Why can't a car manufacturer make a vehicle that caters to a real car enthusiast? one that likes to work on his car...

why can't a car manufacturer make a vehicle that caters to a real car enthusiast? one that likes to work on his car, who doesn't have to order a special $1000 part from wing lu at james chadington's dealership? and instead of depreciating, it appreciates due to people appreciating how non-shit your car is?

something simple. rear wheel drive. limited slip. inline 4 or 6, both coming NA or FI. you get a double wishbone with coilovers. 2 seats & doors, manual 6 speed, that's it. nothing more or less. it doesn't have to be miata light or super torqey, but just don't make it busy as hell with features. i don't know why the market made this illusion that it's good competition to come up with gimmicks. it ruins the ride.

i know i sound like a hipster purist, but if it's any consolation, you can suck my balls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MXuz4QM2QCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

older hondas are designed to be easy to work on. all great men are dead. all the best cars are no longer in production.

im thinking of a s2k. is the f20c easy to work on per se?

us 90s kids xdd

A lot of makes have gone to shit but others such as Porsche have just gotten better over time.
>m-muh aircooled

>all the best cars are no longer in production
>the Ford GT weighs under 2800 lbs
>over 700 hp
You done shitposting yet?

porsche uses DCT and you think that's better? it takes away a lot of control from the driver for the sake of raw performance. only a benchracer cares about numbers more than what he has control over. they are powerful refined machines, but that's not saying anything about the satisfaction aspect. a wishbone that clings with a bit of candor from the design standpoint to me is more worthwhile than a clusterfuck multilink that requires nonlinear partial differential equations to calibrate. same with the engine.

are you even looking at it? i've seen printers with better contour design to them.

>rear wheel drive
Stop pretending to be a car enthusiast or pretending that you're that far north of age 20 moron.

Also, looking at this while ignoring your RWD obsession stupidity.
>RWD
>inline 4 or 6
>na or FI
>double wishbone with coilover
>2 seater
>6 speed mt
WOW IS THAT ALL
WHAT ELSE DOES LITTLE TIMMY WANT IN HIS DREAM CAR

t. Ferrari's marketing team

Do you have some sort of mental disorder or are you just on your period?

dude shut the fuck up. you're ripping on what is a basic list when that's the whole point. a basic car is all that's needed. you're the type of person i bet who goes for nikes that have a billion shades of red on them for no reason, with gimmick springs and pumps because it "gives you an edge". any basic sneaker does the same job while not making me wonder what the fuck i'm wearing. a car should follow a similar philosophy.

Because that demographic rarely spends money on new cars, the cost of which has generally increased for a multitude of reasons

If you think that's basic then you're retarded

They offer manual in all of their sports cars and admit pulling it from the GT3 was a mistake.
t. triggered civic driver/busrider

>headlights look like a frog pupil
>ecoboost engine

no
o

benchracer

explain to me how having an engine, differential, transmission, and suspension layout that's been around for decades, and has been mastered to the point of perfection, is not basic. i'll wait.

and it's fucking hideous. also, I'm pretty it's not as easy to work on as an older car. thats a car for people who have lots of money and no mechanical inclination

$$$$$$$$

>I-I THINK IT'S UGLY!!!
Yes, just like people who think the McLaren P1 or Porsche 918 is ugly. You're a small majority.
>EcoBoost engine
Which is will outperform literally any car under 500k ever made aside from a few lotuses and possibly a Viper.

so many new car shills ITT

>rear wheel drive for REAL car enthusiasts thats what jalopnik told me
What do you drive?

op you could not have worded this worse, you sound like a whiny baby who doesn't understand how the world works and is just shouting demands
god, you're one of the most uncharismatic men ever

cheap != basic.

i'd rather be uncharismatic than spineless. if you don't like what i said than form a rebuttal. you think you're an adult by criticizing the way i sound instead of the content itself? get bent.

so you want companies to just suicidally launch a car at a price range where it will be doomed to fail and only be bought from the very very few autists who have OP's extremely specific demands

>limited slip

you fucking faggot
9/10 bait

one of the worst offences of the auto industry is how everything is limited slip, even 4x4

it would be a fucking DREAM come true for any 4x4 vehicle with a simple open diff, and with manual lockers in place

this would actually be cheaper than producing limited-shit clutch packs on everything like a fucking moron

What content? it's worthless. You say you want a basic car, but you have all this fucking shit tacked onto it, it honestly looks like you just finished a session of that Forza game

you think there are a few who like cars that aren't garbage? who do you think started the era of sports cars and pushing their limits rather than adhering to them? want me to spell it out for you?

launching and retaining torque in straight lines with an open diff is not as effective. it works but that's besides the point.

it's not shit you imbecil. it's basic stuff that makes a car perform well without relying on specialty items or gimmicks. what part of that don't you understand? a multilink IRS is more complex and prone to irreparable failure, and a limited slip uses basic principles of torque transfer, unless a clutch is also some alien thing to you. nothing is out of the ordinary. if you think that's worthless then you are probably not a real car enthusiast.

You are so delusional. Oh my god this has to be b8.
Please attempt to spell it out for me I'm dying to know

you dont want one way lockers in a street car, my man.

>why can't a car manufacturer make a vehicle that caters to a real car enthusiast? one that likes to work on his car, who doesn't have to order a special $1000 part from wing lu at james chadington's dealership

So, your requirement is that cars must follow the following rules:

a. No car may have parts or assemblies costing over $1000

b. All cars have ALL parts always stocked and available for immediate delivery

c. NO car may ever depreciate in value if maintained in roughly non-shit condition.

d. ALL cars must APPRECIATE in value if maintained in roughly non-shit condition.

OP has some pretty vicious demands similar to what Karl Marx would demand if he were in charge of automobiles for Earth.

here i'll spell it out for you.

you are B U T T H U R T

all you've done is go "blah blah you're wrong because muh contrarianism. modern cars have gimmicks because they're simpler than a basic mechanical piece durr". just give up already if you aren't gonna make a real non-retarded rebuttal.

no one gives a shit about pickemuptrucks m8

>a. No car may have parts or assemblies costing over $1000
>Assemblies

the fuck are you on about? this has nothing to do with assemblies. this was a hyperbole to how special parts for what would otherwise be a universal standard for a bushing or mount would cost a massive amount of cash. in lieu of unique dimensions it shouldn't be some esoteric IC embedded thing like mercedes does with their $1000 starters. i dare someone to defend that shit.

Because car enthusiasts build cars they don't buy them off the lot.
I'd much rather buy a base model with an open diff and add my own shit to it.
OEM limited slips are weren't a shit anyway. Barely have any lock %, are 2 way, and you can't get them with any ramp angle you want unless you modify them.

Nice strawman.

fwd for fags
easy, bmw z4m. hell, u can probably afford it too
youre welcome

It's calling to you. Will you let it in?

youtube.com/watch?v=MXuz4QM2QCA

Morgan 4/4?

>24k in bongbucks
>you can probably afford it

m8

Fiata, Miata, FRS

who the fuck is talking about street cars?

what part of 4x4 didn't you understand, kike

>mcphearson
>rear seats
>sup 250hp
>20k lease

why

There's no money in catering to poorfags who can't afford shit.

poorfags will stop being poor if there were cars worth buying. look at the big picture, doofus.

Not gonna lie that looks like a fantastic thing to drive.

>who the fuck is talking about street cars?
ITT? everyone except you

Sorry, I thought you wanted something simple, good handling and cheap, not a dyno whore that can be afforded on your McWage.

ND Miata chassis + built in Japan + 500 Abarth engine + sexy as fuck exhaust note + easily tunable to 200+ horsepower

>on a lease
>cheap

also there's nothing good about having less lateral acceleration on an otherwise equally complex suspension. and the boxer engine inhibits high rev limits to a degree for what, low CoG. a larger rev range is more valuable than a lower CoG, and that has nothing to do with dyno whore shit, it has everything to do with control. i control more throttle space that's all the better.

>RWD
>turbo inline 6
>2 doors
>manual 6spd
>lsd
>no electrical nannies except dsc
>started appreciating within the first 2 years of relase
This is a description of the BMW 1M Coupe

ROVER SD1 VITESSE
O
V
E
R

S
D

V
I
T
E
S
S
E

Because women are the main market for new vehicles. When all the cool used cars are worn out and gone, they'll start making cool new cars once they realize men have returned to the marketplace.

can't the government just designate land rover as the sacrificial lamb to the women market?

It's got 160 hp, 2 more than a base Honda civic.

It's like a BRZ but with even less horsepower.

The miata is faster than the brz, the abarth has more power, better powerband and (hopefully) better gearing. Brz doesnt compare.

Because you don't have enough money to pay for it.

You can't afford a new car at all, what makes you think you could get them to make a new model just for you?

Just go get a caterham. You literally build them yourself.