Why the fuck are used trucks so overpriced? Half of the shit I've seen is much more than kbb estimates...

Why the fuck are used trucks so overpriced? Half of the shit I've seen is much more than kbb estimates. I just want a truck that doesn't have a quarter of a million miles on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

huntsville.craigslist.org/search/cto?min_price=3000&max_price=7000&auto_bodytype=9
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5614654561.html
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5621137968.html
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5609457542.html
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5619349258.html
govplanet.com/Trucks - Pickup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gotta pay to play.

Well, what are you looking for?

Regular cab work trucks aren't that expensive fambly.

op probably wants a bigger engined, 4x4 extended cab for the same price as the 2wd work truck trim with the 4-banger.

trucks have great value as long as the frame and drivetrain are intact. they're work vehicles.

100% of used trucks sell for what people are willing to pay for them

I'm trying to find a mid sized truck with under 150k miles on it for $5k-6.5k. I'd like an extended cab if possible, but single would work. Am I being too cheap? I thought it would be doable in this price range. kbb says it should be.

I'm just sick of trucks with 200k-300k miles, work to fuck floor mats with exposed foam on the driver's seat.

His best best is probably an Early 2000's F150. Although the crew cab 4x4 variant is one of the most expensive packages in the used F150 market. Still pretty cheap compared to anything else in the category and year.

The cheapest variant overall is the regular cab long bed, 2WD with a manual 5 speed.

...I've recently had to do a lot of research on early 2000's F150s.

it's supply and demand mate, same as everything else

post your local craigslist.

you haven't been on facebook trucks for sale groups.

clapped out tacomas regularly bring in 6000+ with bubbas fighting over it in the comments

also not uncommon is any high mileage chevy with a blown transmission asking usually more than 3000

Just go on Autotrader and look for used two door Tacomas. Manual and RWD will both knock the price down.

If you are in the rust belt expect a Colorado to be 10k for a anything worth buying.

No, I haven't, because Facebook car groups are even more cancerous than this hellhole. Especially the truck ones. Fucking hicks, man.

get a hardbody/frontier

toyota reliability without the tax

I mostly plan on using it to pull a few smallish trailers so I'd like to avoid manual if I could.

In the south where shit lasts a pretty long time.

huntsville.craigslist.org/search/cto?min_price=3000&max_price=7000&auto_bodytype=9

I'd be willing to drive into atlanta, nashville, or chattanooga. I'm ready to pull the trigger on anything 5500 and under at the moment, and will be willing to spend more like 7k at the end of the summer. Just trying to press for the best possible value at the moment. I'd be more inclined to take another couple of months to find my truck.

I actually asked about this one but the poster didn't respond.

what are you gonna tow? is this going to be a DD or a second vehicle?

I assumed OP was stupid so I searched locally... under 6000,max 150k, all the trucks were pre 90s.

Personally I'd go for a clapped out 7.3L superduty over anything I saw here.

On the other hand, due to my search I might have bought another jeep Cherokee...you owe me 2 grand OP

>6 cylinders
vq40de is plenty reliable, just check the timing chain, compression and make sure it doesn't burn oil

Looking for a relatively inexpensive truck with 4wd for the snow. 4 cylinder preferred as it's going to be used for commutes in snow. Also pleb tier easy to use if possible (for my sister)
Any ideas?

Some knob will pay more to jack it up and black it out.

Just as the drift tax and JDM-tyte rice tax exist, the brotruck tax exists also.

Secondary vehicle. I work from home on the computer, so it might just get more use than my car. My car only has 24k miles on it and it's a 2012 model. I was going to use it for a furniture building side business and I was going to try doing some farming at home. I'm gonna raise some chickens, heh. I wanted something with a large bed. I would probably be buying like a 12' trailer to go with it.

I was trying to find something that didn't have too high mileage because I don't plan on replacing it for a long time.

You don't need 4wd. Just get good tires. I managed fine with a 2wd ranger with snow in the bed. Had 1 "oh shit" moment when it oversteered a little but it would've probably happened with 4wd too. Plus, rwd is more fun for sno-nuts.

trucks are pretty shit in the snow, even with 4wd.
you want weight over the back wheels, so i'd go with a 911 turbo
hth

>check the timing chain,

This had a service bulletin for excessive guide wear I think.
The motor overall is good because Nissan vq. Good power and will get that truck movin.

I live in Alabama, so I don't think snow is going to be much of an issue. I don't think I'll be mudding in it so I don't give a fuck about 4x4.

A ranger will last forever if you change the oil every 4k miles and the coolant every 2 years. How it was maintained is more important than mileage.

If it was for me then yes. And it would be manual for extra fun. But it's not, it's for my sister. Will get gud snow tires and sand bags over the rear tires.
I've put sweet Michelin snows on my spec v and with smart driving I've tackled almost every hill.
:^)

tell her to shut up and buy a civic.

I don't know, but it's pissing me off. I'm not paying $15k for some 100k+ mile piece of shit.

I need like 5k towing capacity, so I guess I need a v6

plus they get aids mpg. fucking hell. I wish I could afford a diesel sprinter.

>nissan
>reliable
Top kek

I wouldn't want a ranger unless I could find a flatbed one.

Actually I don't think I'd want a flatbed ranger even. The bed is just too short.

Hauled 12ft boards in the 6ft bed ranger. Just needed something in the front of the bed to keep it tied down and balanced.

Get a ford ranger 4x4

assmad holden fangirl detected

friendly reminder the vq was in wards top engine lists for almost 10 years

GM sucks just as bad as nissan.
Id take a 3vze over a vq trash engine any day.
Fucking terrible design

enjoy paying for that toyota tax, cuck

>being poor
At least ill have a running vehicle

sucks to know the VQ is more reliable than a taxed up toyota right?

Its not though. But keep telling yourself that.
Just as bad as bmw delusionists

>nissan vq has been on wards list of engines for more than 10 years
>toyota 3zve has not

kek, stay triggered

>Renault
Stay ignorant

>doesn't know that 4x4s are rwd when they're not in 4x4

Also if you don't need 4x4, you don't get real snow.

>renault
>unreliable

must be american

Connecticunt here, can confirm.

It's hilarious when places like Virginia get an inch and the place grinds to a halt.

this is how I feel about jeep wranglers, doesn't matter what year or condition the jeeps in, it will sell for like 5k.

If you think that's bad, you should see what it's like when the south gets snow. There's no salt on the roads and no plows, so everything gets completely wrecked.

Dakota's and rangers are fairly cheap
Tacomas and Colorado's are expensive
I honestly would stay away from mid 2000s Nissans unless they recently rebuilt the transmission. Known defect to leak coolant into the tranny

Rangers lead the way.

Used trucks have gone up in price because the demand is higher. And the demand for used trucks is higher because a new truck will run you at least 35k, and that's for a shitty Colorado. Full size is easily 48k+

Ok user, here are some options for you:
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5614654561.html
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5621137968.html
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5609457542.html
I'd jump on it quick, though. A few of them seem like they won't last long.

>be me looking at buying a newer F150 5.0l v8 quadcab 4x4 with a 6.5ft bed
>search local used car websites, CL, and dealerships
>every single one that matches my criteria is 10-15k MORE than what a brand new truck would cost to have ordered with 0 miles
>tfw white people out here are "country" and think that adding a bodylift and a lightbar to their trucks makes them worth that much

Im just gonna hold off til early next year and buy a brand new truck

Those come with vg's not vq's. Why do dumbass people always like to post like they know shit?

Hello fellow rocket city bro

>hicks
that accounts for about 95% of truck owners

>FWD
KEK.

huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/5619349258.html
Fuck your mileage requirements

Ive got a 2000 ranger with the 3L and this thing will pull what you need. I use this thing for my construction business in a busy downtown area with limited parking so its perfect size for me the size to capability ratio is crazy i had 12 fire rated door in the back at 85lbs each the other day and i didnt even feel it. I have an extra spring on it in the vack. The only reason id sell this thing would be because no v8 but im strongly considering a v8 or even diesel swap ( at this point it would just become a toy obviously). I have a 96 f150 and this 2000 ranger. Im going to drive late 90s ford trucks until someone comes out with a sensible small truck again. Even the new chevy colorado is bigger than my f150. Why?

I pull a 15,000lb trailer through the sand, ranger's not gonna cut it for that.

Needed a work truck for light duty work
Had the same problem you did

Went old, 82 f150 did just a little engine work and body work.

Bought for 800, put 1200 into it, now it looks good and does what I need it to do.

You think buying a used halfton is bad, try buying a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel. You need to spend at least $15k+ to get anything half decent and not miled/clapped out.

Not OP but is a 1990 nissan hardbody 4x4 manual a reliable truck? The used one im looking at has 60k miles, it would be my first vehicle. Need a cheap pickup or van as i'm trying to get into a trade apprenticeship.

Hell yeah.

Yes.
Itll be kinda slow but itll be reliable and cheap to run

Enjoy wiring issues, leaky power steering, weak ball joints, coolant in your oil, failing injectors, failing mafs, and general nissan issues.
They are trash

Cus country bruther. Its also mandatory that country "musicians" mention a pickup in every song. Kids are told you need these to be a man.

its a hardbody, who cares? they're cool

then why are the others disagreeing with you?

Because they dont know them and assume they are good

I'm a different guy looking for one of these, but the market places a huge premium on the 4x4.

what old pickup would u recommend?

Anything fullsize.

Light truck?
4x4?
What?

>wiring issues
>leaky power steering
its 26 years old
>weak ball joints
compared to what? they are fine. the ball joints in mine have been in since 145k miles and its at 322k
>coolant in oil
updated gasket sets that take a chill day with lots of beer to put in
>failing injectors
>failing mafs
again, its 26 years old. you're talking out of your ass bud.

Toyotas and mazdas dont have these problems at 26 years old
Nissan is trash.

This is a 2006 Tacoma

sure thing. no toyota or mazda has those issues. how many miles does your toyota or mazda have on it? I'll wait.

This is a 1992 mazda.
Mine to be specific.
I can be anecdotal too!

Anything earlier than 85 if you're looking for a work truck. Everything's mechanical and easy to work on.

That is if you're not lookin for a DD

175k miles. What of it?

There's nothing anecdotal about frame rot on Toyotas. Please continue living in denial

Lol k

ok. now look at my post at my mileage and tell me nissan is trash.

Who cares nigger. Any car can be high mileage if you throw money at it.
You just throw far less money at toyotas and mazdas.

>Toyota buybacks and frame replacements
>Implying you aren't in denial
Everywhere else on the internet owners are furious about things like this, on Veeky Forums they just pretend it never happened.

reaching. you have no idea how much money is put into repairs on my vehicle and thusly cannot make such an assumption. hint: original VIN matching unopened engine and drivetrain. Please provide some sort of metric with which to argue.

1st gen frontier has a ka24de which is a tank the vg33e or er(supercharged) v6 is also a descendant of the vg30. You sure don't see many old beat z31's or 240sx on the road anymore, and cheap 7 owner sports cars are never beat on right?

D22 2wd with a m/t is the best sporty mini truck for cheap. pick your poison, vg33 can be turbo'd with old Z parts and there are plenty of plug and play KA-T kits out there. even a bone stock rcsb 4 popper is peppy with 145hp.

yota bruhs

govplanet.com/Trucks - Pickup
lol get surplus trucks, a lot of them have been sitting though so they need freshening or paint. checked the mileage on the 89 hardbody. it really has 2000 miles on it.

Why the fuck would you want to buy a truck? Trying to find something relatable to you? Fat, slow, and ugly?

>implying it hasn't rolled over

>decades old surplus truck
>2000 miles
Seems legit

just buy one that isnt rusty. my '98 has zero rot whatsoever, just surface rust on the axle

problem solved