Toyota Yaris

would this be a little fun canyon carver? they can be had for dirt cheap, with decent aftermarket supports (suspension, turbo kits, etc..), on top of being lightweight (2300lbs ish).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N98s2nVPa4U
youtu.be/g8HGbIbcuFo?t=7m37s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=N98s2nVPa4U

197whp with a snail

if you could get it up to like 150hp yeah.

Is this the closest thing we can get to a suzuki swift in america?

No. You could buy a E46 for the same or less money and have a way better platform for mods.

yes the aftermarket is pretty silly considering the type of car it is
i think it's because the engine was used in racing or something

Yeah but then you'd be driving an E46 and people would laugh at you for driving a slow piece of shit

the question wasn't what could I get for x amount of money benchracer.

Do it faggot

>talking about building a canyon carver
>suggest car that's better for carving canyons
>hurr durr benchracer
kill yourself.

It can fit a 1.6/1.8 corolla engine that never was offered in America. Make a yaris s with a 6speed Mt and corolla suspension.

Some people don't want the best, they want to enjoy themselves.

OP here, i dont want BMW even if it's a better platform. I'm a fan of lightweight hatchback, and I want something that doesnt break the bank when things go south.

pretty much. the mazda 2 and scion iM are the next closest thing, but those only come in 4 door in the U.S.

The tricky part is keeping the BMW running for more than a month at a time.

well memed friend. they're worth a marginal increase in running costs.

you're benchracing in a thread that isn't about benchracing.

no shit you can buy a base e46 and make it into twice the car a yaris could ever dream of being and for less money, but that isn't the point.

I think you'd be better served with a CRX or Civic Hatch personally.

except then mexicans would steal it.

Get the yaris just because
>Small 2door modern hatch

It's like the smallest car from before fiat started selling here. You could get a smart car but then have to worry about tipping over.

Op didn't say what car is gud, or bench race me. Talk about ups and downs of having the only cool yaris.

i will start looking for one in black and manual. i've done some readings and people are getting 180-200whp reliably with stock internals on 8-10 psi, which is good news. plus, used 1NZ-FE is only like $500 on ebay in case if i blow it up.

if you can get a first gen one, you can actually put in a 1zz or 2zz with little effort, so you can make tons more power. they share some of the same transmissions, so you can use the same axle shafts and everything, all you need is engine mounts and your basically done.

Mazda 2

better or worse?

way better to drive

but keep in mind with all the time and MONEY you'll spend on sikk mahdz you might be better off just picking up a stock used fiesta st/scion frs and have a far more capable car out the box

or shit even a used 2008.5+ gti

Id say better

>fiesta st
>gti
Pigfat junk

>fiesta st/scion frs
>gti
why do any of those when I can smoke pretty much anything in my eg hatch with just a few simple mods

Stop bench racing and get your imagination running. Fuck " out the Magazine" stats. Fuck your civic. We are talking about modifying the yaris. Yes a Mazda 2is a fiesta st without a body kit but its extremely prone to rollovers so it's banned from autocross without lowering the suspension. Probably not ideal for the touge.

a fiesta st is literally a mazda 2 with everything you could possibly want done to it already on there from the factory.

>stop bench racing
>LETS BUILD A CAR FOR TEH CANYONS XDDDDDDDD

no, fuck you, quit wasting your time. just buy a car that's already good out the box instead of ruining the resale of a perfectly good pizza delivery car

Did your dad beat you for wanting to be different?

Get an ep3 civic

damn that's cute

so is ur mum thats why i bought her just like im gonna buy a yaris ya fuckin knob

>fiesta st
Its utter shit though. It falls apart in the first 20k miles.
Fuck that shit.
>be good guy mazda
>help ford out with chassis and engine design
___
>be ford
>take excellent design that was handed to them and shove dick in it
>make everything extremely unreliable and shitty

ahh the crybabby mazda fangirl, we missed you

>cant handle facts
>better call him a cry baby

wow rewd

I don't know. Does it come with a 6 speed? I hope so... but it's probably a 5 speed.

What kind of suspension setup does it have?

Would putting a simple intake, exhaust, and tune net you an appreciable amount of power?

Is the steering a direct connect of some sort or drive by wire?

Get a civic instead.

Kill
Your
Self

the first gen yaris has the 5 speed that the celica, corolla, and matrix share. the front suspension is mcpherson, and rear is "twisty bar". simple intake and exhaust will net you almost no power, and you can't reprogram the stock ecu, you will have to switch to stand alone. steering is normal hydraulic power steering.

as I said here:since the transmission is the same as the celica, corolla, and matrix, you can swap in the larger engine, with almost no work. the 1zz will net you 40-50hp, and the 2zz will be almost double the hp on a car that weighs almost 2300lbs, making it really quick with either of the 2 engine options.

My fiesta at is at almost 60k and I've been tracking it almost completely stock, swapping brakes and tires as needed. Suspension will need some work here pretty soon, but that's literally the only thing that needs it.

So under HARD driving conditions, mine hasn't fallen apart in over three times what you quoted.

Ergo, into the trash your baseless opinion-stated-as-fact goes. But hey, everyone here was already aware that you have no real world experience with the platform.

Import swift, senpai.

But in all seriousnes, yaris t-sport was cash as fuck.

i have base model stock yaris

i don't like cars but it's fine

I've had the 1.0 as a rental car and it was crap power wise. My sister has the 1.33 Yaris and it's decent enough. Haven't driven it much but all I would say is upgrade the seats, there's no support in them whatsoever.

Never driven the T-sport so that might be better, but the normie spec cars aren't set up for serious corners.

>fiesta st
>pigfat
Lmao it could smoke a gayiata any day

>facts
>didnt post facts
Hahaha typical mazda fangirl

Toyota vitz 1.5 supercharged on the touge

youtu.be/g8HGbIbcuFo?t=7m37s

>heavier
>slower 0-60
>worse handling
>slower around tracks
>higher failure rate of parts
Yeah the fiesta is great

>2016
>making an FF heavier than FR
Holy fuck ford, what were you thinking?!

an e30 with mods would still be cheaper and better handling.

The Fiesta weighs less than a Toyobaru. Not much weighs less than a Miata. But you were only pretending to be retarded, right?

This is stock vs stock so before you say 'prius tires', the Fiesta has way more tuning on the table (220whp/270tq with bolt-ons and an eTune), and if we start modifying either car the Fiesta is the clear winner.

So at best it's a driver's race, at worst the Fiesta blows the 86/BRZ out of the water.

>he doesn't know every FF shitbox mazda currently makes is heavier than their RWD toy car

I might as well look up the FRS as well...

>The Fiesta weighs less than a Toyobaru
Hahahahaha nope
Sorry your FF shitbox is junk.
Why would anyone anyone buy a hopped up shitbox girls car over a RWD?
Ford makes cheap shit. Its been proven over and over

Pretty boring

>Hahahahaha nope

>2016 Scion FR-S/Curb weight
>2,758 to 2,806 lbs

>2016 Subaru BRZ/Curb weight
>2,764 to 2,824 lbs

>2016 Ford Fiesta ST/Curb weight
>2,720 lbs

You've heard of google, right?

>so before you say 'prius tires'
Quite the meme.