Norway ban on new gasoline-powered car sales as soon as 2025

Where were you when gasoline was kill?

electrek.co/2016/06/03/norway-gasoline-powered-car-ban-2025/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/elonmusk/status/738805691528318976
frp.no/aktuelt/2016/06/bensinogdieselbiler-skal-ikke-forbys
dagbladet.no/2016/06/03/nyheter/innenriks/bil/politikk/energimeldingen/44440269/
electrek.co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

twitter.com/elonmusk/status/738805691528318976

what a fucking douchebag.

Do you think the consumers realize he only exists because of government subsidies?

>he actually thinks that gas and diesel vehicles aren't subsidized in any way

Before 2030 most of the developed world would have ban oil. On the other hand, sandniggers will go full ape (if that even possible) because their only income will be banned and thus making them poor again.

Why?
Just make it so all new cars have to be extended range electric.
Gasoline/diesel burn cleaner than coal, and batteries will always be shit.
The way to make the best electric car is to have as little battery weight as possible, and the only way to do that is with chemical energy storage.

Progressive as fuck.

I guarantee they will benefit from this.

Does that mean E85 for everyone?

The true purpose is to restrict travel.
Its a way to artificially limit travel range to within cities.

>Top 8 container ships pollute as much as all cars on earth cause they burn crude oil. Not doing anything about this
>Batteries are garbage right now, and swapping out battery packs every five years cause everyone would quick charge them and kill them won't be bad for the environment.
>Batteries are literally concentrated blocks of cancer
>Many countries use coal power plants. Basically transferring fossil fuels to electricity instead of just burning fossil fuels in the first place. Energy being lost with the conversion.
>Nuclear power plants are spooky.
>No decent electric truck options available yet
This seems like a really well thought out decision.

They are not banning new fuel powered cars, they are setting a goal for when it's not point in buying new fuel cars, anyone who wanna buy one can still do so in 10 years.
One of the parties have even said that calling it a ban is misleading since it's not a ban.

To back this up, here are two articles explaining that it's not a ban.

frp.no/aktuelt/2016/06/bensinogdieselbiler-skal-ikke-forbys
dagbladet.no/2016/06/03/nyheter/innenriks/bil/politikk/energimeldingen/44440269/

>not embracing nuclear powered cars, the superior energy

Imagine fuelling your car once in your lifetime and having zero emissions

One of these days user

>muh coal fired powerplant meme
Stop this, There's hardly any left in the world and most are in China.
Anyway, electric is gay

all fun and games until some guy in a blue suit shoots at it

>girl texting while drinking starbucks rear ends your nuclear reactor
>die

Why do you guarantee this?

as wikipedia states "Coal-fired power plants provide about 39 percent of consumed electricity in the United States, as of March 2016" i guess you are wrong

Almost all power in Norway is hydro-electric, and electricity is cheap as shit. That's why this makes sense for them where it wouldn't in other countries.

>drinking the oil company kool-aid

>less than 40%

Jesus Christ get with it. every year more and more of them close for good. They're being legislated out of existence very rapidly. There's even fewer in yuro.

>biggest cruise ship in the world visits Rotterdam, is docked at the cruise terminal in the city centre
>the city is unable to provide enough power to run the entire ship, so it keeps it's engines running
>meanwhile your are not allowed to drive your car inside the centre if your car doesn't meet the emission standards because 'the city council is working on cleaner air'
I'm so mad

>Top 8 container ships pollute as much as all cars on earth cause they burn crude oil. Not doing anything about this
Quantity is only part of the equation. Those ships are pumping out those polutants in the middle of the ocean where it doesn't hurt anyone, as opposed to cars clustered in cities.

>Batteries are garbage right now, and swapping out battery packs every five years cause everyone would quick charge them and kill them won't be bad for the environment.
>Batteries are literally concentrated blocks of cancer
Maybe do your own research instead of parroting talking points from people with an agenda. Batteries last way more than 5 years and are typically recycled at the end of life.

>Many countries use coal power plants. Basically transferring fossil fuels to electricity instead of just burning fossil fuels in the first place. Energy being lost with the conversion.
Norway uses hydropower for 99% of their energy generation, and have no coal plants.

>Nuclear power plants are spooky.
Only if you're retarded.

>No decent electric truck options available yet
Should have got one of those Ford Ranger EVs when you had the chance.

It's HFO or Bunker-C for Yanks, not crude oil.

And no, eight 80MW units will not emit the same oxides of nitrous or carbon dioxide than the millions of small high speed automotive engines operated daily with specific output far exceeding 640MW.

A large vessel at cruise will consume between 160 and 200g/KWh so a safe assumption would be around 200 to 250 tonnes of HFO per day. Considering the emissions of HFO are similar to DFO with higher levels of particulate, sulphate and ash one could say the overall emission output of 250t HFO is roughly equivalent to 250t to 300t of DFO.

That's roughly equivalent to six or eight tanker loads to a servo. Even my small home town of 22,000 consumes this amount from one wholesaler alone per day. So the daily consumption of eight small towns equals your 'largest eight ships in the world,' so that's a load of crap.

Further, how can you make any assumption on the specific output of emissions of low speed marine diesel when you wouldn't know how many cycles the engine is, let alone whether the charge air is kept at a particular temperature to lower the formation of NOx or if the unit uses SCR or wet scrubbers.

TL;DR No, the output of hundreds of millions of small, inefficient petrol and diesel engines far outweigh the 2.2% contribution to global CO2 emissions from the shipping industry.

Where do you get this stuff? Do you usually accept horseshit as fact and repeat it so?

>2016
>not wanting ICE cars to become a niche hobby

its like you actually enjoy the plebs

fuck greenpeace and all these ecofascist, fuck emisions , true car enthusiasts will polute as much as they can. And yes, my catalytic converters were removed and my car drains so much gas equivalently to some kind of bus which can hold up to 100 passangers.

gonna change oil tommorow and guess where will old oil end ? you are right, somewhere in the nature

fuck this gay earth

nice edge kid

kys

>where it doesn't hurt anyone
Wind exists broham

>not saving the oil and using it for firepits at minimum
fag

cruise ships are the biggest meme holiday for bottom feeder plebs

Whatever, my car uses LPG and I love it, so who gives a shit

Dunno if any of you weebs watched / read Dimension W but it's scarily similar to themes in the show.

No fun allowed.

you know, you can buy coal at every petrol station at any given time ? Only jewish intentions lead you to not waste every possible source of anything

>lifted truck

must be a cuck

shills detected

But nothing would happen

>electrek.co
seems legit

Why would I buy coal when I can add old car oil to a fire pit to get it raging hot for a few minutes? Or soak logs in a giant bucket of it alternatively?

maybe if you need to use your firepit every fucking day you wont, but im using mine, like twice per year, so occasionally buying coal is better, than storing so many shit "just in case"

>many
much*

:^)

I fucking hated that shit
>Take cover behind car
>Pop up to fire back only to have the shitty vehicle blow me to smithereens

>Norway
They don't matter.

>ban on new gasoline-powered car sales
Not going to happen.

>as soon as 2025
Definitely not going to happen.

it was good desu, coils when??

thanks for ure opinion

I'm sure Tesla already has the technology

Elon is defo from Dimension W

I honestly think Australia will go the way of mad max before that ever happens.
>file name

moving to straya if so

>massive V8s, only headers, roaming through the outback on the verge of blowing the heads 24/7

>chucking thunderpoons at Russians in cars covered in spikes
Fucken glorious

Huh, of all yuropoor countries, I figured Sweden would be the first to do that since they're so fuggin cugged :DDDDD

Mine gets used once every 2 weeks or so.

Norway sucks

>Do you think the consumers realize he only exists because of government subsidies?
>what Veeky Forums actually believes

Tesla repaid it's 2010 DOE loan in 2013. Now the only money it gets from the government is ZEV credits which it sells to Toyota for 2.8% of it's revenue, and the $7,500 tax credit that any of the automakers could be getting, if they didn't stink so bad.

>thinking every nuclear reactor is chernobyl

Ships that large should be nuclear powered. Aircraft carriers and submarines are, so why not big container and cruise ships?

> Howtoattractnegativeattentiontocars.jpg

there isn't a group of armed men to protect them, like you know, military ships

>people this stupid are what keep us from nuclear power

>implying that the world gives a fuck

We are 5 million people, and we already top the charts when it comes to EV-purchases per capita by far. People here also, on a general basis, drive quite old cars compared to the rest of the developed world due to high taxation on new cars.

We sit ontop of our mountains, pointing at how bad the world is while feeling good about ourselves, thinking that we somehow actually matter at all in the world as a whole

Thanks for actually taking the time to give me these answers. I didn't think too much my post, but i'm glad I learned from my autism.

>more than 1/3

No worries, I'm glad it may have helped you. Apologies for coming across a bit harsh, it has been a long swing at sea.

Actually going back over I have come across very harsh. Sorry mate, I should not have chewed you out straight away as I did.

Was there a corner in the factory?

just gonna go back out to the garage and work on those old two strokes i've been hoarding

cheeki breeki my frænd

>Norway
literally who

Also why the fuck are these law makers restricting the usage of petrol cars when they are a small fraction of greenhouse gas production.

>Let's restrict the usage of cars for our people but China and the rest of the third world can keep pumping out never ending pollution

edgelords spotted

>not wanting the lifeblood of your car to keep you warm when you're out camping

When did normies get so obnoxious

good, Saudi Arabia and the rest of the muslim welfare states can fuck right off. They should have been investing in other area's of their economy when carter was president. but no, dem petrol dollars

Easy and effective way to control the people.

Nordic trip speaks the hard truth

>still makes tons of money off of North Sea oil
>still not doing anything about whaling
>but they draw the line at this.

Fucking hypocrites.