Hi /auto/ I want to get more into cars, can you guys recommend any good series, documentaries or races to watch?

Hi /auto/ I want to get more into cars, can you guys recommend any good series, documentaries or races to watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TtR5OOHZSp4
vaughnlive.tv/streetracing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

le mans, hot version, rallies, initial D, various youtube channels

Initial D

That's a great start, thank you.

I also realized I called you /auto/ and not Veeky Forums

First 3 fast and furious movies.

Documentaries to watch:

>Too Fast To Race
A documentary about Group B rally from 1981 until it was banned by the FIA in 1986

>Still Too Fast To Race
a continuation of above, but focusing on different cars.

>Who Killed The Electric Car?
covers California's ZEV mandate of 1990 that forced automakers to make electric cars for public consumption, and the conspiracy to have the mandate repealed and the cars destroyed. (pic related)

>Revenge Of The Electric Car
a sequel to above, released 6 years later. Shows the degree of excitement around electric cars, Tesla's rise to fame and the development of both Nissan's LEAF and Chevy's Volt.

>Black Air: The Buick Grand National Documentary
tells the story of one of the fastest accelerating cars of the 1980's. Capable of blowing the doors off Ferrari's and described by the press as "an axe-weilding barbarian laying waste to everything in its path". And it was a Buick.

cheers

That's sound man, thanks

Who Killed The Electric Car won a bunch of awards and was said to have been as influential on society as Citizen Kane was. It's all true as well. The car they focus the most on was the GM EV1 (pic related), an all electric 2 seat FWD sports car with slick styling, but there were others affected like the Honda EV+. Ford Think EV, Ford Ranger EV, Chevrolet S10 EV, Nissan Almera EV, Toyota Rav4 EV and others. Chrysler had an electric minivan, but I forget what everyone else did.

With the first Fast and Furious movie, there are things to know for reality's sake:
1: You don't want to double-clutch while racing. It slows you down. Double clutching is only required if you have an unsynchronized manual transmission.
2: "Danger to Manifold" will not translate to flying floorboards.
3: if your car tops out at 140 MPH, adding nitrous will not increase the top speed. Increasing the top speed involved changing the gear ratios in the transmission
4: IRL, a Honda Civic, even lowered, is not low enough to drive underneath a semi truck's trailer

I'm sure other anons can chip in with the first movie's inconsistencies. The second movie was more realistic but still had things that only exist in movies. The third movie, Tokyo Drift, actually doesn't have much wrong with it and is the most realistic FnF movie to date.

cool, I've seen the first one alright. I'll watch the rest and keep all that advice in mind if I ever find myself in that situation user haha.

My favorite movie car is pic related, what is this boards opinion?

>GM creates the best car ever made
>"lets crush them shall we"

> Tokyo Drift, actually doesn't have much wrong with it

wow what magical fairy land do you live in

wait you sure that a civic cant fit under a semi, the cars in that movie werent even that low

Smokey and the Bandit was a fantastic movie. The sequels not so much.
Also check out
>The Cannonball Run (1981)
>Christine (1983)
>Maximum Overdrive (1986)
>All the Herbie the Love Bug movies (The Love Bug (1969), Herbie Rides Again (1974), Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo (1977), Herbie Goes Bananas (1980), Herbie Fully Loaded (2005))
>The Car (1977)

I never said there weren't things wrong. Just that there wasn't a lot wrong, by comparison, with the other movies.

>3: if your car tops out at 140 MPH, adding nitrous will not increase the top speed. Increasing the top speed involved changing the gear ratios in the transmission
well...............that isn't true in every case.

slammed miatas cant even do that. maybe a caterham 7 with no roll cage could.

>Tokyo Drift, actually doesn't have much wrong with it
Change spark plugs, improve handling
That half gook aussie chick is the best looking bitch in the whole series tho.

my 2 cents, i'd add Bullitt to that list. yes it's not really about cars in the strictest sense, but the chase is one of the all time classic screen chases

the chase was cool, but the rest of the movie was actually pretty weak.

>Look through thread
>The Wrath not mentioned
That movie was glorious.

Bullitt was a shit movie. The plot was shit and only existed as an excuse for the one car chase scene which is the most unrealistic car chase ever.

yeah it's pretty much remembered for that one sequence alone

and steve mcqueen's cool tweed jacket

LeMans.

you need to watch this and if you dont like it you need to leave right now

youtube.com/watch?v=TtR5OOHZSp4

le mans was much better, because the whole movie was a chase sequence

>be a wee lad who only plays street fighter for the bonus levels
>20 years later own the car I was beating up as a baby

Really cool!

Lemans. Chevy's loss this year is going to be hilarious.

I have to say it before some faggot suggests it.

Two Lane Black Top was a shit movie conceived while on acid.

So was Vanishing Point, but the end result was much much better.

The Black Air documentary is a great study on the boomer mentality. Just the scene alone of the guy storing his car in a plastic bubble makes it wirth watching.

love it

le mans it is then

>le mans it is then
He means the actual race this year, not the movie. Chevrolet has won their class repeatedly for years now

ah yeah, I'll watch it, I can't watch it live unfortunately because I'm away working that weekend but how does one go about watching a 24 hour race anyway?

>muh class "win"
overall win>class win

We all know Ford will win Lemans. You fags can just give up now.

>gm hasn't won one race in 2016 with the C7 since ford fixed their electrical problems
>ferrari and ford have been the only ones winning as of late
Enjoy getting BTFO in a couple of days.

The original gone in 60 secs not the one with Nicolas Cage.
Vanishing point the first one from the 70s not there remake.

>Black Air: The Buick Grand National Documentary

this is about the most self-masturbatory thing I have ever watched.

the only thing that can be annoying is that during later stages races go on forever, one episode of actual racing, one episode of bullshit talking about techniques, drama, building shitty suspense
besides of that I call your picrel bullshit

the only thing that can be annoying is that during later stages races go on forever, one episode of actual racing, one episode of bullshit talking about techniques, drama, building shitty suspense
apart from that I call your picrel bullshit

Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman was pretty neat. Pacing was off in some places, but it's a solid documentary that anybody should be able to enjoy.

BBC's The Racing Collection is a good glimpse into how shit safety in Grand Prix and Group B rally was, as well as the Dakar rally and the Isle of Man TT. In fact, go watch some slo-mo TT videos on youtube too, it's absolutely insane.

that guy is almost certainly on the autism spectrum

vaughnlive.tv/streetracing

stream that has all different racing shows. japanese ones like hot version/video option, american ones which i don't know name of (mostly cannonball runs or highway pulls), WRC and older rallys

What was that one foreign movie?
About a guy and his daughter or something, it was posted in a thread a while back

>>Too Fast To Race
>>Still Too Fast To Race

>be swindling kike auto industry
>own swingling kike auto race associations or have members of kike associations being payed by auto kikes
>develop kike-wankel rotary meme engine
>want to conduct social kike experiment and see how many idiots buy into the rotary jew
>control who wins these totally legitimate races
>the new super amazing futurstic amazing rotary engine wins!!! XDDD

its funny how weebs everywhere still believe in the rotary myth.
they cannot possibly admit to the fact they are wrong and have been rused by memes

>the new super amazing futurstic amazing rotary engine wins!!! XDDD

of course, they only win very few races and are "banned" before anyone can know why