So I'm currently developing an app and just found out that yesterday someone uploaded an app that does almost exactly...

So I'm currently developing an app and just found out that yesterday someone uploaded an app that does almost exactly the same thing.

Before that there was not a single app that was similar to mine.

However the uploaded app doesn't work (Facebook only login says it is in development mode and you can't get in) and it has zero advertisement
>no facebook page
>no website
>nothing in google searches

Additionally the developer of said app has one more released social media app that is completely dead and that tells me it also had 0 marketing funding (however the app is okayish made).

Should I be worried Veeky Forums? Can I still make it with bigger marketing campaign?

No cause now it'll look like you copied him...
UNLESS...
Rock solid proof you were working on yours first...
UNLESS...
He happened to start his first.

It's a gamble. Up2u
>mfw this has happened numerous times to me

there are many apps offering the same features, but there is often a huge difference in the number of downloads, so id say you can still make it

> it'll look like you copied
That doesn't matter

I'm generally worried that they might actually have some funds for advertisement this time and will go big before me. If it stays the way it is now it shouldn't be a problem since nobody will hear about the app.

> Rock solid proof you were working on yours first...

why does that matter?

Who cares? What matters if you keep pushing updates. The other developer has already proved to have a shitty app.

Have a quality product and you'll be fine.

I was so motivated because I couldn't find app with same features, now I'm beginning to doubt in the whole thing. Do you think solid marketing campaign with a lot of funds will cause my app to beat theirs? (considering that I'm doing better job at engineering and developing my product)

It was uploaded to AppStore literally yesterday and I'm worried that they are just setting things up

If you execute your app better, you can still beat them in market share. Honestly in the app market, if there's only one competitor, you're doing pretty good

Fuck that shit Op go for it. A look at the code can tell you didn't copy and don't worry about the other app, stay focused.

>tfw making a mobile game and found out somebody used the same gameplay idea as me after I started working on mine

luckily it was all in russian and it got taken down off the play store, kek

thank you anons for encouragement, I'm going to work and try even harder, the situation is as scaring as it is motivating at the same time.

>thinks normies cared about these things

Flappy Bird ripped off the ribbon game that was on old flip phone cell phones. Look at that.

If the uploaded app doesn't work then it doesn't do the thing that your app can do. Unless your app also doesn't work. Fruit-to-muffin doesn't always win. Most of the time the thing that functions as desired wins. Just put your head down and make sure your shit works before you release it. Code like your life depends on it. Sleep, eat, ride a bike for an hour, work your 9-5 (if you have one) and then every other hour is not spent on Veeky Forums, on bullshit subreddits. It's spent coding you monkey brained son of a bitch.

Uploaded app doesn't work YET, I fear it might soon.

Mine is still under development, need a month or two to finish but so far it works like a charm.

>monkeybrained
I'm doing what I can to not become pajeet-like code monkey that works in a corporation.

What do you have against corporations? I work for one as a software dev and it is a very nice job. If your app does something completely novel then run for it but most apps are built on the shoulders of the protocol and hardware api devs and aren't worth the shitty hours/low pay/low equity that start-ups offer.

you have no case against him unless you can prove that he in fact has had and did witness your app prior to his creation of it. and it also goes vis versa. your best bet is literally to drop this thread, and make your app more popular until a suit from him comes up, in which case you deny all foreknowledge of his app, that you created it on your own in person, and that due to your dated proof of creation in a court of law, you are the sole owner of the intellectual property.

Here in Eastern Europe average salary is like $15000 a year and prices for products are the same as in America (maybe except for food and rent), go figure. And I aspire to be highly above average, millionaire if you will.

Solid software dev/ engineer job in north-cal would still be a great thing though.

I'm not afraid of anything law-related. I'm afraid of them getting big before me and claiming most of the market

How do you think Apple made it big? You think they were the first?

Come to Sydney Australia, we have a lot of software jobs. Good hours too so you can work on your project while in your spare time. 125k pa, 32 hours a week doing web application JavaScript development.

You'll be fine user. If you can make yours better why wouldn't they want yours? It not lik your "competitors" have any better. You better upload it quick before someone else cashes in.

>quick
This goddamn thing takes a lot of thinking to make it work perfectly, my mostly theoretical comp-sci major made me visualise every single detail and it can be annoying sometimes.

>"competitor" have it better
Well it doesn't work now, I am going to monitor the whole thing every day though

>You'll be fine
Thanks, I hope so

Cannibalize them. Start getting all of their names on SM and domains. Then charge them a fuck ton when they want to purchase them from you.

ideas = worthless

execution = money

Best I could do was claiming a few facebook and twitter pages since they already have booked domain (it's currently empty). Any idea what more I can do?

I am executing, looks like they too

Bullcrap m8
Don't come here OP, there's duck all.

this.