/hg/ - Halo General

Facebook Steals Our Memes Edition

>Current Content Update:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

>Official Warzone Firefight reveal trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=3My_2vZQjBI

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/64rb9y4w

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/comic-con-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

>Canon Halo Works
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

Previous thread >>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YMStlHBhJ3E
youtube.com/watch?v=R5PXYht2qjk
se7ensins.com/forums/threads/halo-5-division-rank-boosting.1443511/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lav8MPc81LI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for sigmund is cute :3

1st for kicking lemmings

youtube.com/watch?v=YMStlHBhJ3E
youtube.com/watch?v=R5PXYht2qjk
3rd for sweet vods

There is none. The only kind of boosting there is is also known as "Bronze Boosting", where you rank low and beat high opponents to add to your CSR in massive chunks.

Unless they changed something I think you can still use alts to boost.

Do you have a link or example of this bronze boosting?
I just don't get the point. Does it speed up the time it takes to play to your correct rank?
Seems easier to just place into onyx/high diamond and play up.

No.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #201.
The featured map is "Vortex"

>Previous threads since numbering began:
#200 - Milestone #199 - Free For All #198 - Under Cover of Night #197 - Prepare to Drop #196 - Hexagons are Real #195 - Spartans Never Die
#194 - Halo 4 is Technically a Halo Game
#193 - Never Trust a Hinge Head
#192 - In Remembrance of the Beta
#191 - Were It So Easy
#190 - Master Chief's Bizzare Adventure
#189 - Arby Had a Hard Life
#188 - RIP Jul
#187 - Smart A.I. was a Mistake
#186 - Our True Cause
#185 - Black Undersuit
#184 - Heretic Hunt
#183 - Master Chef
#182 - Take the Cruiser Back
#181 - What Were They Thinking
#180 - What About That Stupid Cloak
#179 - Parasite's Cove
#178 - We Numbered Now

The long trek to 300 begins

I liked Vortex

I literally don't even remember this map.
Looks boring and wide open.
Figures, it was a Halo 4 map.

>I just don't get the point. Does it speed up the time it takes to play to your correct rank?
Here's a link that covers it.
se7ensins.com/forums/threads/halo-5-division-rank-boosting.1443511/
You can check people's games to see if they played with three mysteriously bronze players, but if you go to the company page, click on him, and check his games you'll see he was playing with platinum teammates and one gold.

Vortex was fucked by plasma pistol spawns. Also the middle structure never made sense to me.

I hate this map and ragnarok so much

The halo 4 aesthetics were garbage

Vortex was the worst of the large launch maps in Halo 4.

1. Exile
2. Meltdown
3. Settler
4. Ragnarok
5. Vortex

>Exile
>worst
Exile was one of, if not the, best. Especially since launch 4 had Dominion as a playlist, the gamemode Exile was built for.

It was ok.

They were going for the wide open with pieces of cover thing.

They perfected the concept later with "Wreckage"

>reading comprehension

Oooh, I see now.

Oh I knew about that. I thought you mean just tanking placements on your main account then playing out of bronze.
I wish they would fix the alt boosting by using max csr for fireteams.

i know the admin for that page, fuck him

i honestly forget his name but if you're here tell char i say hi

I really like the aesthetics in Vortex though.
I like how it's dark but you can still see.

It's probably also the only map where the mantis isn't broken.

The sorta fixed it a few months ago. The win used to give a flat boost between all teammates, but now it varies depending on your CSR compared to the enemy CSR and your own performance.
You can lose to a team of champions 50 to 15 and still go up 3/4 of a rank if you personally played well. Losing to high rank guys brings you down only a little while losing to bronzes will rip you down rank or maybe two.

>the celebration is already over...

Time to start planning for #300, senpai

if we start now we can probably get picture organized in time.

>if we start now we can probably get picture organized in time.
It's going to be hard as long as people are actively trying to stop it from happening

Everything is ugly and glowy and purple

It's like they tried to make it as visually unappealing as possible

>Settler
What?

Settler is the built-in forge varient for the canvas called "ravine"

It's actually a really good map, even if 50% of the action all occurs on the walled-off rise along the side of the map.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lav8MPc81LI
Is he right? I kinda agree with him t b h

I'm not sure if I like the ps1 stylized graphics they were going for with Halo 4

>Late Night Gaming
Stop posting this guy here.
Seriously, delete your post. Nobody believes him that he "leaked Halo 5 development". Like some literally who actually got access to secret shit nobody else had.

He's just craving for attention.

Go to bed user, you're drunk

I just saw it in my recommended in YouTube didn't even know he supposedly did that

He's not, though. That's very clearly a screenshot of Spyro 1 with some sort of light-grey filter over it.

>I just saw it in my recommended in YouTube didn't even know he supposedly did that
His videos are all over the place and poorly organized, even if the points he makes is occasionally on point.

He sounds like some neet who got bullied in school that wants to just stay home and be the next youtube millionaire and broadcast his opinions for attention and revenue.
And what do you know, that's exactly what he is, as evidenced by his autistic rant video.

Halo 4 looks like shit

Low res minecraft-tier textures

Shitty pop in on objects

Grass and shadows that dissapear after 5 feet (low LOD distance)

Most skyboxes were very blatantly 2D cutouts with pixelated edges

Combine all that with godawful art-style and you've got an ugly ass game

He didnt.

He just claims he did despite his claims being made up and pretty ass backwards.
Then in each subsequent video he always mentions how "I'm the guy that leaked Halo 5"

>Low res minecraft-tier textures
Oh, I didn't realize we were just spouting bullshit.

Nah.

Free DLC maps and totally optional reqs > dead/removed DLC playlists and split playerbase

Besides we're still getting at least one or two more maps. Sanctum kicked ass. Tidal is awesome. The lava one was decent. Overgrown was OK.

>we're still getting at least one or two more maps
Who wants to tell him?

How do you know he's not telling the truth? He's kinda right about the game

Go in game

Look at any vehicle, wall, rock, sky, even your own Spartan's hand and legs

And the bad filtering means that any large surface (like the ground) looks fucking nasty from most angles other than overhead view
The textures in halo 4 are insanely shit

Go back to the last community update from friday cuck.

They specifically say "new places to play" are coming. I highly doubt that just means community forge maps or something

>paid DLC hurts the population argument
Debunked time and time again

>prune abilities
>put the game on consoles
As expected of ActiBlizzard

He has some good conjectures, but they're nothing new that everybody hasn't been saying for months, and he has no proof so he needs to stop statin gb them as fact.

He also is horribly worded and unorganized with how he conducts himself.

>I highly doubt that just means community forge maps or something
We live in a world where Big Team is made entirely of community forge maps.

All right let me go hop on reach and play noble or defiant maps I bought

Oh wait I can't because the playlists are gone because they had low population because nobody wants to buy fucking DLC

>I highly doubt that just means community forge maps or something

We have, to date, not recieved ONE (1) DLC map built from scratch.

It's all either recycled remixed material from launch maps or forged maps.

All right let me just hop Halo 5 and play official BTB maps.

Oh wait I can't because they never existed.

You're forgetting they still owe us one WZA map

We were promised 6 WZ maps and 6 Wza maps.

So far we have urban, apex 7 mini, stormbreak mini, ARC mini, and prospect

(I can't remember their actual names)

>All right let me go hop on reach and play noble or defiant maps I bought
Reach is 6 years old, user.

Hop on Black Ops 3.
I guarantee you that you'll have no trouble at all getting the DLC maps if you buy them.

They had playlists. Then 343 took them away.

>I can't find the DLC maps on the game that's over half a decade old
2/10 I responded

Halo 5 isn't even a year old, is using a free DLC model, and barely has more players than Reach as it is.

Your argument has no grounds.

>implying 343 keeps their promises

That's not true, that's just the fault of the shitty fucking art and "competitive balance" niggers making every map plain white boring shit

All the DLC skyboxes are probably made of 90% new assets. But I wouldn't be surprised if a few things in maps were recycled. Probably more like 60% new shit inside of the maps themselves.

But at least I can actually play those maps and will be able to for as long as the servers are up.

(Also blame the remix system they insist on using. They know people dislike, maybe they'll do away with it in halo6 )

So you enjoy paying for something that will be totally useless outside of customs in 3 years?

Wouldn't you rather have a complete game? I don't know how people are still enjoying reach years later being stuck in the same 8 fucking maps over and over again

Or you know they could be like other non-greedy companies and release the maps for free a few months to a year later

>But at least I can actually play those maps and will be able to for as long as the servers are up.
Two things are wrong with this.
1. You could at least play with the servers down in previous games. Once the servers go down, or if XBL is down, Halo 5 becomes a singleplayer squad based shooter story game.
2. Maps have been removed, some temporarily, some permanently. Even ones from launch that were on the disc.

>Anyone besides the company leaders having a trip
What an asshole

>Wouldn't you rather have a complete game?
>halo 5
>complete
>game

It's fairly complete now.

Maybe like 90%

Action sack is on the way

They'll probably add race and 1 other mode

Yes I would. I'm still waiting on one.

>people wanting paid DLC for halo 5

>not realizing this would mean paying for modes we're missing from previous games

>and then you pay to download new req variants onto your game that you still have to unlock randomly with packs

>they'd probably pay for them anyways

Stay cucked

>so out of arguments you have to not quote people or reply to points made
Stay cucked.

What?

What else would you expect from Waypoint?

Warzone turbo ULTRA weekends when

Like regular warzone turbo but everyone has every vehicle/powerup/weapon unlocked and in unlimited supply

>Free DLC maps
that were most likely all finished to some extent or another before launch. them using these as a way to get good boy points with the community is pure deception.

>split playerbase
you mean like how 343 split the playerbase by dedicating so much of their effort into the side of the game involving the bullshit reqel/micro cycle, while leaving the other half of the game with considerably less attention? I shouldn't need to tell you why it's bad that they're a significant amount of players that play either WZ or arena almost exclusively, there shouldn't be this big of a gap. Particularly because they're incentivized to pay more attention to WZ (new arena maps and updates don't make money, reqel sales do).

tl;dr you defending "totally optional" microtransactions while accusing a different system of dividing the playerbase is laughable.

>They specifically say "new places to play" are coming
They've also *specifically* said that WZFF was the last free update in the style we've been getting. Either get your wallet ready or prepare for forge maps goy.

>So you enjoy paying for something that will be totally useless outside of customs in 3 years?
Reach will be almost 10 in 3 years.

He says, while discussing Halo 5's dlc model. Griffball, Infection, and fucking Forge were DLC.

>I don't know how people are still enjoying reach years later being stuck in the same 8 fucking maps over and over again
People still play BTB and WZ in 5, not that hard to believe.

>Or you know they could be like other non-greedy companies and release the maps for free a few months to a year later
Yes, 343 could do that :^)

>not realizing this would mean paying for modes we're missing from previous games
I mean, we were stupid enough to buy a game that shipped without those modes and pay the retail price of a full and complete game for it.

and then you pay to download new req variants onto your game that you still have to unlock randomly with packs
The only way they can justify the microtransactions is by saying it pays for le free new content (in reality the maps were finished before launch, it's possible the req items and gear were new but the main attractor was always the maps). You can't have paid DLC and microtransactions, you'd have to be retarded to think that was a good idea.

But we know that the free updates are over anyhow, so the hypothesis is once again independently verified: 343 is in fact literally retarded.

>Or you know they could be like other non-greedy companies and release the maps for free a few months to a year later
You mean like Bungie did with 2 and 3, but 343 didn't with Reach and 4?
Also, remember that time that Halo 3's first map pack released and it massively split the playerbase and the game became unplayable? Nobody ever played on Foundry or Standoff. Everyone hated those maps and never even forged on them. Oh wait. And then they made it free a year later, and the game held on through 2010.

I regularly hold Xbox 360 Lan parties with friends.
Gears of War, Star Wars Battlefront II, you name it.

With Halo Reach, we can easily play the DLC maps with 16 players.
Offline.
Without gold for everyone.
Without everyone needing their own console.

Let me know when I can do that in 5.

And don't forget you can play Race on them.

>And don't forget you can play Race on them.
I'll admit I don't miss race that much, but there's no point to its removal.

Hell, 343 even removed most of their own OC gametypes from 4, and I liked a lot of those.
Regicide, Dominion, ricochet. Why remove them?
extraction was total shit though

Why were so many game types removed?

>Why were so many game types removed?
Incompetence

>Why were so many game types removed?
Halo 5 wasn't ready.
It was a rushed project that got massively retooled and reworked about a year from launch.
The MCC debacle took a lot of their resources away from Halo 5 as well.

The company is a train wreck. I have no faith in games developed by them.

I liked race and know many others like it too, and it shouldn't take too much reworking of a Territories or KotH mode to make one.
>Hell, 343 even removed most of their own OC gametypes from 4, and I liked a lot of those.
Because at least Dominion, Extraction, and Ricochet were not made by 343, they were made by Certain Affinity. It's why Exile is so good for the first two: it was a map made by CA and designed with those in mind. It's also why the Certain Affinity maps were so good; because they looked at the gameplay objectively, without the insider look that 343 had, and built their maps around every mechanic.

Genuine incompetence. We know they're not holding them back like they did the armors and maps, because Hog Wild didn't include race, the one thing people expected other than a new warthog.

Bungie only released cold storage and one of the map packs for h3. The Mythic packs still cost money and always have

But maybe bungie have always been Jews, just look at destiny

>60$ game

>20-40$ "" expansions "" with low as fuck content compared to other MMO's

>microtransaction currency on top of this

>currency is priced in such a way that you'll always have an even sum left over after buying your item, but not enough to buy anything else. Thus encouraging you to buy more.

Wasntt that mostly rumors though? MCC was rushed and outsourced but that should still have given them another year to work on 5, right?

Bungie always wanted to make maps for free but MS made them put pricetags on them. Bungie now can hardly be compared to their glory days, and everyone who mattered left when Activision said they had to gut the game to sell it as DLC

Apparently it has more to do with the X1 architecture giving them optimization trouble as well as the theory that the squad mechanic shit changed everything.

And the Legendary pack, and the first Mythic pack.
>comparing modern bungie to old bungie, when very few from old bungie are still at the company

don't forget
They released that 60$ game three times now

(Yes including the new DLC's but still selling the same game 3 years in a row)

>season pass only included the first 2 DLC's

>took them over 3 years to implement private multiplayer lobbies for custom games

>will probably be shallow as fuck compared to halo custom options

>still no theatre, map editing, screenshot sharing, anything that made the halo community special

That's a good point.

Honestly I wish CA would just handle all multiplayer shit from now now.l for the series.
Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer is some of the best if not the best in the series.

I think you're right, it was cold storage, one map pack, and one other one, but I still had to buy the 2 remaining ones

Legendary and Mythic Maps Packs are still, to this day, not free

I've been saying this for years now

Certain affinity, sabre interactive, and creative assembly all understand and respect halo better than 343 does

Oh, sorry. They bumped the price to $2.

Yeah man halo 4s multiplayer was the best in the series we need them to make the multiplayer for all the games.

>completely removing all context like this
We know you're desperate for a point, but come on.

>Yeah man halo 4s multiplayer was the best in the series we need them to make the multiplayer for all the games.
Halo 4 plays fine in classic slayer.
Certain Affinity even had weapon spawns on the maps but 343 removed them and forced in their cancerous Infinity slayer gametypes.

>Certain affinity understands and respects halo better than 343 does
That's probably because they were a part of Bungie when Halo CE and 2 were made and they jumped ship when they saw how bungie was going downhill.

So how will Halo 6 work? It has to be able to run on the regular xbone even if it takes advantage of Scorpio.

You think they really will lock split screen behind the PC and Scorpio wall?

343 were the ones who came up with the "infinity " concept and genuinely thought it was a good idea

That's the thing that encompassed many modes and added perks, loadouts, kill-cams and ordinance