Why are rear quarters built in to the body of the car?

Why are rear quarters built in to the body of the car?

They really aren't. Its just a skin that covers the structural body, that's it crumples like a soda can seen in your pic.

*why it

and that's a civic, but w/e same idea.

they should be just bolted on

And you have to cut it away from the door sills and roof if you want to replace it. I think that's what he meant by it. Most other body parts you can simply take off, the rear quarters are part of a huge greenhouse structure for no apparent reason.

They're spot welded to the structure as you can see here most notably in at the bottom of the quarter glass and the rear corner.

You have to drill or grind out those spot welds and cut the b-pillar also seen in that picture.

It's a pain in the ass to repair, but very straight forward to build; manufactures tend to not give a fuck about how the car comes apart.

Yea fml

my sport package bmw e90 was totaled becasue of a slight budge in the rear quarter panel ..

I feel your pain.

is the pain equal to a hydrolocked engine and and estimate of $4,000.00 in repairs?

LS crate engines cost about the same. Makes you wonder doesnt it.

it makes me get a headache. now i have no car

Why do some people use the terminology Front Fender and Rear Fender? I was taught the fenders are the front sides and the rear section is the quarter panel or rear quarter.

Is it an age or generation thing?

Is one more correct?

I got all you guys beat.

Just put a cheaper engine in it you dipshit.

do it for me

Buy a Checker Marathon or a Saturn S series or Vue then.

Structural rigidity.

Have you tried looking before you pull out?

Yes I have before. Didn't cost me 10 grand though.

4 grand my mistake.

They aren't, but they are welded in place instead of bolted.
You can grind the welds off and replace them.

>hydrolocked engine
when this happens its always the owners fault. you fucking deserved it driving in water retard

Happened to me after Houston floods

I really feel for you guys down there. Hope you get everything back to normal soon.

I'm in the smashed qp club too