I'm new to trading and just heard of Robinhood. I started trading earlier this week with about ~$1k

I'm new to trading and just heard of Robinhood. I started trading earlier this week with about ~$1k

Right now I'm down $10 but I'm looking to learn and improve my fundamental trading skills since I'm a pleb right now.

I haven't gone all out on APPL stock like a dipshit or anything like that, just been putting money on small things here and there.

I'm looking for any and all help I can get. I've been doing a lot of research already but figured I'd ask you guys.

>tldr; new to trading stocks with Robinhood, looking for tips/info/etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ARrNYyJEnFI
investopedia.com/ask/answers/03/102303.asp
investopedia.com/terms/c/currentprice.asp
investopedia.com/terms/b/bid-and-asked.asp
investopedia.com/articles/trading/121701.asp
investopedia.com/terms/a/ask.asp
investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/stoplossorderdetails.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ask_price
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bid_price
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bid–ask_spread
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_(exchange)
businessinsider.com/trading-app-robinhood-plans-european-expansion-with-london-office-2016-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just lurk the robinhood general like the rest of us, learn through experience

Robinhood sucks balls for trading.
Use it for long term investing, if anything.

Why does it suck balls? Aside from them discouraging day trading of course.

It doesn't.

What sucks balls is the app's information. Even though it's "real-time" it's not as accurate as software from brokers like td ameritrade or etrade.

So the main problem lies more in the use of the app as your soul source of information rather than using it as a tool to buy/sell.

but that's just my opinion

Can you think of a good reason no one in the trading business uses it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ARrNYyJEnFI

I can't seem to find anything like robin hood on the UK market. Is there nothing?

Any plans on an expansion here?

There are no similar apps in the UK, or afaik anywhere else in the world, and robinhood has no intention of expanding to the nation.

Also it will fuck you over with volatile stock i.e won't let you sell when you need to sell.

from what i understand, robinhood is US only.
is there any similar app for canadians? if not, what can i use to get into trading?

Robinhood sucks fr day trading heres why:

See stock is at $20.00
>sell this
Congrats! Youve just sold for $19.74!

That makes no sense. Are you using limit orders? Are you trading a stock with a big split on bid and ask?

Prices aren't real time.
Just averages.

Yeah he's a dummy using market sell

you're retarded

>retarded
Anyone attempting to use RH for trading is, that's for sure.

There is no such thing as one single price. Such a concept of what is the one price doesnt exist. Why? Because there are actually Two prices: one is called the bid and the other is called the ask or offer. What you see as the single number price is really the last print, which was the price at the bid or ask/offer during the latest transaction.
The market is a auction with buyers and sellers. The highest price the buyers are willing to pay is the bid and the lowest price the sellers are willing to accept is the ask/offer. That means if you want to sell immediately you have to accept the best price that the buyers are bidding, and if you wanted to buy immediately you'd have to pay the price that the price that the sellers are asking for or pay the price they are offering it for.

investopedia.com/ask/answers/03/102303.asp
investopedia.com/terms/c/currentprice.asp
investopedia.com/terms/b/bid-and-asked.asp
investopedia.com/articles/trading/121701.asp
investopedia.com/terms/a/ask.asp
investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/stoplossorderdetails.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ask_price
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bid_price
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bid–ask_spread
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_(exchange)

never purchase at market value - use limits.

Buy high leverage real estate ETFs and REITs.

Continue buying for eternity and you will be a rich man.

That isn't true.

businessinsider.com/trading-app-robinhood-plans-european-expansion-with-london-office-2016-1

Holy shit I have literally tried to change this shit multiple times in the general and nobody fucking follows the new pastebin or anything.

Wtf is wrong with the robinhood community?

They even have a Chinese app live but nobody cares.