Hey Veeky Forums. I'm thinking about buying a Miata again. I say again because I used to own an NA...

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm thinking about buying a Miata again. I say again because I used to own an NA. It gave me loads of trouble mechanically and I ended up scrapping it when the head warped and the clutch blew out.
This time around I'm planning on buying an NC or NB.
I guess my question is, why do I always hear people on Veeky Forums talk so much shit about NC Miatas? Is it because they're still too expensive for Veeky Forums to afford therefore makes Veeky Forums salty?
Are there any real reasons why the NC doesn't stack up well compared to NB or NA?
Enlighten me Veeky Forums.

>Is it because they're still too expensive for Veeky Forums to afford therefore makes Veeky Forums salty?
People say this constantly to defend their frivolous spending and general lack of car knowledge but it's almost never true.
>LMAO I JUST LEASED AN ENTRY LEVEL 3 SERIES U MAD POORFAGS XDD

Anyway the NC looks bloated as fuck and isn't really as engaging to drive as the NB. It's fine as a standalone sports car but for a Miata which is built around MUH FEELS it doesn't really cut it. I'll get crucified for this but the NB is also a lot better to drive than the NA.

Also for what it's worth the ND got it right and in general great to drive and well-built so it's not like sour grapes are really an influence here.

NC is great man, all miatas are. People just get mad that it's the heaviest miata and it has a lot of body roll stock. It's only like 2450 lbs. Makes 170 hp though

The aftermarket is good, there are lots of mods available, swaps as well. They look pretty good too imo.

NC is also probably the easiest miata to daily drive and probably the most comfortable.

Just get the removable hard top one (not the prht) and put some good coil overs on it. Suspension really wakes up these cars' handling.

I thought it ended years ago but it is actually pretty recent. I thought they were too old to take a loan out for but too expensive for cash. Not true, still not a fan of its looks.

>Scrapping it instead of parting it out or fixing it since parts are cheap
Get an NC cunt. At least when you let that run into the ground, nothing of value will be lost.

In California there's a retired car law that allows you to turn in an old car that won't pass smog and they pay you $1500, which is what I payed for it. I wasn't about to give it a new engine and clutch.

You guys are making it sound pretty good. I found some in my area that are around 10 years old with 60Kish miles for less than $10k.

I thought they stopped doing that like 5 years ago.

Nope they still do it.

I drove an NC the other day, and I own an NA. It feels like a real "car" instead of a tin can. Probably why people call them fat and overweight. Like the doors are thick and have lots of insulation and room for speakers and stuff. Oddly the trunk is smaller than my NA's and it has no spare tire.

But it still drove like a Miata. I'd be less inclined to track an NC but I'd rather have one on public roads.

Hmm thanks for the input.
I would definitely be tracking it, as well as driving it to work and around town sometimes. It wouldn't be a DD though.

Well there's nothing wrong with tracking an NC. But it's a lot more refined compared to the NA. Something that's a piece of sheetmetal with a bit of cardboard on the NA is a big plastic assembly with seals and doors and shit on the NC. NA feels like a riding mower compared to it.

nd rf

You can actually still order NC Miatas from the factory.

mazdaspeed nb. it's going to start appreciating in value.

Too rare, there aren't any near me.

The NC is a better car. The NA is a better Miata

/thread

The NC is more like a poor man's FD, especially with a hardtop.

I didnt know your jobs as hairdressers paid so well to afford a new car. Faggots.

>can't afford a NC
kekkles

I run a hair salon, m8, I make a shit ton of money since the only expenses are power and employees.

Between the money spent on clothes and jewelry yes it is rather amazing

I've owned 3 miatas in my life (6 mazdas total), and 2 of them were NC's.

They are fantastic cars with parts similarities with a lot of good cars:
>You can upgrade the brakes to a RX8 and still fit your stock 17x7 wheels (17lbs btw)
>Displacement upgrade by swapping your cylinder head onto a 2.5 block (those engines are cheap too)
>ridiculous amount of aftermarket (go to good-win-racing.com)
-It's actually a really comfortable ride and doesn't feel soft/worn out.
>you can pick either a 5-speed or 6-speed manual, or even a 6-speed "manumatic"
>For its size, 2,450lbs is really good.
>Modern styling

Seriously good cars. I'm thinking of buying a third once I get my promotion. You can find them for under $10k all day long.

>2016
>Not owning a chain of hair salons.
It's like you don't know where the money is these days. Faggot.

>not cutting your own hair