So Veeky Forums, Im 18 and Im financing my car for the first time

So Veeky Forums, Im 18 and Im financing my car for the first time.
Its a 2015 Hyundai Elantra with 46k on the engine. Its 12800 in total to pay off and my monthly payment is $220 for about 75 months.
I want to have really fucking good credit score when ive paid it off although, so how much more should i give on my payment?

>18
>financing

...has the dealership you are trying to buy this thing off of actually told you they could approve you for a loan....?

how about finance a car that isnt a complete pile of shit?

how much cash do you have for a down payment? how much do you make a month?

Im on the loan with my parents, but theyre leaving it up to me completely to pay it. And yes, it went through, first payment is this saturday.

Is it really that bad?

Well the car was originally 14xxx, but with a trade in and me putting down $2000, its about 128000 now. My monthly income for now is 1600 (shit tier), although i dont pay rent and much else. Im also saving up for trade school to get myself in a better situation.

did you buy it from Carmax?

Paying extra each month has no impact on your credit score. Credit score algorithms only care that you make each payment on time, and that you pay the loan off in full

Lol no im not autistic. I bought it from Van Chevorlet in Scottsdale. My folks said that theyre the best atound for me. As flr my payment, would it not affect anything other than i own it sooner if i pay more?

>So Veeky Forums, Im 18 and Im financing my car for the first time.
what the fuck?
why?

If you're going to finance something, make it worth it. A shitbox that was driven 20k miles for 2 years is not a good choice. What's your zip code? Do you know your credit score?

>As flr my payment, would it not affect anything other than i own it sooner if i pay more?

You'll pay back less in interest, and you own the car sooner.

YOU ALREADY BOUGHT IT? YOU FUCKING RETARD.

You're supposed to ask for advice BEFORE you make a shitty decision, NOT AFTER.

>1 yr old
>driven over 45k miles
>surely a good purchase

its possibly the most boring car on the market. it'll get from A to B and thats about it

>ugly as shit
>hyundai trash
>already has 45k after only a year
>18 and financing it
why the fuck did you do this? its your first car, just get something for 3-5 thousand
great job wasting your money op

>hyundai

You could have bought three corollas for that price and had the same gutless shitbox experience with half the mechanical problems

Not to mention some dignity intact too.

Why would you do this
You could have gotten a good shitbox for 4X less than that. Why would you finance a used 2015 Hyundai shitbox as your first car. What could you POSSIBLY be thinking?!

>18
>financing
>Hyundai

>So Veeky Forums, Im 18 and Im financing my car for the first time.
>picture of a hyundai
gotta remember this for future bait threads

>Lol no im not autistic. I bought it from Van Chevorlet in Scottsdale.
>buying a korean car at a american dealership.
you fucked up twice you nigger

>car was 14,000 put 2k down and traded in a car
>car is now sold at 12,800$
that doesnt make sense at all

>Hyundai

Jesus christ, I can't even imagine paying a single dollardoo toward that Korean piece of crap much less finance it for 75 months.

>Piece of shit for 75 months
Man, I don't know how some people do it

sales tax.

Make double payments if you can op. Also check with your lender first. Some of them get upset if you pay off early and have some kind of early payoff fee.

The sooner it's paid for the less you paid for it.

The shitty part is regardless of OP's finance model, the car value will continue to plummet like a rock unlike a respectable Japanese econobox and OP will almost always be underwater.

>18
>financing a shitbox
>financing a used shitbox
>financing a used hyundai shitbox
>financing a used hyundai shitbox with 46k on the engine in just a year
>financing a used hyundai shitbox with 46k on the engine in just a year for 75 MONTHS

Quick look on craigslist has them at about 10k
Good god OP what were you thinking

>18yo
>2015 Hyundai Elantra

Do you suffer from erectile dysfunctions?

>the car value will continue to plummet
This happened the moment the original owner drove it out of the dealership.

What we have here is your typical retarded kid who wants a near 'new' car no matter the cost. The fact that he settled on a Hyundai, at 18K no less, rubber stamps that retardation.

>I guarantee that's what the guy thought when he approved the loan

not 18K, 12.8K. Still a shamefuru dispray.

Jesus, OP. What did you do?
>HYUNDAI
>1 year old
>45k Miles
>$13,000
>75 MONTHS
HAVE YOU GONE MAD, MAN?
Your car has half of what my dad's Tacoma has and it's 10 YEARS OLD. Jesus, and you got a Hyundai, no less. Have you no dignity either? Why didn't you just get an Altima or something? Jesus, man. At least you'd still have your pride
>I'm not autistic
Oh man

You did it for your wife's son, didn't you?

>18 yo finances korean shitbox for 75 MONTHS
Are you sure this isnt a LPG post?

>Live next Van Chevrolet, still wouldn't buy a vehicle there much less a used Hyundai with 46k on the odo in less than 24 months.

You literally have brain problems, OP. I hope your Hyundai scorches in the 118 heat wave this weekend

If you are serious, OP, this was a mistake. Not a terrible mistake (the car will last for a long time), but a mistake nonetheless.

The car is at most 2 years old, which means that it was driven 23,000 miles per year, or about 60 miles every day.

However, it could be as new as being a 1 year old car, which means 46,000 miles in one year. That's a lot of miles.

>with 46k on the engine
On just the engine? I sure hope you meant the whole car.

>75 months
>6 years 3 months
>$12,800
>18 years old
>Income is $1,600/month

You can afford it, and it will do the job. But you could have bought an equally reliable and more fun Honda Civic for $5,000. That's not impossible to save up for considering you don't pay rent, and you wouldn't have to pay interest. Cheaper insurance and registration as well.

OP, it at least has a Manuel inside, right?

you dun goofed OP, you could have done way better for less money, and you're just going to crash it besides.

220*75 months is 16.5k for a used Hyundai.

New ones go for less than that or about the same.

You dun goofed OP