Why don't they make sports cars with hatchbacks anymore?

And no I don't mean faggot ass "HOT HATCHES." My god not even google has knows what I mean

Liftback coupes?

just get a hot hatch you asshole

the only notable fantastic one was the nissan exa sportbak

But Porsche still does.

>944
>sports car

k

The Aston Martin One-77 is a hatchback

So what happened? Did they go out of style or something? They seem like the perfect car form to me

Not sure if this counts but the Viper still does it.

That's a lift back or a fastback retard

THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE FUCKING CALLED. Thank you user

We need to start having Liftback Generals. I know the owners are out there

A liftback Honda Civic Coupe would've been perfect but instead they morphed it into an ugly fat hot hatch

Because they make hot hatches instead.

>[board] needs more [topic] generals
Get out

So what? Why don't you contribute instead of complaining

Hi there!

This thread needs Honda.

Fastback hatch?

>coupes

Every z car...

More like this

They?

>liftbacks

>coupes

Someone post the gt86 shop of the lift back. Not the hatch/shooting break

>LIFTBACKS

>RAGE

>RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's not a fastback.

A sedan with a hatch is still a sedan.

Pic related is a fastback. That's a piggyback

Hatch backs are gas as fuck. That's why

I think they'd suit you just fine then

Ignore filename

Design trends? Hatchbacks are more practical.

Liftback Stickers when?

>Hatchbacks are more practical.
Oh sure, a little bit more trunk space but the car becomes a disgusting blob instead of a classically sexy wedge

I like the idea of the window lifting up. Jelly this supra gets it and not mine.

>Design trends
It's what demanded by the masses. Also trunk space + head space + that large rear window heats up the car by letting the sun in and the glass has it's weight.

Reminder that this is non-convertible equivalent of a Miata.
>less than 2400lbs
>115hp from a durable engine
>perfect weight distribution
>excellent handling
>slow and predictable
>momentum car to improve your skills
>galvanized chassis to protect from rust

The only problem is they're expensive and not receptive to big power increases. Take an NA model and turbo or otherwise add significant power and and you might wind up breaking the transaxle, for which parts are NLA and upgrading to something is nigh impossible.

It's not a secret that these cars inspired Japanese.

Fuck yes. Maybe something like this? Not sure if it should say something

>that large rear window heats up the car
What is new technology and window tinting?

Pic here

>window heats up the car by letting the sun in
Tint it. Most factory glass has visibly transparent but uv/IR blocking tint in its plastic layer.
>and the glass has it's weight.
And yet the 924 weighs

What's your problem? Tint the shit out of your car if it works for you.

>Reminder that this is non-convertible equivalent of a Miata.
Funnily enough Porsche almost made the Miata

someone post the ae86 pls :---)

Its not all UV though, its the fact that the light then hits stuff inside, gets a fraction of it absorbed as head, and then the IR from the interior bounces off the glass.

I won't tint it, I like my fastback hatch the way it originally is. I'm not complaining, I'm explaining the issue, yet folks here feels like in some kind of argument battle.

>Levin
Reeeee

:^)

there you go

i don't get it

Higher Res

Hi there, how's it going?

Op that's because hatchbacks are ugly as fuck only weebs like them

"The Toyota AE85, sold as the Toyota Corolla Levin, Toyota Sprinter Trueno or Toyota Corolla DX is a rear-wheel drive sportscoupe manufactured by Toyota from 1983-1987. The AE85 shares its chassis and basic design with the famous AE86, but while the AE86 was designed for performance, the AE85 was designed for economy and differs mainly in its engine."
Watch Initial D

I'm alright.

OP is a retard.

Levin is better though because aerodynamics

>AE86 designed for performance
>Came with a live rear axle

My negro...

Hatchbacks are so lame brah, only moms drive those. Real men drive mussel cars!

The 924 Turbo can reliably handle 250+hp as far as the drivetrain is concerned, and 200 hp is fairly easy without major modifications, especially the euro models. You just lost some of the simplicity and reliability compared to the n/a.

Turbo unreliability is a meme. I've had turbocharged project cars, stock and originally NA, for 10 years, and have had LESS problems with them than most other car people I know have had with their NA project cars.

A turbo adds a whopping 3 extra moving parts
>turbo rotating assembly
>wastegate
>blowoff/bypass valve
And it needs what? A couple of oil lines, some pipes and a different tune with added fuel supply if necessary? It's not that hard...

Of course if you're a shittard who doesn't know that you need to use oil with high temperature tolerance and change it regularly and you don't idle for a couple of minutes to let your turbo to cool off, you'll probably experience "turbo unreliability" when the bearings coke up. You also can't expect an engine to survive if it's an unknown factor and you just toss a turbo on it and crank the boost, you can only do this to engines that are known to be able to take it.

I was talking specifically about the 924 Turbo reliability, not general turbo reliability. I have both an n/a 924 and a turbo. The Achilles heel of the 924 turbo is the ignition system which is specific to it. The crank position sensor tends ta crap out and the only way of getting another one is to take it from another running car. I'm currently converting the ignition to a more modern electronic one. It also has other 30 + year old electronics to control boost enrichment, detonation prevention, overboosting prevention, etc. that the n/a doesn't have. Also, the 924 turbo shares parts with the 930 so they are much more expensive than you would think. The reliability issues aren't directly about the turbo hardware but the extra stuff around it to manage the engine.

If I bought a 924 it would be converted to megasquirt straight away, that's what I do to all of my turbo project cars. Standalone is just superior to old electronics. I've been using megasquirt since it was new, MS2 and MS3 are very capable and cost effective, there is just a steep learning curve.

saved,

That's what I'm using MS2 v3.0, I'm starting with the ignition and once that's settled I'll be doing EFI. The result should be a more efficient, reliable, powerful and easier to work on car.

meant for

I miss my gsr