Greatest Jeep ever?

2 time Jeep owner here. Had a TJ in High School and now a JK in college. Even though my JK is better than my TJ in every way imaginable, I still miss my old TJ. Is the TJ the greatest Jeep ever made?

no. jk is obv.

for old wranglers i prefer the yj for some reason.

The best jeep is a ded jeep

It is the best. Period. Jks are meme mobiles with chrysler town and country boat anchor engines. The fact you think it's better shows you don't know shit about jeeps

>2DR Soft Top Manual with 300HP V6

>0-60 in 6.5 secs

This Jeep has much more power stock than in it than any other stock configuration in a CJ/Wrangler.

I'll tell you what was a fucking boat anchor, though. A 4.0 TJ with a lift and 35's at 6500 feet. Great offroad, could barely get above 55 on the interstate.

everything about the jk is better. the engine, the stock axles, the wheelbase, the suspension. everything.

If I could get a TJ with the injected I-6 with a CJ7 or YJ interior, I'd be one happy man.

>mall crawler, the post

>buying a jeep for the interstate.
If you just wanna go top less and feel the wind through your hair than buy a miata faggot.

early JK's were shittier than the TJ in every way though

? I offroad all the time.

the jk isn't better stock than mine, but it's definitely the best stock jeep by fucking leaps and bounds.

>High Schooler drives Jeep as a daily driver
>Doesn't drive it offroad 24/7
>Takes it to MOAB more times than your average Jeeper ever will
>Complains about not being able to hit interstate speed without redlining engine

>"You're a faggot OP buy a Miata"

Alright, user.

>JK
>best wrangler
>not just a boat on wheels
ishygddt

This guy gets it

>DDing a jeep
You clearly don't even know what purpose built vehicles are
>brb DDing my geared stroked and supercharged 1800hp muscle car.
>the new chevy Malibu is better than the chevelle in every way

I swear you kids are retarded on this board.
Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean it's bad.

stock for stock it's objectively the best offroad.
and it's objectively a better base for modification.

all serious yj and tj builds get stretched anyway..

>chrystler
>any year

might as well shoot heroin

I'd rather drive something like a Hellcat that actually functioned on the road, rather than some afro-engineered Merlin V-12 Dodge Magnum that shakes everytime you hit a pothole because the track bar isn't even bolted on. Samely, I also wouldn't want to drive a TJ with a 15:1 1st gear on 45" iroks everday.

Purpose built cars are nice but not everyone needs 2000hp or a 36 inch lift to have a capable vehicle.

>Im a casual

as long as it's not starwood motors BS

I actually have the Jeep you mentioned. 300hp 2Dr, soft-top 6-speed manual (I also have a soft-top NA miata, call me a fag, I don't care).

My Jeep is all-around significantly slower in real situations than the miata because the engine makes no power until over 5k RPM, and since it's such a high / soft vehicle it feels, idk, "awkward" redlining the shit out of it.

Can it do 0-60 in 6.5s? I'm sure, but the power peaks so hard that the body / suspension unsettle a bit. It's fine in a straight line on pavement but I'd be weary about WOT redlining through a bunch of corners on gravel.

At 3k RPM in 5th with a hill coming up in normal road driving, you pretty much have to downshift to not slow down. My 1.8 miata can take the same hills in 5th at 2.4k (and 5th is it's top gear) without downshifting. My JK is certainly capable off-road in 4-Low but since mine doesn't have all the LSDs it isn't exceptional.

Also, you can disable the TCS (and you have to do so every time you drive -_-) but not the stability control (except in 4-Low) without also taking out the ABS... I know 99% of new vehicles are like this but FUCK stability control so hard. That said ABS isn't really a big deal to me either...

>tfw your straight 6 AMC engine is still marching on

JK's are fuckin junk.

All wranglers are objectively junk, but TJ's were junk in a loveable way. It feels like a piece of machinery.

JK's are for moms, gym bros, and mall crawling faggots.

this

I own a TJ and I'll be the first to admit that the new JKs are better in almost every way. However, the simplicity of the TJ and lack of any drivers aids makes it a blast to drive.

I prefer older jeeps before the Evan hardy and tap out t shirt phenomenon hit the scene. Same with no fear t shirts. That was when jeeps became bad.

I like CJs personally but the TJ is probably beter.

CJ7 is olev
The guages and pull knobs make you feel like you're flying an airplane

My resto in progress. Planning on redoing the suspension and steering over the 4th of july vacation week.

I like my grand cherokee, but Chrysler messed with it too much.

that thing is a heap of shit

do you like aluminum D44 rear?
do you like replacing shit that leaks all day?
do you like to fear going over 4000 RPM due ot mystery engine metal?
do you like 4x4 gerotor LSD which isn't serviceable?

>do you like aluminum D44 rear?
It looks like steel to me, hard to tell with all the dirt and such
>do you like replacing shit that leaks all day?
Nothing leaks
>do you like to fear going over 4000 RPM due ot mystery engine metal?
If I'm doing 4k rpm in a jeep I'm doing something horribly wrong
>do you like 4x4 gerotor LSD which isn't serviceable?
No clue

Wrangler supremacist

Damn dude the guy didn't say he had the world's greatest vehicle the fuck k is your problem?

You're right, it's much better than what you drive