How?

I want to attend a Bilderberg conference, simple as that. How on Earth do these people come up with these historically profitable ideas? Pic related was just an attention-grabbing example, but still. I'm an easily content person in the day-to-day with little (read: zero) friends, so a social network would've never crossed my mind, nor does a lot of "why hasn't anybody thought of this before?" sorts of ideas.

How does a person develop an eye for niches like that? Is it something you simply either have or don't?

Other urls found in this thread:

startupclass.samaltman.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah most successful people like this are born with a gift for abstract thought that allows them to come up with solutions to problems that have not been thought of before.

you can train yourself to think outside the box and solve problems more. google "improving abstract thought/reasoning" you should find some stuff.

you can be successful by practicing and working for it, but for most they were just gifted with a high functioning brain.

What a shitty misfortune. Ah, well.

I suspect 2facedbook and IBM's handoff of DOS to Bill are much larger than one person. In fact I suspect many of these schemes are hatched in spooky covert think tanks along with the manufacture of nitwit philanthropists to play proxy with. Who knows, they may even believe they are the ones with great fortune and really did spawn these massive machinations oblivious to the hidden hands all around them? The perfect idiots.

>How on Earth do these people come up with these historically profitable ideas?
>How does a person develop an eye for niches like that?

Find some MBA Chads and steal their idea :^)

Srs tho, fagbook was not a new concept. It was just created under extremely lucky circumstances and the founding team was extremely dedicated and resourceful.

So the answer to your question is become a really smart and capable person and get really lucky.

There never was a problem; nobody needed Facebook. He imposed a product that caught on through luck, good timing, etc.

Also, he is considered to have ripped it off from a Harvard social app.

>Lucky

I mean, part of that was strategy, right? At least in creating something, new or not, that people wanted.

I'm literally incapable of thinking in such a way, at least, I think. I can think of things that I personally would like, but none of those things are particularly marketable or popular because I'm am introverted autist lol.

I feel like he can't possibly care any less from his position.

>I can think of things that I personally would like, but none of those things are particularly marketable or popular because I'm am introverted autist lol.

There's plenty of others like you, so there's always a market. And because you understand yourself so well, you can make something that introverted autists really love.

The first 15 minutes of the first video here will probably answer more of your questions than 10 similar threads could, user.
startupclass.samaltman.com/

there was a 'problem'. people wanted to talk more about themselves and look at pictures of their friends and relatives in an easier way than was currently available. facebook gave people an outlet for their narcissism and allowed them to feel more connected to their family and friends with less effort.

if you're point is he never had to think outside the box for the duration of his career, that's ridiculous. but yes he borrowed the idea and improved upon it.

>improved upon it

facebook didn't improve upon existing social networks, it actually was a downgrade featurewise for some time even after it became #1. I suspect that the forced homogeneity of pages is what appealed the most to normies, who felt bad because they couldn't figure out how to customize a myspace page.

This is pretty accurate. The majority of the population LOVE having their hand held through everything they're using, so if you can find a way to make a simple product even simpler than you competitor, even if it means sacrificing some customization, you will always beat them out with the late majority crowd

Facebook wasn't developed for that reason, it was adopted for that reason. It's like cannabis, it was originally used to get high but adopted to ease pain. Or Walmart, developed originally to sell US made products at low prices but adopted to sell chinese junk.

It's all about timing and location. If he never went to Harvard he would of never made the app or even if he made it there would be no amazing team to support its rise and no fanbase. If the internet wasn't as developed as it was he wouldnt have been able to make it or No one would have cared. If mark suckerburg never made it someone else would have eventually. There are 7 billion people in the world as soon as an opportunity becomes available someone, usually many people, try to take it. Being smarter just means you learn things faster that's it. It does give you a very slight edge but not by much. If the information is out there in a way that is easy to learn anyone can understand how facebook or anything for that matter operates. It's less about who made it and more about when and where.

This 100%. It had alot to do with the news feed making it easy to see what your friends wete saying in a continuous timeline on the newsfeed without having to click through every friend. Also, the news industry was spreading the creation of a popular social network that came from Harvard so everyone thought it was special. Then advertisers learned that you could shovery politics and and advertisements down people's throats because of a newsfeed. You could make special interest pages to connect classmates and students to businesses or schools or other groups. And that's where the money came from. People didn't stop using it because they realized they could make a lot of money doing virtually nothing.

Thanks for the post, user.

Veeky Forums and IC are probably the most constructive of the profession boards. /po/ is the best hobby board.

>want to attend a Bilderberg conference
good luck with that

>didn't improve on it
>wildly more successful

yeah you probly right. or maybe you're getting caught up in what you classify as an improvement. there's more to success than features and technical specs e.g. aesthetics, ease of use, etc.

that's exactly the reason he considered it an idea worth devoting his time and attention to

Thanks! I figure I've got 40-50 more years of trying.

It didn't help that Myspace was changing its layout in godawful ways. They basically started stripping the good features, then when Facebook started to pass them as the go-to social media they panicked and revamped the site so hard it didn't look like Myspace, so people said fuck it and left.

I've always been curious about Facebook's defeat of Myspace, but was too young to really witness it.

success =/= quality

This is another thing I've noticed. While I'm sure smarter assholes than me have actually coined a term, I just call it the McDonald's phenomena.

McDonald's is considered a step above garbage in terms of their burgers, but they're the most successful burger joint in history. As opposed to some three star Michelin restaurant with a kobe beef patty and blah blah.

Part of that can be attributed to price and ease of access.

But it's something I feel like is valuable knowledge, even if I can't see how to apply it: You can catch far more people with an accessible, mediocre product than an esoteric but high quality one.

>I can think of things that I personally would like, but none of those things are particularly marketable or popular because I'm am introverted autist lol.
The autist market is worth a lot of money. Autists often work at or close to minimum wage, but they also receive government money and frequently live with their parents, so they have a lot of disposable income.
The Japanese know this but the autist market is criminally under-utilized in the West.

Pro tip: Abamdom that dream.

Really? I always assumed our domestic NEET/Autist market was already cornered by Japan, or fandoms in general. I've never really thought there's some sort of key niche that a single product can snag all of autistdom with.