>Noob? Read this:
→ (Cross-thread)

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/
→ (Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIkO1oqd7Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=d6zT41fre6w
wctv.tv/content/news/Brooks-County-man-survives-after-being-trapped-under-motorcycle-for-8-days-381105051.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Jw2hzskmaFc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kawasaki a best

Is it possible to lock up your rear wheel from not shifting? Say I redline third gear, get up to 60mph, and then just let off the throttle and the engine braking immediately starts as I slow down. Can this cause the rear tire to lock up?

I have an oldschool full faced white helmet kinda like a gingo, some dirt gloves, with dirt goggles. i wear black jeans and a black hoodie. is this sufficient?

no. As the engine is still turning, the wheel will still turn. You will just slow down, slowly.

no the drive train has less resistance and momentum behind it than the wheels, rubber, pavement.

Only way the wheel would lock up under that scenario would be if your engine stopped. If its still running the wheel is still turning

Does anybody know what kind of bike this might be?

mmpr

z1000sx ? maybe ?

or a yamaha FJR1300 ?

So if the bike stalls say at 13k RPM in 3rd gear, the rear wheel could lock?

Looks like a Kawasaki Ninja 1000 to me.

ninja 650r

Yes

no. also most sportbikes have a back torque limiting slipper clutch too.

If it *seizes* then yes, but if it stalls, say if the ignition stops igniting or the injectors stop injecting, it will keep spinning, spun along by the spinning of the wheels, spinning, spinning along.

No because it will just roll start it and say it stalls becasue spark fails it will just chug along as if it wants to start.

The foward motion of the bike will be greater than the resistance of the gearbox.

Nice. Thanks guys. Looks pretty similar to all the kawasakis mentioned.

>went filtering with grill today
>she's never done it
>freaked get out a bit
>fun times were had

Yay heavy traffic and tourist

Is that an Eliminator?

If your motor is seized then yes your back wheel will lock up. If it's not seized then it will not lock up. How do I know? Because I've push started a million bikes a million times at a million different speeds. With a motor off, dumping the clutch will slow you down and turn the motor and will not lock up the tire. The faster your going the easier it is to jump the bike this way.

Try it sometime, go out, hit the kill switch, when the motor is off, put it back to run and dump the clutch it'll fire right up... if it doesn't fire up, like if you leave the kill switch on it's like applying the brakes, you're essentially dragging the drive train.

Its too hot to ride why can't it always be winter

yes

>tfw tropical depression going to hit in a few days
>if it gets worse it will be tropical storm Collin
Fuck Florida

i can't understand why anyone lives there

>stussy

Is it the 90's again?

>tropical storm Collin

At least you'll die laughing?
youtube.com/watch?v=WIkO1oqd7Rc

Wear a t shirt and shorts. Shits cash

>tfw road tyres on a dirt bike

I see you skid demon

God no its a 1974 Z900

>13 years after the release of Napoleon dynamite
>Not being a squid
It's really fun :)

fuck off no bike

Funny, last time someone brought that sticker up they were saying I was a vaping hypebeast
Is that show worth watching?
If there was anywhere good to ride offroad here I would have got the knobbies. I'm really glad I went with the sm because this thing is a blast in the street, pretty fun in the dirt too unless its mud or sugar sand

Safety is paramount though!!!

then get a grom

Because it's a warm coastal state and not a cold landlocked state (i.e. hell)?

youtube.com/watch?v=d6zT41fre6w

>Cruisercuck
>Getting cucked by safety
:^)

How hard would it be to set up a 600 supersport with some lockable hard panniers? Could that work?

>Is that show worth watching?

The original with the British people? No idea. Father Ted is about as far as I can stand British humor.
The original with Drew Carey? Yes.
The reboot with Aisha Tyler? From what I've seen yes.

Saved for future use.

crazy ass nigggas bruh lmao

Coming from the guy who wants a road glide?

You let me down wilder :(

More like

>getting cucked by comfort
Cruisers are amazing. Sportbikes are overrated.

All my sportbike buddies love the fuck out of my rolling couch

Yall' ever had to deal with headshakes? Got one today hitting a tar snake while moving pretty fast. Not my first but bounced my helmet around pretty good. Are steering dampeners for faggots?

>fat guy gets taken out by the dogs

hah.

>monkey at the end is better than /dbt/

>Are steering dampeners for faggots?
No, but tripcodes are.

I'm just playing :)
>Road glide
Haram. Dyna, road king or electra

I hope you're aware I'm a habitual Harley poster

holy fuck that ankle injury

I was expecting this webm

gear is for fags tho, remember

I see so many ppl on the dyna though. Will always love the road king/glide. So maneuverable.
Was talking to a Dr budy tonight about all the fancy shit he's done with his electra. Dude has more miles on that thing than anyone I know.

>hondafags
wctv.tv/content/news/Brooks-County-man-survives-after-being-trapped-under-motorcycle-for-8-days-381105051.html

Frame sliders or engine guards on a naked bike?

>buy new bike
>immediately pass to service for lowering
I'll learn someday

Learn to be taller?

Snapped my rearset right where the back brake connects on my bike. I got charged $100 just for the plate and that's gonna take a week to get here. Since this happened I'm wondering about aftermarket sets. What brands are good? Are the eBay ones worth looking at for $150 or is it really worth it to spend the $350 on nice ones? Fucking pissed this happened especially right when I got pazzo levers that are out getting a custom anno job. Fuck my life Veeky Forums I just wanna ride

brappy the clown gets all the girls

enjoy your ruined handling because you couldn't be fucked to lean off it more at red lights.

Are the girls behind all those obvious traps?

I would if you're only running liability insurance. Might save you some money if shit ever goes sideways. Most of em' look cool too

Well far right is, left may be as well. Not sure about the middle two.

I've interneted long enough to know when a chick has a dick. Then is traps fo sho

thats how brappy likes them...asian with a set of tits and a penis

Make your grandpa buy a supermoto so he doesn't get trapped under it.

I put some China made eBay rearsets on my EX250. It's pretty decent. It even stood up to a lowside. That said, it doesn't have provisions for the rear brake light switch. I had to make my own to pass inspections.

Can't argue with good taste

holy shit it's been a long time since i've posted. new job has me working evenings, so i get home and crash.

SAM is happening Jully 29-31, stop emailing me, you're too late.

I've found a new purpose in life since i've moved to eastern KY...saving turtles...

>construction crews leaving piles of gravel and dust right at the apex of corners

I'm almost tempted to ride around with a broom and sweep that shit of the road.

It's good to see you've moved on with your life Jeb.

Is that a vtx I see?

>meet is over a month away
>you're too late
lmao

Yup VTX1300

Anyone play any Road Rash recently?

Well luckily I wouldn't have to worry about that. Are they adjustable? How do they feel? Is the anodization nice?

>.saving turtles...
Nigger, you put him back on the side of the road he started on! You didn't save shit, you just wasted 8hrs of that turtles time you faggot.

Man obviously had good taste

Anodization is decent, quite durable. It stands up to my boots, and even resisted a lowside. They're quite adjustable, in fact, you may have to adjust them a bit because the stock locations aren't very ideal and can be tiring.

>Be extra careful today edition.
y

>move up from Ninja 300 to Triumph Street Triple
>can't even get out of third around town
>even interstate is too slow

>memebike to memebike

oh dear

this will be your fate soon

youtube.com/watch?v=Jw2hzskmaFc

"Rider was around 20 yrs old, Said the Triumph was his second bike. He had a Ninja 300 a year & road a year before purchasing the 675. Bike was one month old at time of crash. "

>twas a good day
Where did /dbt/ go today?

I'm not even riding that hard, doing the same learning curve with the Triumph as the Ninja, not going mountain riding until I have a 1,000 or so miles under my belt.

Nowhere yet. Trying to decide whether or not to ride today

Around town. Saw a car show, hit the strip. Filterd through shitty traffic because some festival, filed with fellow bikers, got tacos.

Pretty ok day

Loving this zx9r and how stock it is, except for all these LEDs. Yanked all this shit out. Was a rats next of wiring under the seat and behind the carbs.

basically weight reduction

that chain could use a little TLC.

Gunna get rid of those fuckugly turn signals?

On second though, since you love how stock it is I imagine not.

Already is better. Bought bike today and has sat for 2 years. Oiled, cleaned, oiled, cleaned again and it looks good again. In fact its in good shape all around. Guy said it needed new chain and sprockets and both are fine now that they're serviced.
Already ordered.

Got it home and ordered new battery, chain and sprockets (cancelled for now), new levers, new clutch cable, new tires, new brakes, and everything for an oil change. Then after I have the new motor in the DRZ and it's on the road - taking the zx9r to my buddy to have him adjust the valves.

All in all will have around 2200-2300 into this bike and it wont need a thing for a long time.

I just like that it's original and not all fucked with. Outside of all the LEDs nothing has been touched. Doing flush front signals. Leaving the rears for now.

That's a fucking steal man. On the other hand I paid $3600 for this and it's been sitting at the shop for a week. Not actually certain what's wrong with it, just that the fuel pump isn't turning on. Not sure why.

>car show
>bike event
>shitty traffic
were you in duvall? i got hung up in all of that shit on my way out

I'm not up to speed with common issues but I think i hear a lot of that era of fi hondas having fuel pump issues