/vn/ - Subahibi sucks, read Fate/stay night instead Edition

Visual Novel General #1169

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

ask.fm/moogy0/answers/138081115604
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Remember poii

> Tfw you've been with your waifu for almost a decade.
> Tfw she's been the only waifu you've ever had.

I-it's been that long...

I need to sit down.

ask.fm/moogy0/answers/138081115604

Post YFW you realize that Ti9 stopped posting only because he started learning Japanese and now all his screenshots are untranslated VNs which he's either too embarrassed to post or he posts fully anonymously

nani?

Who are you talking about?

Ti9 died in a car accident dude.

Nevermind, wrong thread

So is it always you with the H3H3H3 file names?

You're not even the real Ti9. Go away imposter.

You can't just leave us hanging now user.

Probably, unless someone started doing it while I was gone or something. But nobody ever really did while I actually used to post here every day so I doubt it sort of.
But what if the real Ti9 was impersonating his/her imposter all along?

absolutely Cuuute! shame it'll never get translated.

>Otherwise I consider translations to be the objectively superior way to enjoy eroge.
Even as bait this is just stupid. Really, I feel nauseated

He mad.

this image is illegal. the real Ti9 would never post illegal content on a christain board like this

TitS SC only goes downhill from this scene on.

Does Roka show up in another Eushully game? Her scene with the new armor makes it seem like she's a recurring character and just a cameo in Kamidori.

Try looking up the character on vndb?

How do EOPs say fate is better than subahibi without ever reading subahibi?

oh yeah all eops are retards!!!!!!

When does Umineko get good? I read EP1 and haven been reading Ep2 for hours and it drags on and on

Yea she's a heroine in an earlier game. That's why you can't fuck her.

70%~ partial patch
1 is mostly setup but is still atmospheric. 2 is where I thought it started getting good and 3 was the peak of the series for me.

Were you trying to sound juvenile?

Huh, I'm rather surprised. VNDB is rather unreliable when it comes to non-"/v###" pages. Shame none of the Ikusa Megami games will ever be translated.

> 3.
> Not 5.

Erika fag detected

>barely any hype for flowers

The answer arcs just weren't interesting enough, and I will openly admit that my own lack of insight in the story made 6 pretty intolerable because I didn't know Battler was playing Erika like a damn fiddle, I thought he was just being incompetent

I'm hyped for it, I just don't spam the thread.

It may be counter-intuitive, but it is backed up by scientific fact. Translations provide a convenient layer of abstraction between the reader and the original text, allowing them to easily assume that any flaws they see were the translator's fault rather than the original author's. This allows them to happily keep going under the impression that they are in fact reading something of quality.

By contrast, a reader who is forced to expose themselves directly to the raw text is fully exposed to all of its flaws without any convenient outlet. It's like the difference between eating a raw slab of beef or a well seasoned hamburger. Maybe the hamburger doesn't resemble the original anymore, and maybe it wasn't even cooked particularly well, but at least you can eat it with a smile on your face and your dreams intact. It's all fine and good to say that the raw beef may have been better than the burger in your hands, but faced with the real thing you're just as liable to wind up with a bad case of tapeworm.
I suppose I can tentatively agree with this. Kind of like your moege where you spend 80% of the game looking forward to seeing the girl's titties and blowing your load all over her warm pussy and then when you've actually gone and done it you kind of don't feel much motivation to see the rest anymore.

You'd have to be insane to be hyped for it after that shitshot of a demo.

Hard to get hype when experts such as moogy-dono have not yet confirmed if the game is shit or kusoge.

> Being hyped for a VN where almost all the yuri waifu pairs are murdered.

Fucking Innocent Grey.

I fucking love the artstyle but I hate it's all ages. Hope the story is good at least.

Stop posting worst yuri.

>killing faggots

Am I supposed to care?

It's IG so it's probably shit

I bet you like the girl that doesn't even exist.

I don't like anyone. I've literally never liked anyone more than friends.

It's why I play moege occasionally, to see what love looks/feels like.

> Tfw my only lifetime experience in love is when my classmate at my old all-boys highschool confessed to me.

I really didn't know how to react, but... oh, I don't know how to express the feeling. Kind of like butterflies in your stomach, a pleasant anxiety I guess that combines with chronic worrying?

It was a short love, if that really was love. No seriously, it lasted like, a week, before I called it off because neither of us wanted to be the dominant partner.

Whenever I get close to people and start to have a good thing going I suddenly feel alienated and outcast and then it occurs to me that neither of us would care if the other died, we were really just strangers all along.

I just feel empty and numb, never happy nor sad, just in a state of painful equilibrium. No reason to live, nor a reason to die.

Sometimes I break out of the cycle when something extraordinary happens but then, it all resets, and I end up alone again.

It must have been nice to have a mutual connection between the both of you something to rally yourself with whenever the loneliness hits. No matter how short it was in the end you achieved a happiness of sorts that seems to be unreachable to me.

>neither of us wanted to be the dominant partner

That's kinda funny, I could never see myself as submissive.

Will they ship the wallscrolls for Rance?

Sheila obviously makes no sense

All I want is the goddamn Tulip mug.

Sad for you because there won't be Maria merchandise ever again anyway

>Malicesoft made the one levelheaded intellectual not a fated girl but did make some random ass guard bimbo one
Their taste is so shit.

Why would want merchandise of that fat pig anyways?

I like lolis.

rude
delet this

nobody. They produce merchandise which will sell. Hence why half of it is Shizuka

Why is age the best vn company?

> then it occurs to me that neither of us would care if the other died

You're just making a grand, unreasonable and unfounded assumption, and marketing it as truth and rationale to distance yourself from your own friendships. If anything, you're afraid of being too close to people, and so you push them away when they get close enough, ostensibly fearing judgement.

The biggest problem I see, is that if you don't experience emotion, or rather, you've made it so that you don't to prevent you from crying 24/7. I'm sure you have an inkling of it, but that state is precisely the same as being dead. If you can't feel anything - if you can't feel the euphoria of triumph or the despair of defeat, then what's the point of existing? Lacking emotion is lacking life.

In other words, for your first step - try to cry. At least then you have proof that you're alive, and you can take the next step.

> That's kinda funny, I could never see myself as submissive.

Generally speaking, I've always had the most effeminate personality of anyone I know. It was kind of weird, being the only 'girl' in an all-boys school, complete with thriving off of gossip and drama and generally being a manipulative bitch until I entered high-school. I'm also a therapist for basically everyone I know, for some reason.

I feel emotions extremely deeply, and so I'm easily read, anyone and everyone knows pretty much exactly what I'm feeling at any moment, not that that really matters when the average EQ at an all-boys school is probably around 50. I literally have the IRL personality of your average moege heroine, except, well, I'm a guy.

What do we think about Root Double? Pacing issues aside I enjoyed it.

Because they produce well-written and thought-provoking --
Nah, just kidding. age sucks. Best developer is Orcsoft Team Goblin.

Gee Taiwan, why does Valve let your game have naked children on Steam?

We think it was really cruel of them to hire an eromanga artist and have half the promotional material be ecchi, but then have the vn be all ages.

It was ok but it's hard for me to just put aside the pacing issues because that is by far the biggest thing wrong with it.

I tried reading this but the English was unbearable bad. I hear it gets pretty edgy later on.

It was really fucking good but B could've been handled better and the flashbacks in D got kind of out of hand even though I liked their contents

It also would have benefited from being cuhrazier, as in having Nagisa not actually die and you save her

>Ichiban no Takaramono starts playing on r/a/dio
>remember the Angel Beats game
>remember I'm too stupid and lazy to learn Japanese
>remember that I wish I was never born

I found it pretty unbelievable that Kazami just forgave Watase and ended up together with him when he was in part responsible for Nagisa's death, even if she was already mindbroken. I would've liked to see her saved too.

Moefags, how do you go to bed? What do you think about to fall asleep?

I requested that song. I finished Angel Beats vn today. It was alright.

They haven't produced a single new IP since 2003.

>making a new IP when you already have the perfect one

>neither of us would care if the other died
>emo teen logic
Anyone who cares about you even a little bit will be fucking upset if you die retard, even people who didn't know you that well could be permanently affected by that shit depending on the circumstances. If you mean you want them to only think about you and how upset they are that you died for the rest of their life then of course not that's retarded. If you actually want your loved ones to feel nothing but grief and pain forever after you die you're selfish and a terrible person.

>fixing what aint broke

If you start learning Japanese now, by the time you'll be able to read the VN, 2nd beat still won't be released and Maeda Jun will be dead.

1st beat is getting an official tl. lucky you.

Then you should learn Chinese!

Not really, especially not for stupid text games. As much as I like to harp on mainland Chinese VNs for being cheap knockoffs, the ones from Taiwan that I spam aren't any more original. At best, the majority of them are Katawa Shoujo in quality.

My dreams are bizarre. I have no fucking idea.

One day I'm dreaming about being a highschooler, but genderbent for some reason and enjoying it to the fullest extent, then the next day, I'm dreaming about some sort of forbidden romance between two kingdoms.

I really really love to sleep. My dreams are always vivid, interesting, and varied, and when I wake up, I'm always amazed at how little time has passed. Like, I'll feel like I've been dreaming for half a day, and I'll wake up after six hours.

Maybe my imagination is just that much better than reality.

>If you start learning Japanese now,

Just do it you bitch

That sounds awesome. Most of my dreams are just my RL fears manifested reality piled on with work stress.

Why are there faggots in this thread when there's so little translated yaoige?

I listen to the sound of rain, otherwise I can hear myself thinking and it creates a feedback loop.

He could be bi.

Are there any VNs where you can play as a cop?

translated?

Dracu-riot kind of

bodyguard in akagoei

Flowers torrent where?

This, but throw in a sexual frustration or two.

the Psycho-Pass one

Fuck off we don't support piracy here.

Yeah, the weird thing is I'm almost always playing the role of a girl in my dreams, and, contextually, I don't find it weird in the slightest. Like, when I was reading MGQ I dreamed about being made into a succubus and living my life in said village gleefully sucking up male juices.

Sometimes the dreams are a bit more eclectic, or there will be an understandable, reasonable ongoing plotline, but then something really random or out-of-place happens.

It's irritating though, I usually wake up in the morning when it starts getting good. Still, I don't get why I consistently dream about certain things. I bet Freud would have a field day.

>people posting about weird dreams
I read books in my dreams and wake up when I'm done with the book. You people are freaks.

Sounds like you subconsciously wish you were a girl

N-nonsense.

Just to make something clear, I'm supposed to self-insert as the woman in doujinshi. Right? Right!?

Is this loli?

I'm a girl, but I often dream that I am a man in a relationship with a woman. What does it mean?

OTP.

No, it's a train.

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

But I would like to insert my nonexistent manhood inside of her.

>uni starts back up next monday
>can't start a vn because not enough time with two jobs
>soon there will be 0 free time at all and can't read vn until next break
fuck i wish i could be a neet. how will i love without my pretend romances.

Just play small amounts of time each day or play short VNs fag.