Would you tip a delivery driver Veeky Forums if they are already charging a delivery fee?

Would you tip a delivery driver Veeky Forums if they are already charging a delivery fee?

i would offer him a fat dab

Yea. Delivery fee is only like $1 and it's to cover the 50 cents per order they have to give the driver or w/e.

It's fucking bullshit though, I wouldn't drive for a company that charged a delivery fee.

here in Canada delivery fees are around $4-6 for even chain restaurants.

So no I dont tip them, I dont tip the postman why would i tip them

Delivery's like $20+ here in Australia. So no

I tip the driver unless he takes a long fucking time. But I also don't get delivery because I like driving and saves me like 5-10 over all.

DRIVERS DON'T GET THE DELIVERY FEE

I wouldn't tip either if there was a $4 delivery fee.

postman is using a government vehicle, not his own. dumb argument.

I just tipped my pizza guy $2. Don't be a dick.

I generally start out with 15% of the total order, and then take away a dollar every 10 minutes after 20 minutes of placing the order.

They do by proxy through the business paying them a certain amount per delivery. every place is different.

Then why charge a delivery fee to begin with? When I buy something online I pay for postage which is the cost to get it to me

If the delivery fee doesnt cover what it costs to bring me my food and its just a cash grab then sorry bud work it out with your employmer

sounds autistic but it works for me. after a year or so of ordering pizza semi regularly the drivers know they'll get phat stacks if they get to my place first. $6 tip for a $12 order? Fuck the other customers. They'll be getting a 50% tip.

You also pay taxes which pays for the government trucks to haul the mail.

>If the delivery fee doesnt cover what it costs to bring me my food and its just a cash grab then sorry bud work it out with your employmer
Yeah that's literally what I just said..

Tips are fucking retarted. It's their JOB to deliver. They get paid for it. You are literally a cuck if you tip.

Not every mail service is run by the government. If for whatever reason i decide to go to UPS or FedEX they don't ontop of the parcel delivery fee ask for a fee to maintain their vehicles.

yes government subsidy plays into it but what I am saying is you dont tip them why would you tip the pizza boy for doing his job? Because I feel bad he makes less money than I do and drives a stanced honda?

epic

People try to tip me all the time when I do food orders. I'm a courier so it's different, tip policy is dont ask dont tell but if they try to do it via card I'll make it sound like it wont go to me and if its cash I'll try to tell them that they've already paid me the exact necessary amount for the service. Some people won't let up but most will

you pay more for shipping with fedex and ups.
the price of shipping pays for their cars, obviously.
what is the point of this retarded argument?

I already said if they delivery fee is $4 you shouldn't tip.

Damn, I wish I was doing deliveries to your door

No because tips deduct pay.

Yes, because most drivers don't get the delivery fee, and can be paid 2.13/hr because of the expectation that they receive tips.

Sounds like you should work at a better business.

Tipping is American and I'm American so that doesn't leave me very many options. Fuck even if Saddam Hussein was delivering my Brooklyn style cheese crust might meaty I would still tip him.

Delivery fees don't go to the driver.

Lets not forget that if tips dont make up for at least minimum wage the employer is required to cover the balance.

>defending companies who rely on you to subsidize their worker's pay instead of actually paying them

Not true if it is a delivery service.
Just tip your drivers or don't order delivery.
There I said it; as a former delivery driver,

IF YOU DON'T TIP YOUR DRIVER DON'T ORDER DELIVERY!!!!

You see it is this simple Veeky Forums so listen the fuck UP!

>MINIMUM TIP - $2
anything less; DON'T ORDER DELIVERY

Not Auto, fuck off.

in my country the postal service is cash positive, it generates money for the government and is still cheaper than the private deliver firms

going further back in the reply chain, I don't see the point of tipping drivers unless something special happens. if they're not making enough money on a trip to make money, it's a bad job and they're stupid to be doing it.

if someone gives you something, it's because they want you to have it. take tips if given, but don't feel entitled to one

>Pay for food online
>Delivery arrives
>Take food
>Slam front door closed

Don't know why the delivery driver was still standing there after he handed my food over.

Would you do the same if it was Chris chan? Those are the kind of unstable individuals who deliver pizza. I wouldn't pay them a cent, all they are going to spend it on as drugs.

>postman uses a government vehicle
Not around here. They use their own personal vehicle.

I'm british, so no. The whole thing is handled online through my debit card, so they don't need to be tipped. They're paid a decent minimum wage, so I don't need to dirty my hands with cash.

>a decent minimum wage
hahahaha

Its decent if you live anywhere outside of London.
If you live in Crewe you can have a very comfortable life on the minimum wage.

you are delusional

>Tipping

I never tip anyone because i'm not American

You're a shitstain londoner, though. Nobody listens to your opinions except Nigel Faraaage.

I worked at a place that expected you to use your tip money as gas money for the deliveries

I do not work there anymore because the boss is a (metaphorical) jew

Gross

literally bro tier

>Would you tip a delivery driver Veeky Forums if they are already charging a delivery fee?

If you never tip, you can expect bad things to happen with future food orders. That is how america works.

The delivery fee is kept by the restaurant owner. It covers the preparation and food containers. It also goes to cover the tiny wage the owner gives to drivers as a result of laws, but it is well beneath minimum wage because the service delivery laws assume the driver makes most of the income from tips. Thus the restaurant owner is allowed to reduce the wages paid to the driver by a portion of the estimated average tips (my area).

Before you say I am talking fakery, our area recently had a lot of debates about fair wages and that $15 per hour living wage issue going thru various states as a result of Seattle showing it works and businesses continue to prosper as long as there is a phase-in period.

>>Pay for food online
>>Delivery arrives
>>Take food
>>Slam front door closed

Time to spit in the food. Smeared around you never notice.

Go fuck yourself cunt

>$20+
Because they have to fight off alligators and rogue koalas and shit?

delivery fee at papa johns is to cover for the insurance in case a driver accidentally kills/dies. the driver gets none of the delivery fee.

Is working a delivery job worth it? I'm tired of working at a gas station

A lot of people do. There are a few that don't but they're the minority. Most non tippers are black girls from my personal experience.

I think delivery fees are pure bullshit to convince people to order carryout instead.

I quit working at a gas station to deliver pizza. Was tired of my greedy bosses and didn't want a gun pointed at me again. Well worth it. Just make sure you have a car that is cheap to maintain and has good city MPG.

I glad to say I've yet to be held up. I've got a Saturn Ion, I've been averaging around 30mpg mixed driving

Should be good. I make way more than I ever did at my gas station and it's more fun.

Though it's raining super bad right now and I'm about to clock in. Fuck.

EF civic bro here again. I also deliver pizzas

>most non tippers are black girls

most non tippers are black*
>captcha seriously just had a picture of chicken and waffles