated but it isn't you should hit up a citroen forum for advice and a pin out diagram of that ecu model.

I'll remember that from now on.

I'm guessing these connectors are the culprit.
So maybe I could find the pinout for these and run it from the ECU?

Luckily electronics are my main. Will a chilliton manual cover this shit because a Haynes sure don't