2012 Audi A4

What does Veeky Forums think about buying a 2012 Audi A4 with 36k miles?

I currently have a 2012 Honda civic with 23k miles. I like the idea of AWD, heated leather seats and 211 HP. Plus the audio look classy as fuck.

Don't ask Veeky Forums about Audi EVER.

>VW with a """"luxury"""" badge and a price premium to match
lmaoooo

Forgot to mention the price is 23k and it has a certified pre owned warranty.

Wtf is wrong with Audi?

Nice Passat bro.

the price seems a bit high, check it with kbb or something
But honestly they are fine cars, not worth the hate they get here. Not super fast but comfy and the audio systems are pretty good even withought the upgrade. My wife has had a 2011 for the past 3 years, only needed regular maintenence so far.

>buying an audi

Well go ahead I guess, but you will only make that mistake once, first hand experience with electrical gremlins that don't even make sense, parts so retardedly expensive that even the local dealers use custom fab on repairs. The AWD barely makes a difference aside from adding weight, reducing MPG and making the engine bay a nightmare to work on.

Avoid if you aren't retarded, everyone will think its daddy's money anyway.

What is Veeky Forums's obsession with Volkswagen? They are shit cars only an autistic from Reddit would like.

like every other german car they are built for profit . everything starts to break after warranty thats why people only LEASE them. they have low resale value. if you want something more nice then get a lexus or infinite. or get the newer accords

CPO fucks you. the salesman will tell you "you are always covered" but the service advisor will say otherwise

So what's a good car then you autist?

Audis are literally overpriced VWs. Pure badgewhore bait.

Veeky Forums doesn't like VW, so Veeky Forums likes Audi even less.

see You'd probably be better off staying with your reliable Honda with less mileage than buying an overengineered, premium badged german "people's car".
You came to the automotive enthusiast board to ask about literally the most boring car in the world.
>Veeky Forums's obsession with VW
Fuck off newfag. But to answer your question, they're decent econoboxes and well made (except for the Mexican made Amerilard models).
>called out for considering a shitty boring car on an automotive enthusiast board
>THEN WAT CAR IS GUD
You too fuck off.

>cars are built for profit
What car isn't? Furthermore what consumer item isn't built for profit? Retard

Veeky Forums only loves honda

honda is love, honda is life

>literally asking "wat car is good"

They all have their faults, I gave an anecdote of my experience with Audi and why buying one is a bad idea.

I'm not here to spoonfeed you car recommendations, fucking mongoloid.

Go fucking buy one if you are that stubborn and in need of more migrains.

>this post

>enthusiast board
>shilling the hell out of Honda

jap cars last much longer then nazi cars retard. what i ment was [germans] engineer their cars to break so you can keep bringing them to the dealership. like BMW uses a fucking plastic water pump for gods sake. scotty kilmer talks about this all the time. even tho he is bias towards germans cars everything he says is right about them, they are money pits

You sound like you are the spitting image of Reddit. I bet you are a Bernie supporter. I don't give a fuck what you autist think. I'm buying an Audi. IMO the new Honda civics look like shit on the front and back of the cars but I bet you fedora wearing anime enthusiasts love the car.

>classy as fuck

You mean daddy's little princess had a 16th birthday

>trying this hard

And jap cars aren't built for profit? Double retard

>german overengineering
Has been infamous longer than anyone on Veeky Forums has been around

Have some on the house friends.

>I'm buying an Audi.
get ready to get that asshole torn by those repair bills boy

>I don't give a fuck what you autist think
then why do you want our opinion then?

>jap cars aren't built for profit?

yes but they LAST unlike german cars.

It'll be comfy and looks alright. That's about it. More expensive to maintain as it ages and parts will cost an arm and a leg. AWD won't make a real difference at that horsepower. You'll regret the leather in summer.

It's just a fancier commuter than the Civic.

>my shit is supposed to fall apart as soon as warranty runs out
>it's just profit duh, everyone does it

I probably came to the wrong website to ask for car advice. I forgot this is a Japanese image board where artists have anime body pillows and are obsessed with Japan. None of you would know class if it hit you in the face. Im buying the Audi. Anything a bunch of artists like you hate must be good.

>>my shit is supposed to fall apart as soon as warranty runs out
>>it's just profit duh, everyone does it
Nice strawman

Go to /a/ right now and ask them if they like Johnny Bravo, the reaction will be the same
Please go and stay go thank you

People will forgive you anything but success. Go for it. Buy car that you like and let poorfags live in their delusions like Honda or leather strapped Toyota.

Real enthusiasts would like cars for many reasons including the looks. People here are some of enviest motherfuckers you'll find on site.

Audi is shit.

There's nothing luxurious or sporty about a 4-cylinder, fwd biased, understeering car.

Get a c300 or g37 in manuel.

>Audi is shit

No they aren't. They make cheaper cars with smaller displacements and less luxury but that doesn't make them shit. And almost every major brand makes some cheaper cars because they need to sell more cars to stay in business.

forgot pic related

>The AWD barely makes a difference aside from adding weight, reducing MPG and making the engine bay a nightmare to work on.
lol. Quattro blasts through the snow better than my AWD Explorer did, I get 30mpgs, and it doesn't affect the engine bay whatsoever. You're smoking crack if you think these things are hard to work on.

>nothing luxurious or sporty about a 4-cylinder, fwd biased, understeering car.
its a turbo car. its as sporty as you feel like making it. suspension, sways, bigger turbo, tune, meth, etc and itll leave any car twice the price in the dust.

>get ready to get that asshole torn by those repair bills boy
i love how audis are simultaneously 'just vws/seats with leather interiors' and 'rape your ass with repair bills'. sharing parts with cheaper cars makes these things cheap as fuck to repair. go try to find parts for a merc or bmw that are cheaper than parts for an a4.

lol.

P A S S A T
A
S
S
A
T

>rebadged Gallardo
>BUT AUDI IS GUD GUISE, HONESTLY
rofl

>a car that's similar to a Lamborghini is bad
nice meme

>modding an audi
The engine is in the wrong place. the weight distribution sucks. Sure you can mod it but you won't be able to get rid of the push entirely and a modded 3-series with the same amount spent will smoke it on a track. but then you're buying a shitty bmw without a dipstick unless you go E46.

335s are great cars, but are more comparable to an s4, not an a4. yet still, 90% of the ones i see at the track are running high 12s while im running mid 12s. to go faster they need bigger turbos, which are a huge pain in the ass and the tuning for them is a nightmare. compared to my a4 which still runs and drives like stock when i want it to.

and since completely redoing the suspension it doesnt understeer at all. if i lose traction around a turn im pushing on all fours.

granted none of these arguments apply to a stock a4, which if i had to drive id trade it in for something better. but this is a car enthusiast forum. who the fuck is keeping their car stock?

Track as in a road course, not drag racing. And who the fuck is keeping their car stock? Me. The most i'd do is an exhaust and better tires.

well mr i keep my cars stock, to buy a car that'll outdo a properly modded a4 youll need to spend a lot more money than i did.

serious question, whats the cheapest stock mid-12 second car you can buy? i bet its not $20k, and i bet it wont be half as nice to drive as an a4.

>the idea of 211 HP
>211 HP

>a car that's mostly a Lambo is an Audi which means Audi is good
audifags are this fucking desperate

>Real enthusiasts
>mfw

>People here are some of enviest motherfuckers you'll find on site

holy shit we are just trying to help the guy out but the truth hurts to most people. oh well its his money, dont say we didnt warn you OP.

mechanical is one thing but good luck with electrical, especially when only the dealer can do X thing. when i used to work for benz, cars that were fixed on outside shops were always fucked because with these cars, at least benz and i'm pretty sure these too modules are never plug and play. they have to be programmed to the car

lol i died

thanks user

the only b8 ive seen on the forums with electrical problems is some guy who brought his car for service and the tech left an oil rag on his exhaust manifold, which ignited and melted half his engine wiring harness. the b7 in that pic has had its fair share though. some due to faulty design, some due to operator error, but theyre a thing of the past as of 2009.

and what do you mean by "these too modules are never plug and play. they have to be programmed to the car"? ive done a lot of work on this car and the only things ive had to program in are factory options i added (ie paddle shifters) and of course the custom tuning ive done.

these too as in audi.

the control modules your car has. if one of them frys. they have to be brought to the dealership, from my experience at least. i remember at my old job i had a S550 in which the COMAND did not work. the guy told the service advisor he brought it to a outside shop but they did not know what to do. being a mercedes it has a shitload of software some which only a dealer scan tool can access. we replace the module and the new module has to be "married" to the car. so if the module is stolen or whatever it can not be used with another car. and mercedes HQ keeps records of all of this.

Ah I gotcha. Well I've never had anything like that go on any of them. We have this thing though called vcds (vag-com) which is an obd2 port coding tool that can do essentially anything a dealership can do. It's only like $300, too.

>It's only like $300
the point is my friend not everybody has access to this or is willing to spend that money on a one time use. at least we know about cars unlike a non car person. most people come here asking us about luxury cars. but when we give them a red pill on how they are money pits they get pissed and call us haters

and like i said dealers dont give out all of their software to aftermarket companys. my old foreman had a hack laptop with legit mercedes software so he was always busy doing outside jobs but a person like that is hard to come by. if only i was a service advisor because they always have sweet storys about people thinking they are saving money by letting outside shops doing this or that on their car only to make it worse then what it already was or not working at all

>literally every part will expire after 6 years of mild driving
>gutless like all shitty engines that require a turbo to make pwer
>depreciate quicker than a pamper receiving a steaming load of baby shit

with that said, you'll earn mad street cred n maek poorfags hella jelly

2012 was the facelift year that fixed everything about the B8 series, so it's a good buy.

The only complaint about my 2011 A4 is that it uses lug bolts instead of lug nuts.

It's actually quite a good car. Only things to watch out for are weak water pumps and the frankly catastrophic oil consumption issue. My 2.0 had to have the engine rebuilt because of the amount it was burning. Thankfully I bought it after this work had already been done and got a used sedan with nearly a brand new engine. tl;dr is it's solidly built but you get out what you put in.

>Lexus
>Infiniti
>nice

Pick one.

lmao

do it.

>buying a four year old Audi
I mean, if you're planning to sell it in a year, it's okay. But it's around this time they start needing repairs, and on Audi's that's expensive.

Driving comfort and pleasure is outstanding though.

I got a CPO B7 A4 when I graduated high school. thing was solid as a rock other than the engine coils. Clutch went out within a month of me buying it, but that was probably the previous owner

was the clutch covered in warranty? assuming you can drive stick correctly the dealer should have replaced it if its not your fault