If I told a leftist history teacher I like Evola

If I told a leftist history teacher I like Evola,
would she call me names like sexist or nazi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=QiCtdi5nCoA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Si.

Idk but I would call you a faggot
>>>>>>>Veeky ForumsTORY>>>>>>

that depends on the individual teacher 2bh

I doubt even a teacher would know who he is, only someone who had an interest in Fascism, for any reason. Or maybe pooinlooboos.

I talked about Evola with my normie friends. I present him as a "wow absolute madman", and presented a couple of his points as "really makes you think..."
One of them agreed with Evola, the others didn't comment.

First present him as the writer of such books as Metaphysics of Sex.
>Wow so interesting
Yoga of Power
>Wow so exotic
Revolt against the Modern World
>Well, it does warrant a little criticism
Metaphysics of War
>That's not very nice
Fascism seen from the right
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhh!!!1

>I doubt even a teacher would know who he is
This. I wrote a paper about Evola in undergrad (at a super dippy liberal arts school) and the professor had never heard of him

>Evola
>Fascist

>Implying fascists and reactionaries aren't the only people who read Evola

I've never met a professor who knew who Evola was, let alone one that hated me for liking him. Even philosophy professors are clueless.

Post rare Evolas.

>people keep recommending me Evola
But I just wanted to read the Mukhya Upanishads before Plato and Plotinus!

>would she call me names like sexist or nazi?
If she knows who he is, which she probably doesn't, she'll know he's the guy that criticized the nazis for not being right wing enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs&t=5s

In what shithole are those unis, and how much are you even paying for it?

>be evola
>walk outside and get bombed
can't make this shit up

Anyone who reads into any of the more esoteror-y right, deep enough to know of Evola, outside of memery, will understand that Evola and many of his influences weren't fascists at all

That he is so popular surprises me, but I kind of resent that fact that is has become babby's starting point into 'right' philosophy, religion and esotericism

>That he is so popular surprises me,

Never hear of the Streisand effect? Same goes for Stirner.

But who exactly tried to Streisand the work of Stirner?

Apart from Marx, the only man that really gave enough of a fuck to attempt refuting him?

>But who exactly tried to Streisand the work of Stirner?

No one really. He just got rather unfairly dismissed as a crude precursor to Nietzsche.

Wow literally the first sentence he had stirner say is a gross misinterpretation

youtube.com/watch?v=QiCtdi5nCoA

He was seriously fucking ugly.

Is he the ultimate meme?

so ? he was very old during this interview, he died not long after.

>muh age of dissolution

fuck her right in the pussy whatever her response

No, the ultimate meme would be Miguel Serrano. Just read Hitler: The Ultimate Avatar, it's pure kek on steroids.

>preface is literally "I MIGHT BE CHILEAN, BUT IM WHITE 100% PURE ARYAN MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER EVEN HAD A GERMANIC FIRST NAME" insecurity like those sudaca posts you read on /int/
>telepathic ayy lmaos created the human civilization
>Adolf Hitler was Kalki, the reincarnation of Vishnu
>gnostic faggotry about the Demiurge hating the Nordic aliens and creating all the niggers, beaners and Jews
>Adolf Hitler still lives in a secret base inside the hollow Earth and on the day of the rope he will fly out of Antarctica in a flying saucer and kill all Jews

It's Himmler tier occultist wewuzism combined with ufology, hinduism, gnostic shit and genuine South American asspain.

Prove that we aren't living in the Kali Yuga RIGHT NOW.

Protip: you can't.

Not Evola but I introduced Emil Cioran to my feminist marxist Prof and it was a positive experience. I think I brought up Nick Land's book thirst for annihilation which also peaked her interest. Some people are open to "out there" stuff. Others are not. Depends on your prof.

Ironically the only possible cryptofascist in Academia I can think of fucking hates Evola.

I remember talking to my left leaning professor about the possibility that William Appleman Williams was strongly influenced by Lawrence Dennis, and he his reaction seemed to be "That's fucking Neato."

Only Naziboos jack off to reactionaries and traditionalists.

It's pretty senseless when you consider fascism's avant-garde origins.

i got called a racist for defending France in the algiers debacle.

Marxists gonna marx.

Serrano is so based.

Serrano is DLC-tier madman. Him and Savitri Devi have got to be the most out there shit I've ever seen, barring outright WE WUZ like the Nuwubians.

Savitri Devi isn't really that "out there" she's just misanthropic and clearly a true believer at the same time.

I'm a "fan" of Serrano and yeah, he's pretty "out there" in all senses.

Here's my question:

How the hell are all these thinkers so captivated by the idea of Hitler? Arguably, no one person has done more to damage the Indo-European """race""" than he. And I can't exactly chalk it up to them being crazy fanatics. Even Jung described Hitler as a demi-divinity. I understand that hindsight is 20/20, but what the actual fuck?

>How the hell are all these thinkers so captivated by the idea of Hitler?

Well, I would disagree with your comment that Hitler has done more damage to the Aryan race than anyone else, as would they. Hitler is a simply a larger than life figure - even JFK noted this. Someone with that kind of life store is truly epoch making. Jung, SDM, and Serrano all take different views on who Hitler really is, so you'd probably want to just check out The Lightning and the Sun for the most succinct expression to the answer "Why Hitler?"

Also the American group "The New Order" started by a SDM follow Matt Kohl (since passed away) has some basic literature and FAQ as well.

That's because she hasn't read Nick Land's political writings.

Trump is going to end up like this too. He already is in a way, just replace Vishnu with Kek.

I'm too tired for an explanation, but read Ian Kershaw's biography. It is a very long meditation on this matter, without engaging in idol making itself.

I don't quite understand. I've already read the volumes you're talking about. What are you trying to get at?

He spends a lot of time dealing with how Hitler tapped into a pre-existing hope for a political deity. It wasn't that Hitler himself possessed any epoch changing qualities (his life before the war demonstrates this), but that large sections of German Society, including non-Nazi parts, had already had an idea of a demi-divinity and were searching for it.

And then that autistic austrian cunt walked in at the right time.

>Even Jung described Hitler as a demi-divinity.
Hold on a sec:
>“There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man. As somebody commented about him at the last Nürnberg party congress, since the time of Mohammed nothing like it has been seen in this world. His body does not suggest strength. The outstanding characteristic of his physiognomy is its dreamy look. I was especially struck by that when I saw pictures taken of him in the Czechoslovakian crisis; there was in his eyes the look of a seer. This markedly mystic characteristic of Hitler’s is what makes him do things which seem to us illogical, inexplicable, and unreasonable. … So you see, Hitler is a medicine man, a spiritual vessel, a demi-deity or, even better, a myth.”
Damn right, he is a myth, an idol. He was worshipped as such. He still is today.

A myth so many men and women believed in, and followed unto their death.

>How the hell are all these thinkers so captivated by the idea of Hitler?
Charisma, man.

Mass movements and the causes thereof are worthy of study and investigation, is that wrong?

>He spends a lot of time dealing with how Hitler tapped into a pre-existing hope for a political deity.

I am aware. This thesis takes nothing away from the spirit of Providence that radiates throughout Hitler's rule.

>It wasn't that Hitler himself possessed any epoch changing qualities (his life before the war demonstrates this)

Same as above. Hitler was a unique and special case, and, for the aforementioned NS thinkers the most special case.

>already had an idea of a demi-divinity and were searching for it.

Exactly.

I got called a Fascist pig, so there's that. Not by a teacher, but by an anarchist, so I just shrugged it off and told him that everyone knows anarchists only see 3 things. Communists, other anarchists and Nazi's/fascist (who are apparently the same thing)

In the context of what we where talking about she more or less knew.

Savitri and Serrano are the reason why most people now think of Hitler as a pagan occultist, even though he was a lapsed secular Catholic at best. If Hitler actually met Serrano he would think he's fucking crazy.

This isn't true - the average joe doesn't even know about either. Even on those pulp style "Hitler n da occult" History Channel documentaries there's no mention of either.

There's way more reason that association is made than two obscure post-war thinkers. Hell, the connection was already present in pre-war propaganda.

>If Hitler actually met Serrano he would think he's fucking crazy.

Well Serrano was involved with the intra-war Nazi movement in Chile, which had a number of German agents and nationals, so they don't seem too phased, if anything they encouraged and influenced his thought. There are plentyof people inside the Third Reich who also viewed Hitler as a messianic figure. I'm not sure he'd promote it, but regardless that's not the point and a poor attempt at criticism.

>the average joe doesn't even know about either

That's irrelevant, the average Joe doesn't know about national syndicalism either, but he knows about fascism it gave birth to.

Nazi occultism kept gaining popularity in some fringe esoteric groups in the west precisely thanks to people like Savitri Devi, eventually Hollywood took notice of them as a curious and arcane phenomenon and began churring out all the Indiana Jones tier fiction.

Serrano got introduced to esotericism only in '42 and became a full blown headcase only after the war, when Hitler was already dead.

Nonsense. All that Indiana Jones stuff wasn't due to the likes of Serrano or SDM. It's been a trope since pre-war times, i.e. Hitler as some sort of anti-Christ with his team of skull-clad baddies who have pagan symbols (the swastika) and rituals (torchlight parades)

There's zero evidence that Spielberg has heard of someone like Serrano. The more obvious tie would be Otto Rahn, who is touted online as the model for Indiana Jones.

Well, reading the Goodrick-Clarke material on him would suggest that he was profoundly influenced to NS in 42, and was already meeting with German "secret masters" (totally plausible, given the ex-pat community there) before the war ended. He was so gung ho he wanted to be sent to Germany to fight.

I said that fascists read Evola, I didn't say they'd like what they read. Evola should be required reading for anyone who'd put themself on the far right. That said, his elitism shouldn't jive very well with those on the revolutionary right, ie fascists.

>evola
>lived through the fifties where you could legally rape your wife
>still died childless
Inb4 he was crippled in the fifties
He also lived through the thirties where women had even less rigths

IIRC he was a bit of a playboy but he never settled down

'& humanities' :D

>In what shithole are those unis,
Ironically enough, it was a school in Wisconsin about 30 minutes from where George Rockwell and Savitri Devi's ashes are interred

>Metaphysics of War
>That's not very nice

>tfw you read Evola and suddenly realize that war is not bad, in fact it's the exact opposite, actually a desirable thing
>mfw i realize that War is merely the Galaxy's hygiene
>"In the blazing furnace of battle we shall forge anew the iron will of a yet stronger race"
>mfw partaking in the lesser Holy War allows me to achieve victory in the greater (internal) Holy War
>mfw achieving an optimal degree of transcendence and ultimately unifying with the supreme Traditional idea, of the likes of the Enlightened Indo-Aryan Warrior Kings of old

I accept this and also accept my death if that is what the war decreed.

>Inb4 he was crippled in the fifties
He was crippled in the 40s, when he went out for a stroll during the Allied bombardment, in order to contemplate the fate. A shrapnel hit him in the spine.
One must admire that at least.

t. fat NEET autist that has never fought in a war

t. pacifist faggot

>Dude, war is BAD m'kay?

Yeah you fucking hippie, everyone knows this, but it's still a unavoidable reality of human existence that should be met with courage.

>>tfw you read Evola and suddenly realize that war is not bad
>war is BAD / Yeah [...] everyone knows this

ermmm

she would think you are just one more repressed nogf teen who spent way too much time on the internet instead of friends

It's funny once you get over the left-right divide and start to see these discussions from an outsider's viewpoint, you notice how one side does zero effort to understand the other and all that such "debates" consist of are strawmanning and symbolic posturing.

Why are Fascists such fucking hippies???

>Muh animal rights
>Muh spirituality
>Muh Indian mumbo-jumbo
>Muh degenerate materialist society
>Muh obsession with "purity"
>Muh naturalistic fallacies
>Muh pseudo-gnostic hatred for the world and utopian nostalgia for a "simpler" time

Fucking hippy bullshit.

I'm not sure Savitri was a fascist. She was just a completely unhinged, crazy person (read: woman).

In fairness Evola talks about a lot of the same shit.

I love it how Savitri can defend animal's rights and call for the genocide of non-white peoples all in the same breath.

Well Evola definitely was not a fascist.

Don't forget she married a shitskin and then literally cucked him with another shitskin.

>>Muh Indian mumbo-jumbo
>>Muh naturalistic fallacies
>>Muh pseudo-gnostic hatred for the world and utopian nostalgia for a "simpler" time
Fascism adopted the futurist view of life, that is the love of speed, a fascination for machines.

You're probably thinking of reactionaries.

They were both celibate. She married him to get Indian citizenship

She wasn't celibate, she fucked other dudes while they had an agreement that he can't touch her, making him a literal cuckold.

Source?

I think either Hitler's Priestess or some similar book about Esoteric Hitlerism. You're right in that she married him for citizenship by the way, but he's still a cuck.

Despite being a reactionary, Evola is actually surprisingly far from modern far-right movements in most of his beliefs.

>"Considering the abuse that has been made of the term Aryan in some contemporary milieus, such a term should be used with some reservations; in other words, it should not be made to correspond to a merely biological or ethnic concept (in this regard it would be more appropriate to talk about a boreal or Northern-Atlantic race, depending on the case at hand), but rather to the concept of a race of the spirit, whose correspondence to a physical race has varied from one civilization to another."
- Julius Evola - Revolt Against the Modern World - page 230

Most of modern far righters are not reactionaries at all.

She'd call you a reactionary scumbag and tell you to kill yourself for preventing human progress.

Why was young Evola so absurdly sinister looking?

He was literally a dark sorcerer in the 1920s.

Actually his works in specific religious traditions are read by people who do religious studies. Not that he is a huge authority or anything. Most of Evola's works weren't even political at all.

Perfect black metal album cover.

Reminds me of the cover for Cobalts "Gin"