If you could drive in third person like in a video game, would you?

If you could drive in third person like in a video game, would you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIRUavithF8
youtube.com/watch?v=liDSuDyCm74
youtube.com/watch?v=cj2UQC5qoYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jesus no

who drives drives in third person

youtube.com/watch?v=nIRUavithF8

No. I'd gladly use a hood cam though

Man, that takes me back. When RT was still good and Geoff's wife was still hot.

/Thread

shut the fuck up

good for drifts to have an outside perspective
but for grip driving id take a front bumper cam
really got to know what the road is doing

> front bumper cam synced with active suspension. Responds to road irregularities exactly as they happen

better not let Mercedes hear about this

Did they already do that or something? I feel like I can't trust active suspension yet. You can't just stiffen the dampeners when you go over bumps can you? The ones that respond to g force seem dangerous

>he doesn't use cockpit view

it exist youtube.com/watch?v=liDSuDyCm74

When did it all go so wrong?

cockpit view is pretty shit in video games to be honest. Unless you have a triple screen set up your FoV is gonna be completely wrong.

hell yes.
sic parking skills and easier to drive like crazy because you can see more.

They realized "Fuck man, we're getting old, getting bored of this shit, but the money keeps flowing in. Lets get some young assholes to do it for us and go get drunk."

I like this person mode because it lets you see your peripheral vision area but I'd like it if you could lock it to the car instead of the direction you're traveling

I love cockpit cam. It's the camera I use the most in games if they support it.

I think it is pretty good in Midnight Club LA. The chase cam feels weird to play in comparison.

Drivelub's cockpit cam looks really good, but the input lag and jumpy controls make the cars feel awful to drive. I really want to like it, but I think it was ruined by 30fps. I hope it runs at 60fps on the updated PS4.

Midnight Club LA has a "static" third person camera option. It locks the camera to the car, but it makes the gameplay feel really stiff. It gives me the sensation that the car is sitting still and the rest of the world is moving backwards.

not many have it good if at all
its good in nfs2 and pgr3

If only for contents of this thread:

Which is how real driving feels

What do you mean, IF.

yeah but you get that shitty tunnel vision syndrome

have you ever actually driven or even been in a car yourself?

you must have some inner ears problem

... what?

No but I'd use VR or whatever for that hood only or front of car view

Every time I try to use cockpit view in Gran Turismo I feel like they took the normal open first person view and just blocked 90% of my screen off with the dash.

People that know that First Person has shitty FOV and camera responsiveness, even for a game.

This

but worse perception of what the car is doing.

You are the cars live gyro all that feeling is lost on external cam.

Good parking il give you that, but who the fuck choses a view for parking reasons...

That septum piercing is terrible

replace your rear antenna with selfie stick
5% OF PROFITS GOES TO ME

VR headsets makes first person driving superior

10/10 WAT Racing does it again

youtube.com/watch?v=cj2UQC5qoYM
>Skip to 2:42
wew lad, I would try it. I think I'd prefer it to be a dynamic third person camera, however - having the ability to rotate around the car like say in Forza/Gran Turismo.

I don't even drive in third person in video games, why would IRL?

No.
The only way I'd actually make use of it is for maneuvering in tight spaces.

Could be. never had any problems in gta 4 tho. and could be solved by sitting inside the car with vr headset on.

Well driving in San Andreas isn't that pleasant in first person

For parking and shit yeah, for sure.
Otherwise, no, can't feel what the car is doing.

Can't feel what the car is doing in a video game anyway unless you have some really a massive hydraulic simulator.

But he couldn't rotate the camera and to take a turn better in GTA and stuff you rotate the camera

imagine the rails needed to do that around the truck. I'd pay to see them revisit this.

>Used to read RT's comic back in the day.
Holy shit, Griffon does not look that far off from her comic self.

Also
>Monty
Right in the feels.

Amazing.

Holy shit. I fucking cropped that pic from a CEC commercial well over a year ago, posted it, then saved it again to make it look like it was a thing.

Now other people are posting it.
Wish I was on my desktop so I could post the original.

you can with vr and camera on a stick.

I actually wish I could drive in the middle of the hood

The only reason that even existed was because cockpit view wasn't graphically viable.

Aside from situational stuff like parking or maneuvering in tight spots, I don't see much use for an outside perspective while driving.

Only if I got to do drive-bys as well.