Searching for a new car

>searching for a new car
>sort by transmission:manual
>results are 90% flappy paddles

why?

>'Merica

>shitposting

because it's not as simple as automatic or manual anymore. a dct isn't exactly an automatic, but that doesn't mean they are good. they are trash unless the car costs over 40k and even some of those are shit.

Yes, because most of European sports cars are still available with a stickshift. No wait...

It's simple.

3 pedals = manual
2 pedals = auto

>because it's not as simple as automatic or manual anymore
Yes it is. DCT and such are just types of automatic
>a dct isn't exactly an automatic
By definition it is.

>>/hm/

What this guy said, a manual is denoted by a USER-OPERATED clutch, not to mention in a manual you're manually shifting gears whereas as DCT, PDK, those stupid fake manual modes in econoboxes and so on are still the operator telling the computer to shift gears if said computer feels like it.

Stupidity

>mom I figured out how to shitpost from my phone so I can samefag about my sexuality issues which I project onto cars

Jesus Christ

Dual clutch transmions are SEMI-AUTOMATIC transmissions.
Despite their name there are not and are not in any way related to AUTOMATIC transmissions.

It goes down to the way the transmission WORKS and are ENGINEERED.

SEMI-AUTOMATIC is its own categery.

I put important words in caps since you seem to a bit soft in the head.

Further reading:
FUCKING GOOGLE "semi-automatic automatic manual" YOU FUCKWITS
I am fucking mad.

Then no race car is a manual.
Because not even dogbox race cars from the 90s ever used the clutch except to get moving.

a PDK is nothing like a DCT. a PDK, Tiptronic, etc is still a slushbox.

A DCT is exactly like a standard manual in every single way except the clutch and shift fork are servo or hydraulically operated, but in usability it's the same as a dogbox sequential of a 90's F1 car.

Some DCTs are good. Most are utter trash. But, that doesn't mean they are automatics in the old sense of the word. It's not 2005 anymore.

semi automatic =/= automatic.

How much control you have over when and how it downshifts is now what determines whether a DCT is good or not.

Hardly anyone on this board can afford a good DCT, but that doesn't mean they are shit just because you can't afford the good ones.

>A dual-clutch transmission, (DCT) (sometimes referred to as a twin-clutch transmission or double-clutch transmission), is a type of automatic transmission
First result, you can kindly fuck off now.

>A semi-automatic transmission is an automobile transmission that does not change gears automatically, but rather facilitates manual gear changes by dispensing with the need to press a clutch pedal at the same time as changing gears.
kindly stop being a dumbass semantic warrior.

A DCT is a semi auto. regardless of whether or not it has firmware that allows it to shift itself.

>my cherry-picked definition is right because I said it is
Also semantics is the entire fucking point in an argument about definitions, do you have some sort of learning disability?

Wrong. If you get upset at the idea that everything can't be divided into one of two categories maybe it's just best to step away from the conversation, not that you had anything to offer to it in the first place. What you are saying is no different than saying "there are only two different types of engines, overhead cam and rotary."

semantics arent definitions.

semantically a DCT is both an automatic and semi-automatic manual.

If your not pushing in the clutch and rowing the gears it is an automatic.

Simple.

>>"Mom tell them I DO SO drive a manual like them!"

except it isn't that simple.
and if you wont drive anything that doesn't have a clutch pedal you're going to be driving 65 year old cars by the time you die.

and both my cars are standard manuals, but I'm not deluded enough to think it's better than a 458's DCT

and I'd happily throw a dogbox sequential into my weekend car if I could afford to throw that kind of money at it.

Hey dude, you forgot the rest of that paragraph when you copy and pasted.

>type of automatic transmission or automated automotive transmission. It uses two separate clutches for odd and even gear sets. It can fundamentally be described as two separate manual transmissions (with their respective clutches) contained within one housing, and working as one unit. They are usually operated in a fully automatic mode, and many also have the ability to allow the driver to manually shift gears in semi-automatic mode

I know you wouldn't purposefully ignore the entire definition just to strengthen your own opinion so I wanted to help you out by posting the complete definition, cheers.

>>you're going to be driving 65 year old cars by the time you die.

....I'm ok with this

This.
Clutch pedal = manual
Torque converter/automatically applied clutches = auto

If you don't operate a clutch with your left foot, it is not a manual.

>posts the holy Trinity of disappointing cars that set good lap times but still feel like shit to drive

Why do nocar kiddies circlejerk over shitty American cars?

>feel like shit to drive
I take it you've driven all three?

we already went over why this is wrong in the thread.

side note: i never use condoms. the AIDS will kill the baby anyways

What about a Turbo 400 with a clutch in place of the torque converter? So you clutch to go into gear and it shifts automatically after that.

Try searching for an E46 M3, some fucks think the SMG is a Manual