Friendly reminder that you probably have the same power steering fluid and ATF in your car as when it rolled off the...

Friendly reminder that you probably have the same power steering fluid and ATF in your car as when it rolled off the factory floor 12 years ago.

Change it.

I own six vehicles and none of them have a drop of ATF.

>ATF
I drive manual faggot.
>power steering
Sealed electric assisted rack and pinion steering. Won't need changing for awhile

My car is 12 years old, but that's the only thing accurate about it. I personally changed the transmission fluid, and it has electronic power steering.

not me, i changed eveything when i got it. this why i know it was done by me

I'm
My car's a manual too. The transmission fluid my transmission called for was ATF.

> Power steering fluid
Maybe.
> ATF
Manual.
> 12 years ago
Coming up to 5 years old.

How weird, normally they take 75w90

GM's Getrag F23 is an oddball.

Most likely its mineral based oil in there and ya you still got to change it sealed or not. It becomes acidic over time and your seals go bye bye, making you buy a new unit when you can just change the fluid every 2 years instead

>power steering
Manual steering shitbox master race.
>ATF
Manual shitbox master race.

joke's on you, it's sixteen years old and is an exploder so they tranny was rebuilt at least one time i know of

unsure bout the power steering fluid though

>12 years ago
>implying I'm poor enough to buy a used car

Sure about that?

Lots of power steering systems use ATF.

*all hydraulic power steering systems

that nigga lyin'

>Implying you have any money left over after your 2017 shitbarge.

daily reminder that changing 12 year old transmission fluid will rustle your jimjams

>lots of power steering systems use ATF.
only seen bmw use atf in power steering

actually, the power steering fluid in my car is 20 years old by now :^)

Fords and suzukis use atf in their power steering.

Some Ford manual transmissions use atf.

>decide to change Trans fluid
>fluid is burnt black
>realize that if you change it you could just cause the transmission to start slipping since all those metal shavings hold the gears in place

they all use atf wtf are u smoking

Why?

Chrysler and Ford basically only use ATF fluids for their power steering.

faggot.

>Having a fucked transmission to begin with.

115,000 miles on a tranny notorious for problems and still have bright pink tranny fluid from the factory.

True, and usually an acceptable substitute even.

Mercedes will specify $40/L Pentosin CHF11S though.

>ATF

>implying my car has powersteering, has ever had atf in the old powersteering reservoir, or that it is 12 years old

24 year old shitbox master race

I used ATF last time I changed my power steering fluid, nov 2014. changed my Trans fluid and diff (75w90) last year December.

Even my parents vehicles have recent or recent-ish ATF and PSF.

Honda's known for using weird propriety power steering fluid. ATF works, I've seen it done but factory calls for something else.

A lot of European vehicles use that weird petsoin CHF-11S. I assume its ATF and snake oil mixed.

>Power steering

lol no

>ATF

lol no

>tfw you drive a car that hemorrhages power steering fluid, oil, window washer fluid and is a manual.
Jokes on you buddy there isn't a single drop of fluid anywhere in my car

Holy fuck this. Old 240 leaked:
>oil
>fuel
>power steering
>windshield washer
>brakes sometimes

Every commute was like one of those top gear specials

>they all use atf
Nope, some power steering systems can't handle the friction modifiers in atf.

>electric assisted power steering
>calling others faggots

>hose metal shavings hold the gears in place

>auto trans
>gears

Car is from 1998 i bought it last year has been serviced by subaru dealers its whole life i think im safe mate, since i bought it ive done all the servicing and everything is mint, except the body needs work.......alot of work

just did the atf and installed a neat little atf cooler aswell..., idk about the ps fluid, i have 3 bottles ready to swap it out, should be a super easy job gonna do it soon, kinda more concerned about my brake fluid car is at 115k

I know that guy's a fucking idiot, but there are gears in auto transmissions. And that shit about changing fluid making it slip is a retarded old wives tale.

>you will never manual swap your car

Cuck

Jokes on you OP. I dont have ATF or Steering Fluid! In fact-

v160 takes it too

Manuel transmission and the power steering hose is leaking at a connection.

Listen, I've got a list and power steering is literally last, atf can be 3rd or 4th

Joke's on you; both of those leak in my car so I have to top them off every couple months.

Someone respond to me

>implying my car has power steering
nice try faget

bullshit nigger, my truck leaks power steering fluid and i have to keep topping it off.

>buy shitbox, love shitbox, learn to drive and care for shitbox as I go
> 2 years later my shifters acting all funny when i try to shift into 4 from neutral, think its the synchros going bad
> reading up on manual transmissions hear that sometimes replacing the trans fluid can help with shifting, i'll just put this drain pan here and undo the funny looking bolt like the manual tells me to
> that fluid will start draining out any moment now.... any moment now
> oh.

On the plus side after 2 weeks of new honda manual transmission fluid shifting is smoother than its ever been. I still feel like a retard though, I change my oil every 5k miles but didnt even think about changing the mtf.

Was it sludge or empty?

bone dry.

not sure what happened since its holding the new fluid fine.

> Implying I don't have vintage factory installed fluids from the 70's.

It's not about the shavings or whatever. It's if you flush the transmission.

Implying I have power steering or an autocuckmission

240z. manual trans. manual steering

>just flushed the transmission 6 months ago
>power steering looked fine

I know that, but a filter change and fluid refill is nothing like a pressurized flush.

If the ATF hasn't been changed for 12 years, leave it be.

few new cars are still available with hydraulic steering

> Electric power steering.
> No ATF, gear oil changed when installed a LSD.

Thanks for your concerns anyway summerfriend, looking forward to your sophomore year?

Changing your ATF by draining your transmission pan and refilling a few times over the course of a month is fine, it's flushing the system and refilling that'll fuck the trans.