What is everyone else working on this weekend?

What is everyone else working on this weekend?

So for the second time this year, the drive train in the CRX has been pulled
We managed to do it in like 4 hours
most of the parts for the replacement drive train are on the way or here already, I do still need bearings, a trans seal, and a few other things

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AHLW99KDDwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is also a gore thread now

working on nothing, going drag racing also some spectating.
waiting for my passenger window motor in the mail because mine just stops working when its really hot outside and i drop the window fully down.

Stripping and shortening this axle so it fits in my Volvo.
Also more work on painting the Miata.
Also going to the Pomona swap meet.

How did the maincap come loose?

I bet the welding shop he had work on it sabotaged it
Don't those guys compete with you?

Probably harmonic vibrations
Everything WAS torqued to spec
I definitely need to regularly pull my race motors apart and re-torque everything
Maybe each oil change lol

My dirtbike went boom now im ripping it apart to see what the fuck is wrong. I just wanna brap god damn it.

>tfw expecting the worst

I'm gonna be giving her a clean cuz the pollen here sucks. Probably gonna measure the exhaust so I can remove the aftermarket exhaust mufflers and replace them with resonators. Probably the stock R/T ones.

the amount of pollen right now is infuriating
We washed my lincoln and were about to put wax on when we realized it already had a thin coat of pollen

Going to do the rear wheel cylinders tomorrow since I replaced everything else in the brake system, with the increased pressure they will probably explode if I don't replace them soon

nobody cares about your shitty car. you're like pepsifag, a shit troll who starts drivetrain arguments.

No, he just attempts to finish them because he's not a retarded weeb who thinks fwd is good on high grip surfaces.

he IS a faggot, but at least pick a real reason.

TFW $6900 into an engine build
and you haven't even gotten the machinist's bill yet

>6900 into a honda motor
I threw up, baka.

That looks like a shit caliper mate

I like how the brake line crosses over the disc edge

to be fair $2900 is the trans

Congrats, youre a retard

which part of this is retarded, I would like to know
Am I doing something wrong here specifically?

Don't dude, you're responding to Corey

he's just another moron who has never actually done motorsports thinking he's an expert, i doubt he even owns a car
i'm corey dipshit

but I want to see how this "trolling" pans out

Wow I'm #TeamCorey now

Stupidly, dumb faggot was in the corolla thread and shit it up hard

new primary O2. I also got a Hondata IMG, but I'm gonna wait to put that in when I have more time.

you GOT a hondata image?
please tell me you aren't going to run a basemap without tuning your car

Go away

Nah, Ive been here far too long to ever leave

>and then he said he runs a base map

>when the newfags try to tell the official Veeky Forums sponsored racer to fuck off
god Veeky Forums is so bad now

>he drives a honda
>let's call chad, he's got a mercedes GL63 AMG

>GL63
Sounds like Chad's new name is Thundercuck

>Verified certified car master expert confirmed

Oi vey you really know your stuff, bub

Tacked up and ready to weld 2bh

>He thinks $6900 is a lot

Lol. Mine doesn't even include the trans

>he doesn't realize women get moist for massive """""""luxury""""""" suv's

Jesus, is that for a L67?

LC2

Is it a T-Type or a GN?

>been chasing down a misfire on my LT1
>check every spark plug, every wire
>bout to say fuck it when I glance at my intake elbow
>rubber inlet thing looks jacked up
>looks dented on the side
>take it off and it looks like the engine tried to eat it, half of it is pulled through the O-clamps I had on it

welp that'll cause a vacuum leak

Gonna slap on a new one and pray to the car gods

pic unrelated, mei is bae

The one hiding

I'm jelly, used to own a G-Body and wanted that car bad

Just curious, what do you do for a day job? Car related or no?

It's been my dream car for years too, user. They're expensive, but definitely attainable.

I do data modeling/analytics for a San Francisco tech company. Definitely not car related. Though the guy who works at the GN shop I've been going to has own his GN for 16 years and it's his daily.

I work in IT
this is just parts for a 1.6l rebuild lol

Please help, your number one fan wants to follow in your foot steps with a shitbox in rally, talk him out of it before he fucking dies

regular maintenance on the DD

Putting on a cold air intake. Should add a few extra ponies

Why would I talk you out of it?
I have a Nissan stanza you should buy LOL

Replace all the plenum side gaskets to fix a vacume leak on my h22. It fixed the surging idle but I think I need a new iacv.

Removing baked on gaskets is fucking gay.

New shifter for my off-roader

Tempted to get a junkyard Trans and build it up with a manual valve body.

composite gaskets are a freaking nightmare

Use spray on paint remover, works pretty well

Going to replace a dead lock motor and fix a sticky gas pedal on my Integra. Just got the car so I have to do all the basic stuff to it.

I fixed the rear 'china wall' intake manifold leak.

did a complete oil change, ran the car parked for a good 20 minutes then shut it off, checked oil level and let it sit over night. Next day there are no obvious signs of leaks under the car where it was parked, Took it for about a 2 mile ride, pulled back into the drive way and it's a quart low. Under the hood is bone dry, oil pan is bone dry, oil and antifreeze have not mixed.... Engine not smoking, also not puking oil through the blow by...

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY OIL GOING?

burning? into your water?

Injector o-rings and the intake manifold gasket, then there's a valve cover leak to fix, ill do that after i get paid again.

Oil can't just evaporate, It might be a gasket that is leaking. Best of luck.

No baffle under the breather

Also did a 0-60 on it today. According to the 48 year old speedometer, I did 0-60 MPH in 7.74 seconds. What does Veeky Forums think of that? I'm sure I could shave 2 seconds off of that if the transmission weren't slipping.

The car is a 1968 ford galaxie with a 400/C6.

Jesus, clean your fucking garage man

Looks fine to me fag

you wouldn't like my garage

I cleaned it last week, and then worked in it for a day and it ended up fucking looking like this again. What's the point?

Also installed new exhaust manifold gaskets. Some of you mother of fucks might like this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHLW99KDDwQ

Still have to buy a shorter belt for the alternator, and still have to figure out why the starter is clanking against the flywheel.

I suspect I'll be able to register the car and actually drive it within a few months, granted I can find where the hell this oil is going.

I'm done attention whoring now. I wanna see someone else's project.

man i'd pour a 3" pad where the cars are. that would drive me insane working on dirt.

kek, I like how user answered your question and then you just took a shit on him

>didn't actually break the rod

this was the builders fault.

>that color scheme

looks like a fucking mcdonalds

>0-60 in 5

prolly not

I was thinking optimus prime, but with the yellow wires, holy shit.

The color scheme looked alot better in my head

>optimus prime

keks

about to go paint my civic valve cover black. because it was riced out

>what's everyone doing this weekend?
Coworker called in for an 8 hour shift Sunday, gonna cover that and pull in that sweet OT pay.
>16/hr on top of my normal 40x12 week
>feels gud mayne
Off on monday, hopefully my car jacks come in, so I can hoist my car and I can replace my idle air control valve. If not, I'll just put it off until they arrive.

>16/hr

KEK

I'm back home for college summer break, it's pretty good temp work.
now if I was making 16/hr OT with a degree, that'd be audible keks for sure.

Pretty sure I follow you on facebook. I look at your car on the track and think damn... maybe someday my b17 crx will do that

it is a really really bad idea to run a basemap unless your car exactly matches that image even then, it needs to be tuned

wat.racing.3 on FB?

damn. what engine do you use in your crx? and why? just curious, i got one myself with stock d16

I'm thinking it might need a swap soon. it makes a grinding/wheel bearing like sound, only when the car is moving in gear. does it louder/faster as the car picks up speed

Bleeding brakes on my own with a pump. last time I did it with a friend and he fucked up something and got air in. Going to learn to weld some more with HBF $100 90 amp welder.

I hope it fucking stops raining for long enough for me to do any of that

I'm wiring up my power folding mirrors on my soob, then replacing the front brakes on my turd gen.

it was the d16a6
the new engine is a b16a2

Equinox?
I hate using pumps to bleed brakes
I just get a friend to work a wrench
and make sure i don't bottom out the pedal (you can damage a master cylinder bottoming out)

Nope, I've never owned an impreza.