Vw hate?

Vw hate?
Why is there so much hate for Volkswagens on this board. My experience with them has been top tier, I've owned a couple mk4's and they've treated me extremely well and were fun to drive. One even saved my life. Attractive, well built, etc. I fail to see a flaw

This, my 04 TDI is bullet proof

Veeky Forums hate german cars

MK4:

Window motor failure everywhere
Water leaks into the cabin are extremely common
Coolant hoses that love to get emotional
Hope you enjoy replacing every sensor in the engine
Dual mass flywheel so no machining it lol
Trip computer display that fucking disappears if it gets too hot
Hope you enjoy your car drinking oil on the regular.

MK4? Lol no.

How bout MK1s cuh? What you got on them?

Never owned one or had any friends that did. Sorry m8.

find me a mk4 that doesn't have electrical issues

i have friends that have had 4-5 mk4s each and they all had electrical gremlins

because
>not nihhonjin

don't stress too hard about it

Mine doesn't. It also doesn't leak or any of the other stupid shit listed. Literally 0 issues if you maintain it.

> MK4
> Good

oh, you must be 16

Volkswagens are pretty shit, like chrysler-tier shit, but it's the fanbase that gets them even more hate. VW fans are cringeworthy as fuck, go on some VW forums, it's awful, worse than Honda, BMW, Toyota, you name it

>German """""""""""""""enginiggering"""""""""""""

Car brand of the white bitch and numales.

>any Jetta
get out

MK4 golfs are pretty based tho, especially the tdis.
The one I had was really reliable, had to change one of the sensors shortly after I bought it (used), but was fine otherwise.

Citation needed on the Chrysler comment.

Dont hate vw but neither specialy like them
Bought a golf 7 tdi 2.0 factory brand new because i could get it for cheap.
Literally did nothing and it has almost 60k km on it. Runs fine. Uses 6 liter on city.
Uses 6.5 when you beat it. Very nice.
But jesus compared to my 2004 e320 cdi this shit feels super rough to drive. I feel every bump. But only if i remind myself of the mercedes

Had a base model golf, totalled when someone hit my driver door, bought a Jetta with every option and the 1.8 to replace it.

My buddies GTI that he's put 30k on after buying it with 90k.
My wife's Jetta wagon that we've put 63K on since we bought it with 20k on it a few years ago (grandmas car).
Nothing but early oil changes and gas...

Jettas are literally Golfs with a trunk stitched to the back and a different front.

Mk5, big turbo. Twice the power it comes from the factory with. Never had a problem.

want a mk4 1.8t golf and planning on chipping it, how fucked am I?

Theres not that much hate against VWs, the hate is much more towards the fucktards that glow about owning Audis thinking they own something more exclusive and premium while they're nothing else than rebadged VW's.

because this is a website for weebs and burgerfuckers

>fwd

2003 B5.5 Passat with 30-valve V6, got it to 224K miles

* 6 N80 valves/evap canisters
* 3 O2 sensors
* 2 sets catalytic converters
* 2 batteries
* PCV Valve
* Valve cover gaskets
* water pump (outside of TBWP service)

This is on top of the damage I did myself, as well as the normal wear-and-tear parts.

That being said, it was a fun as fuck car to drive, it was just a freakin maintenance hog

This is what I replaced the Passat with. I know its a rebadged VW, but I wanted a made-in-Germany car, not that NMS crap made in Chattanooga for Burgerland roads.

I just bought a 2016 golf and so far it's fun as shit

>MK4
>Fun to drive

you've never driven anything good, have you user

'90s Jettas made in Mexico were not very reliable, and we're cheaply made is what I've heard and seen.

I'm looking to buy an mk4 golf and test drove one today I found. Has 160k on it and I feel like I'm making a terrible financial decision but want to do it anyway. Someone convince me otherwise please.

Good thing it's not from the 90's

Depends how much you're spending

So much fail here.
- regulators fail, motors rarely
- water leaks are rare
- hoses are fine, its the plastic that gets brittle and leaks
- only some of them had dual mass flywheels. they do their job fine.

Mine was pretty alright. No electrical gremlins but it did spit out the starter from time to time.

I've never had any major issues with them, every car my parents have owned has been a VW, only real issue we have had with them is rust. I have a 78 bus, and am going to be putting a motor in the MK1 rabbit GTI racecar we have lying around.

Let's be honest
The buses and vanagons are the sexiest things VW has ever made

I love my mk5 GTI but I acknowledge its shortcomings.

>The FSI engine tries to sudoku itself between the cam follower, diverter valve, and PCV
>the door jam drains water and in the winter freezes at the corner and can bend door edge, thankfully volkswagen fixes it for free
>the stock sound system is somewhere between a wet jizz rag and my asshole
>I'm not sure how they made a 2 door hatch weigh 3000lbs

>electrical issues
Posting from my 01 Wolfsburg with 218k miles
No electrical issues. Only thing that needs fixed is a small vacuum leak and possibly a MAF sensor replaced.

I wouldn't confuse "sexiness" with "high level of utility", but yes, the buses and vanagons are some of their best products.

Yeah my parents have a Vanagon, still aircooled not the waterboxer

>Implying they don't look good
They're fuckin beautiful friendo
best

So beautiful that taggers gotta fuck with them.

Whhyyyyyy
it'll buff out :^)

Graffiti wipes work awesome

>Why is there so much hate for Volkswagens on this board

They made what, TWO good cars? the mk1 golf and the phaeton. Everything else has been grocery fetcher garbage fuck volkswagen.

>just found out those were a thing
my newfag is showing even after 2 years

>Phaeton
what

Sure they look good, but they're not sexy. A Jaguar E-Type is sexy.

Fair enough, I guess
On a related note I saw someone with a MK4 Golf that was fully plasti dipped today

Have fun buying a Phaeton and paying super car prices to repair it.

>mfw

Saw a fully dipped Corrado a while back. It looked good from 20 feet away, but as you got closer you see that it was applied poorly. No prep work done on the body, so they basically just trapped a bunch of dirt and shit underneath it.

Volkswagen's attempt at a flagship luxury sedan, I'm pretty sure it's just an A8. They are ultra rare

The Phaeton is an Audi for people who aren't badge whores. I would not be opposed to owning one.

Especially one with dat W12. That's 3/4 of a Bugatti Veyron under the hood. Fuck yeah.

What good car does vw make? The Beatle is the only piece of shit that you still see on the road other than tdis but the body is shot.

It's like a poor man's Honda

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAA

They're much more attention grabbing too if that's what you're after. never have seen a Phaeton in my life but I've seen many a8's. also yes, W12's sound god tier

Because they can never afford them and panic when they or their local mechanic can't work on them. German cars are extensively engineered and are designed by obsessive, math minded enthusiasts, that know what works and how to increase efficiency.

Asians either copy other countries and make it better (or worse), create girly accessory cars, or try and be appealing with uncomfortably weird styling. They also have a very different culture and work ethics to the rest of the world.

Pretty much every other country is a mix of laziness, poor manufacturing, cash grabbing, and the occasional good design that is loveable, but really not all that good.

my vw has been just as reliable as my dads corolla. in fact this corolla cost more to fix because it had the AC replaced

My 2004 Seat Ibiza FR 1.8T is a pretty solid car. Only big problem so far is that the stock water pump with the PLASTIC impeller exploded and I had to replace it. Was a dirty job. Runs beautifully now though.

Might be better to use an a3, less likely to be beaten on already and can be had with quattro

I hate VW gearboxes, same goes for Mercedes and BMW. Plus their upkeep is kinda expensive in the US because "hurdurhurr GERMAN ENGINEERING hurdurr hur"
I think they're pretty ugly and their following is a fucking cult.

The only VW that I'd ever want to own is a fucking Scirocco cause it's the only sexy car VW ever made, and it;s a massive piece of shit.

Got an 04 2.8v6 passat I daily into Boston, it drinks zero oil and I've got 161k miles on it. Great car.

Generally dislike some smaller things like the brakes being worse than my old e34 but overall satisfied. The suspension is so fine tuned I don't need to touch the steering wheel to drive straight. It's stock

My 2012 Passat TDI manages to keep up with my driving style and my friends various cars. Be it an frs with fat tires and many suspension mods or an sti pushing 16psi it still can hold its own in the low speed cornering despite its massive size. Running with balled front stock 235s and brown rear shocks I managed to Slay my friend with a combination of countersteer, throttle control, weight transfer, and course knowledge. As a daily I get a theoretical 795 miles per tank. I think it's an excellent car and I love it dearly.

Oh yeah, the other day I saw 2 Phaetons, both were V10 TDI. What the fuck is up with this shit?

To answer your question, this site is made up mostly of Americans, whose VWs were assembled by Mexicans. Which is why they think the build quality is shit.

Also, they are "people's cars". They're not made to have fun. They are made for A->B transportation. And we like special snowflake cars and cars that are fun.

In Europe VWs are USA Honda/Toyota tier. Cheap to fix and mostly reliable. Owned by masses.

So what are you going to do when the settlement with VW is reached? I don't think you have very many options.

24V VR6 6 speed is god teir fun when chipped with an exhaust. The sound alone is worth it.

You're delusional if you think a crappy diesel fwd is going to keep up with an sti or even a toyobaru with anyone even remotely capable behind the wheel.

You talk like a crown vic owner.

A Golf can be fun?

Oh and also I myself hate VW for literally killing gasoline engines and all their sub-brands. Audi used to be actually decent. FSI engines are expensive to fix and burn oil. They're starting to be pretty overpriced though. Skodas are the best option right now.

Yeah I'm fucked. It car is nerfed from the factory with extensive emissions equipment and can only be suppressed further by the fix. The fun couldn't last I suppose, so I'll be buying a second car in the coming months. It still should be on the top of its class as a commuter, like it was designed for, just not quite as fun around town.

I'll admit the frs coasts when I drive with him because it's so slow and the sti guy can't drive.

The fuck? You aren't going to be forced to do anything if you own a tdi