What about the Japanese military allowed them to conquer almost all of East Asia during the Imperial period...

What about the Japanese military allowed them to conquer almost all of East Asia during the Imperial period? What about the Japanese military made them fall in WW2 to the Americans? Were their any noteworthy attributes of their tactics/equipment/structure?

>the Japanese military
>conquered almost all of East Asia during the Imperial period?

They were not Chinese.

Why weren't they able to defeat the Chinese then?

They were still gooks.

There is a logical inconsistency in your posts.

But I realize I am talking to /pol/ so I'll just let this shitpost thread die.

spotted the chink lmao

Arisaka Type 99 is dope as fuck.

Mac Arthur and Churchill were both glorified cheerleaders who failed to put up any good defense for SEA.

Type 99 was trash,
Type 38 was the quality one
I have one and aside from the expensive ammo it's incredible

>failed to put up any good defense for SEA.
The Philippines held out for 6 months what the fuck are you babbling about you moron.

How expensive is the 6.5x50?

I have type 99 and the its trash meme comes from morons buying training rifle that were made with low grade steal and beliving that they had a real type 99. Its shoots great better than my enfeild and nugget. 7.7 is great round too bad its so expensive.

>British colonies
WE SURRENDER WE SURRENDER
FUCK THE BRITS, T-THEY WERE EVIL COLONISTS ANYWAY! A-ASIA FOR ASIA!
ONLY THE CHINESE-MALAYS ARE RESISTING, GET THEM, NOT US!
>American Philippines
JAPS GET OUT REEEEE!

Yeah I was thinking the same about the trash meme. I hope I will get my hands on a early produced type 99 someday.

>Malaysia
>WE SURRENDER WE SURRENDER
>FUCK THE BRITS, T-THEY WERE EVIL COLONISTS ANYWAY!
[Citation needed]

They did though, They went as far as Burma and conquered all the relevant parts of China, not to mention almost all of Southeast Asia up to Australia.

If you don't establish political control over a territory that's at least semipermanent (let's say holding it for 1 decade) I don't think it counts as conquering. Canadians didn't conquer Washington DC just because they were there for one day.

Confirmed for low knowledge

Just remember if the moon runes are vertically printed on top of the action below the mum its a training rifle

>What about the Japanese military allowed them to conquer almost all of East Asia during the Imperial period?
better technology and the means to implement it

>What about the Japanese military made them fall in WW2 to the Americans?
less resources and war industry

Canadians were never in D.C. It's hard to conquer something if you were never there.

Fucking americans, learn english.

One of their noteworthy tactics that fucked them over is that they didn't defend their merchant fleet from American submarines.

Post war American war records indicate that millions of tonnes of armaments, supplies and raw goods enroute to the far flung operations in the pacific were sunk without any opposition.

This of course left many Japanese outposts without enough supplies to effectively defend themselves

Do you believe that may be because the Japanese navy never experienced authentic resistance and sustained naval campaigns from competent, well armed naval powers such as the United States?

Dude? Those weren't canadians, those were british soldiers and militia. Canada didn't exist as a nation during the war of 1812.

>if canada didn't exist as a nation, people from canada were not canadians

No, it's because their surface navy was mostly underwater.

>I'll take pointless semantics for 500 Alex

Yes, I do in fact.

Before the Western powers got significantly involved, Japan had been easily blasting over the shit armies of its neighboring countries on land sea and air.

Their early war success is often thought to be one of the causes to the 'victory disease' that began to plague the high ends of the military leadership.

>imblying

>What about the Japanese military allowed them to conquer almost all of East Asia during the Imperial period? What about the Japanese military made them fall in WW2 to the Americans? Were their any noteworthy attributes of their tactics/equipment/structure?

There is a reason why their religion was all but destroyed after the end of the war.

This. Imperial Japan mobilized Danmaku shrinemaidens and used them to great effect, so much so that the Western powers even resorted to nuclear weapons to silence the Shinto-based militarism of Japan.

>There will never be an anime where WWII was fought by magical girls and each nation has a different variety that follows the course of the war accurately
Why live?

You also HAD to be Japanese to practice Shinto iirc. It's one of the only religions still out there which requires you to be of some peoples in order to practice. It allowed their peoples to breed a ultra-nationlistic ideal and attempt to full fill the ideas of Hakko ichiu (all the world under one sun). It's essentially what happened with Britain and their attempt to get the world under one nation.

But the Japanese tried it in later period in time when powers had already been established.

Isnt Shinto just like worship of random folk-gods, most of which represent inanimate objects? Also that fat dude with a drum who gives prosperity to your kitchen.

Tbh my missus is a Jap, but her ability to explain shinto-buddhism and japanese history is very poor. She sure hates chinks though.

>. It's one of the only religions still out there which requires you to be of some peoples in order to practice.
You mean Judaism, right?

>It's one of the only religions still out there which requires you to be of some peoples in order to practice.
What is Judaism?

it doesn't

>Its shoots great better than my enfeild and nugget.
My sperm is more accurate than a nugget, so that is not a great deal.

>you can't convert to judaism
Kay. You can't 'convert' to Shinto, you can practice it. But in the eyes of a true Japanese Shinto practitioner you will be a joke, see below.

>Tbh my missus is a Jap, but her ability to explain shinto-buddhism and japanese history is very poor. She sure hates chinks though.
Kek that's pretty funny. I love me some generic Jap-China hate hahahaha.

Anyway.

It's kami no kuni which is important. It essentially means Japan is the land of the gods, therefore Shinto is for Japanese people only. That ideal is changing (I think) but you can imagine how that ideal could be used to mobilise and create ultra-nationalism.

My wife is a half-Jap, and was raised by all-white people. She still finds it hard to like anything Chinese, or Korean.

The guys they fought were weak.

Seriously there's not much of an achievement in conquering barely-defended Dutch East Indies or beating Chinese in the middle of warlord period. Once they've had to face decently equipped military like USMC or reorganised British Army in Burma(after initial disaster) they started sucking.
As much as any other round that wasn't produced since 1945. There was a surplus of them in the 50's and now nobody has them because lol I'm paying 5c for a box of ammo why should I keep the brass? And then it basically ran out.
You can convert to Judaism and if your spouse is jewish and you raise the kids in the religion they're legit Jews nobody will call them halfbreeds.

>She still finds it hard to like anything Chinese, or Korean.
Have you asked her to justify why? Is it out of simple pure ignorant based hatred? Or is there an actual reason?

Genuinely curious.

>be British in Malaysia
>let's not mobilize
>or build fortifications
>it might upset the civilians :^)

Yeah she gets real pissed off when I suggest that she might be a little racist tho.
Chicks brah.

It's not exactly semantics when the force that took DC was a fully British force of redcoats fresh off from the end of the Napoleonic wars. At this point in time, the Canadian militia was still at the New York border reeling from the thorough asskicking they'd gotten at Plattsburgh.

Their obsession with the Decisive Battle Doctrine played a big part in this, both using their own subs for commercial raiding/supply line interdiction and protecting their own supply lines were of less importance to them than seeking that sweet, sweet decisive battle.

Wait, so Alexander the Great didn't conquer anything?

>alex great
>story about a guy taking his ballista for a walk

They were a third rate military who's success was due to the fact that their regional rivals were worst off than they were but as the war progressed the critical failures of their political, military and logistical structure became more pronounced. Still they gave the Americans one hell of a time but that's largely due to the Americans being second rate soldiers.

>My wife is a half-Jap, and was raised by all-white people

So she's not a Jap but a self-hating asian who thinks that she's white.

Glorious nippon steel.

They had naval superiority, then they lost naval superiority. Tenno Heika Banzai!

Yeah
Starts war with 24 aircraft carriers
Makes u.s believe they still think capital ships are worthy
Japanese show that infantry can be parachuted, marine landed, bicycled or anything else in to battle, terminology like special forces doesn't mean shit
Proves that destroyers & crusiers make good supply ships
Japanese method of uranium enrichment still used today

>What about the Japanese military made them fall in WW2 to the Americans?
They lost their navy because they couldn't into encryption. The Japanese infantry may have had shitty small arms and doctrine but it made no difference as they could have been the best army on Earth and they still would have lost once American naval superiority had been established.

>Japanese show that infantry can be parachuted, marine landed, bicycled or anything else in to battle,
What? Japan did not show anything. Everyone knew before WW2 started that infantry can be parachuted, "marine-landed," or bicycled. Do you think Japanese invented riding on bicycles or something?

>Proves that destroyers & crusiers make good supply ships
Actually they proved that destroyers and cruisers make shit supply ships. Which everyone knew.

>Japanese method of uranium enrichment still used today
insert hiroshima joke here

>Actually they proved that destroyers and cruisers make shit supply ships. Which everyone knew.

This.

>get basically all of their supply/transport ships sunk because ASW and CVEs are something that happen to other, lesser countries who lack bushido

>"n-no problem, d-destroyers and cruisers can also act as transports you guys"

>get those sunk too

same tech group.
t. Johan

>Korean.
tbf, they ruined esports.

>Starts war with 24 aircraft carriers
What?

Yeah, didn't they barely have that many combined throughtout the war, and that's if you're counting shit like the battleships they converted into shitty half-carriers out of desperation?

They made a total of 10 carriers that would qualify as fleet carriers in a ww2 navy, of which 6 were from before Dec 1941.

NEETs look hella comfy.

ZER WILL FOR MIGHT

>She still finds it hard to like anything Chinese, or Korean
Even the shit that's LITERALLY THE SAME BUT PRONOUNCED SLIGHTLY DIFFERENTLY ?

There's some sort of fucking conspiracy out there about using the Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese name for a concept when discussing muh Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese culture when it uses the same kanji in all 4 languages and is the same fucking thing and (co-)evolved with the others and this is NEVER EVER MENTIONED plainly. I can't believe the number of times I went "gee what is this chingchong thing they are talking about" and looked up the kanji and it was just some Japanese 101 or Chinese 101 or Buddhism 101 stuff.