[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

A couple of-a sounds that I really like, are the sound of a switchblade and motorbike edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/
boards.Veeky Forums.org/o/thread/15188662/d-a-i-l-y-b-i-k-e-t-h-r-e-a-d-dbt#top

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhhlwcUTUqY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for motorcycles

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF LINK TO THE OLD THREAD IS THAT WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO. HOW DO YOU NIGGERS ALWAYS FUCK UP THE OP

First for being hated

Just changed my first gear shift lever today. I feel like a god dam god. Its easier like a fucking bitch

Was a nice day, and BAM! Silent Hill rolls in.

Might as well enjoy this random festival since threw local bike night got called off

anyone here has one of those rugged phones?
are they worth it?

What is the point of something like that. I know it'll be good for a zombie apocalypse. But try going through a Burger King drive thru on that bitch.

Yes I have a Nokia.

It was cheap and does everything I ask from a smartphone, it also survived a lot of falls and other abuse

They really bad, I had one and just bought a new one.

If I want a european bike what do I get?

>BMW S1000RR / S1000R
>Ducati 1199 or 899 Panigale
>KTM RC8 or superduke
>Triumph 675 or Speed Triple
>Aprilia RSV4
>Bimota DB9 or DB8

Aprilia

Bimota Tesi 3D if you have the money

If you're realy wealthy
>why not all
But if it's just one i'd pick Aprilia because i like the sound.

Also stumbled upon the Bimota DBx

>172kg dualsport
>100hp

I thought the dorsoduro was the strongest
>195kg
>91hp

What do you want?

anyone here tried a klx450? there's a cheap one for sale and it looks like it would make a good sumo.

tru
>hyosung
bmw or triumph

Hey guys, I got a gixxer 600 right now (pic related) and want to step up my widowmaker game. Thing is my insurance company is shitting on sports bikes. Whats the most terrifying bike I can get that's not a sportsbike?

user here who had no experience with any sort of motorcycle. I decided to drive a motorcycle and picked it up right away, everything was going great until I was going way too fast for a corner, hit the curb and went flying. Now I have a sprained wrist , luckily that is all that I have since I flew high and far with no gear (helmet, gloves, jacket) whatsoever. I should've listened to you guys and not hit the streets.

muh'prilia is top tier comfy, m8

upboated!

I want a european bike. I'm in for a supersport or a powerful naked.

So far
>3 Aprilia
>1 Bimota Tesi
>1 BMW
>1 Triumph
I think I'll book a testride for the RSV tomorrow.

TL1000S aka actual widowmaker

The new tuono 1100 is what you want.

>supersport
rsv
>powerful
try a tuono,
those things are mental

>V4
fucking sold, completly overlooked it.
Thanks, I'll book that instead of the RSV

all of them

bike wont start and jug look like this wat do

>starstruck

what in the fuck is 'jug'

w-w-what am i looking at?

i mean cylinder wall
piston head is at very bottom with ports just above

Shits fucked, you need a new cylinder.

>go to shop
>order rear wheel bearings
>order comes it in

>IT'S ONLY ONE FUCKING SET

why is it so fucking hard

>purchasing from jews

The RSV4 is actually the best compromise between the Panigale engine strong character and the easy handling of the Bmw S1000RR. it's a really really good bike, but care about the selling because Aprilia is not really loved anywhere, bikes tends to lost a lot of values over time, more than japanese or bmw bikes.

Ktm RC8 if you want to ride something with a complete different design, easy to handle, but it's kind of the last sportbike with no electronic on it.

Don't take triumph, unreliable and the daytona is really only meant to the track.

Bimota Db8 ? Do you really have 28-30k€ for an used one ? if you can buy one, you have to be passionnate about the brand and keep it forever, don't be afraid to pay a little more than usuals bikes for the maintenance and parts.

Bmw, they're good bike, for sure and easy to sell but imo, you see them too much now.

If you really are a passionnate guy about motorcycle :
1 Bimota
2 Panigale (1199)
3 Aprilia

If you only look for the best ratio of performance/design/cost :
RSV4

If you look only for the perf and sell the bike after a while : Bmw S1000RR

Good luck user

Anybody have experience with this tire? Reviews are great and it seems like a good deal.

i should've known when it was $13 BUT STILL

who orders half the wheel bearings ever?

i only buy kendas

2nd, Kenda has never let me down.

>shinko

anybody have actual thoughts on it instead of memes? On the buy page right now.

I had shinko 712 on my CX, they were alright but not very good grip in the wet. Great tread life tho senpai

people love sexy red bikes

She's fucked mate, either get it re plated or buy a new cylinder

Not a bad considering the weather scared all the fair weather riders off

>dual sport
>underslung exhaust

Yikes, bash plate needed.

also

>$20k shitbike

wut?

Happy to be off of this.

I plan to keep it until it breaks apart so I'm not worried about reselling or value loss.

>Do you really have 28-30k€
Let's say I have 30k available over the next 3 years. I'll pay a part upfront, finance a bit, pay off the rest in 3 years. If the money would be tight I'd go for a Jap since they offer excellent price/performance ratio.

I see Aprilia and the Panigale quite often and since you put Bimota at No. 1 I'll look further into that and try to get a testride. Would be cool to have something more "rare", never saw them IRL.

Also another bike that just came to my mind but isn't European
What about the Kawasaki H2? It would "only" be 25.000 brand new. But a supercharged bike would also be something "unique" and outside of conventions I never saw one.

that is one nice-ass photo.

i rode my last tire down too the cord :\

Cb750f 81. Custom exhaust making deep sound and popping out extra exhaust when idle? New to bikes

>popping out extra exhaust

Uhhhhhhh.. what? Your entire post confuses me.

>popping out extra exhaust
Your exhaust is pregnant? I told you to use condoms!

Does anybody else querly here? This came in the mail today by surprise

>H2
Quite mental. There was one at the tiny dealership in Alamogordo, NM of all places; I'd ogle the outrageous thing every time I went in there.

Also, blag tiem.
>be me
>be stupid
>take over one hour to install new spark plugs in V-Strom
>fight with radiator whole fucking time
>finally done
>button bike up
>forget to check skid plates bolts
Later, after visit to Ducutty dealer for Motul and to ogle Monster and Multistrada...
>in Indianola
>in slow poke traffic
>hear clangittyclingclang
>assume it's shitty Buick in front of me
>realize it's me
>pull into parking lot
>instant self-hate and rage
Rear bolts had backed out, allowing it to drag.
>affix with zip ties
>forget to check front bolts because maf as fuck
>cruising again
>clang bump
>at 65mph
I didn't die but said fuck it and the bastard can sit on the side of the road until the world fucking ends for all I care. At least the restaurant I'm at now is good.

>Ducati Monster
I would never own one but damn that's a sexy bike

How does that work?

Bike is sexy = buy bike.

Beginner rider here. Just filmed my second trip. Please tell me how to get better. I know my shifting sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=lhhlwcUTUqY

How to fart without having poo leak out? Does it help if I lay on my back and put my butt in the air and use gravity?

Ducati maintenance bruh.

>Alamonon here
I post and you appear! How are ya today m8?

Apparently the PO traded it in for an even bigger one. Nuts, eh?

terrible camera angle

i fall for this meme a lot

How long have you been riding for ?

Pretty good. Slept like shit last night and today's my last day off. Forgot to refrigerate my Nos so I'm caffeineless for awhile.

Rekt the 100 pretty good yesterday

is there a good camera that can switch between helmet and dash depending on what i'm riding?

woke up this morning
got myself a nos
got myself a nos

yeah was my first time trying it mounted like this

finished MSF on sunday, got the bike on Monday, started riding on Tuesday

What the unholy fuck is that exhaust.

>rekting
I'm sure you didn't hurt the thing, but what happened?

Nah they're shitcunts. Provoking people for views and generic supermoto/dirtbike music videos

>15k valve intervals

Isn't that a normal amount?

Came into a corner with the front brake applied, hit some gravel and went down. On pavement no less kek. I bent the bars a little but it's mostly fine. I rode it back afterward kek

Check ya mirrors more often, cover the front brake with two fingers, you can cover the clutch as well if you want. Also just try to make your shifts smoother, try to lump all the motions in as one instead of separating them.

lel Glad you're fine minus the little scrapes m8. Beats breaking a $60 turn signal and losing a SWMotech skid plate.

>turning
>front brake

how new are you?

time to go rideeeeeeeee

hes a straight up noobasaurus

your idle is quite high

Lapse in judgement. Came into the corner too fast and instead of just riding on and u-turning I decided to try and make the corner

Yeah it stings a little but could have been worse.

yeah its messed up atm, i cant run it without the choke at 25% or so otherwise it stalls. taking it to a shop tomorrow

>psa for the afternoon crowd
dont be like the 3 bikes behind me.

make sure you can see other peoples mirrors.
i cant leave bikes an escape route in an emergency if i dont even know theyre behind me

Good on you for actually using your mirrors. I swear most people don't even look at them.

>my face when my city has sunk sewer lids right the fuck in the left part of the lane where I need to ride

HUSKY STRONK

>using your mirrors
You are a minority

>looking out for other road users
Now you're just lying, nobody does that

Here they like to place them in corners and intersections, precisely where the bikes ride.

they do that here too, they stick them all over the lanes and like to do diagonal cuts for roadwork and patches with slick tar coats on top too.

nigga, i ride too and pride myself on being a good driver/rider.

mirrors are proximity sensors for people here, when they fold up, they might be too close to something.

V twin 90's suzuki. Yeah, I'm gonna have to be on the lookout for one of those. Also, I've overheard a local aprilia dealer complain how their bikes break a lot and parts are a bitch to find. Take that as you will, personally I'd still own one.

you dont have to fully depress the clutch when you shift. you dont even have to use it at all, but if you're going to, it doesnt have to be all the way pulled in. the reason your shifts are harsh is because you're using the clutch and not letting it out fast enough. you're getting back on the throttle before its out.

this will probably get a lot of hate, but i honestly believe it's better to start riding without using the clutch at all, or barely, except to start. lets you concentrate on other things.

doesn't that fuck up the transmission?

it's really just a tractor

Speaking of MV
My dumb ass let the battery go 100% bad over the winter. So I have a new cell on a trickle charger getting all primed up and ready to shock the starter right now. Should be ready to push out charge in about 3.5 hours.

It does if you do it wrong, which is why that sounds fucking retarded.

Bike drivelines are low inertia (maybe not a fucking Harley though) so they're relatively easy to shift without the clutch compared to street cars.

Under hard acceleration it'll shred your 2nd gear from all the torque, but other than that nothing will happen unless you're forcing it like a stupid meathead, in which case you'll probably bend your shifter forks and maybe score the cams a bit, which would make your tranny a lot more loose, and nobody likes to fuck with a loose tranny.

reverse blip throttle