/hou/ - Meet #3

Houston's third official meet is scheduled for Friday, June 17th, at 8:00 PM. Not much is known about this meet other than we'll meet at Happy Tea House again, apparently.

The super special meet for The Fast and The Furious' one night only 15th anniversary screening is for Wednesday, June 22nd, at 7:00 PM. Crew theater is still up for debate, but something needs to be chosen before tickets are sold out.

fandango.com/thefastandthefurious15thanniversary_193057/movietimes

Previous thread: News:

· Cars & Coffee was a'ight.

· GS may be back in action.

· Spoderstang continues his wacky and zany projects.

· And we put a star in a reasonably priced car.

To-do list:

· Decide on a main event for the 17th. Something big, preferably.

· Decide on a crew theater.

· Decide which stickers or vinyls we're making, how many, and where, and who's getting them.

· Pretend we have a name in the meantime.

· Keep the Hou dream alive.

>tfw there are literally too many good OP image options and couldn't decide which one to use

>tfw fuck it, the one that will probably garner the most attention

Other urls found in this thread:

watch2gether.com/rooms/3sbkuz0da8hn0dlg
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618635946.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Posting some backup OP images.

>may be back in action
>may
>may
>

Made it to page 7 real fucking quick.

12 days to go.

That photo is ruined by the corolla

You got the engine. The hard part is over, just hook that bitch up and do some skidz.

I hate to be "that guy" but I think we should find a new meeting spot that doesn't attract weird people at the "real nigga hours" of course I don't have any suggestion hence "that guy". Some place with plenty of parking and decent lighting.

He said it should be done on Saturday
He also said he was missing some bolts.
I think I'm going to bother the shit out of my local fastener supply store again, with my 5 bolt orders lol

Let's have a ritzier meeting place desu.. I don't see what would go wrong with choosing a higher end coffee or tea bar, paying 8 bucks for a drink versus 5 or 6 dollars?

Checked. As long as they're making money I don't think they care.

Thanks.

I'm not talking about going to a more expensive place (although that would help) just someplace where there isn't a crazy guy walking towards you angrily speaking jibberish or some guy trying to get you close to his truck for some phone bs so he can rob you. Ask anyone who went to the mini meet, we got approached 4 times by shady people wanting something.

Its me BTW, I recommend bombshells at fuqua and 45s as a possible meeting location. Attractive waitresses, large patio area over looking the parking, and a large parking lot with cops present from time to time. I think every other Tuesday they host a car meet so they are no stranger to a car crowd being there. Honestly if its as big as last time (12 cars or whatever) they probably won't even notice us there.

Happy Teahouse always has nice Japanese cars outside on most nights of the week. It fits the Dagumi theme well.

Can we just pick a theatre. Someone just name one and let's go. There's an AMC next to happy teahouse but I don't really care which one we choose

I already named two, and people complained at both choices but offered no suggestions in return. I give up. The fucking list is right there, someone pick something.

I think we only have issues if were going to hang outside in the city til midnight. Teahouse was just fine until it got real late. If we go to a nicer area were just going to have cops bothering us instead of night freaks. The people who bothered us early on wouldn't have bothered us if we were inside. Maybe we should get a hotel room or go to a hotel bar for those minimeets wherein we just talk and we don't have any driving activities planned

You're right. Maybe just a new location for mini meets.
>5-6 guys
>hotel room
Seems legit
The hotel bar might be a good option until some guy who can't hold his alcohol tries to drive home after. I'm not trying to bash that idea but I really don't wanna mix alcohol and driving in a group.

Yes, but I'm really grasping for straws here. Maybe not a room but I'm having a hard time thinking a quieter place than a hotel bar late at night. You can just order sprites if you want. Personally, I don't drink.

I hear ya man. Like I said not trying to bash ideas. I drink but I'm not drinking and driving in Houston traffic. I like the bombshells idea though.

Let's meet up at the Starbucks on Post Oaks. That place is always open and there is a good amount of crowd. I see a lot of rich kids go there too and you don't really see crazy people there.

The AMC next to Happy Teahouse is absolutely trash, one of the worst crowds go there.

That's a possibility. Do they have plenty of parking?

Engine bay pic of the camaro. Hopefully next weekend there will be a engine sitting in there.

Parking sucks there

And here's a panel off his dirt car he wanted to save.

Its looks like they have a lot of parking that is perpetually full

Ya that's what I'm seeing from the pic

I guess I should make a suggestion to try the teahouse one more time. It was safe, no one bothered us, because we were inside and we left at 9. We were bothered because it was dry outside so all the bums and dregs of society will be out and about. Now I don't mind the odd bum or something because homeless people don't scare me but when an obvious criminal rolls up with some stupid ass proposition it makes me go pic related. Having been one I can spot one from a mile away. But we all exhibited good street smarts that day.

If we go to the teahouse and it starts to get sketchy during normal hours *with it being dry unlike last meet* then I think we should consider a new place and by default no teahouse for mini meets because those run late and clearly we don't want to be at the teahouse past 10

Inb4
>tumblr

>unlike last meet

*unlike every meet

So how about Starbucks for mini meets, since parking should be enough for a few people?

watch2gether.com/rooms/3sbkuz0da8hn0dlg

Autism Room

Off of page 5

Sup everybody, anyone trying to have a mini meet/cruise later this week? I've been out of state, but I'm coming back Tuesday.
I've been puttering around on fantastic roads up in Washington in a terrible Grand Cherokee rental (pic related) while the E30 is back in Tomball. Life is suffering.

I'm down for a mini meet whenever.

Well I'm down to cruise next week if my car gets done soon . it will be going back to the body shop I hope monday after next and be back in time for the meet. I get separation anxiety with my car just being at the shop. I feel bad for you leaving a nice condition e30 at home where its flooding

Why am I getting the vibe everybody here scares easy? Htown hold it down. Should be mexican-carrying on principle. Always got the cannon.

I wasn't scared. I'm more scared about how trigger happy miata user is. I don't get it if someone messes with us I still say we jump them or tell them fuck off. Literally. I don't want another bum telling us how he used to work in a delorean factory or whatever because Dracula's vehicles are the type to break ice.

Stop shitting on FF

shits too thicc to carry around desu

Want to go on a drive tonight?

I didn't. But if you took offense to it then that's on you.

I haven't shot anyone yet.

Yea I'm thinking to, but it's raining more harsh today so I'm considering whether to go out or not.

Ehhh nvm its getting too late to do the drive I wanted to do. If I wanted to do it the rendezvous would have to occur right about now. Let alone driving out to Montgomery.

This hurts mostly because it confirms my insecurities.

You're an ass mate

Usually more expensive places and less trash go hand in hand

The key things are doing it in an area with 1. few to no blacks, and 2. no public transportation nearby.

My suggestion would be somewhere like Kemah, The Woodlands, Atascocita, et cetera.

So SC and I were brainstorming some ideas, and I believe we both agreed that whatever we do for the next meet, it needs to be something bigger and better, or we risk losing interest; either of current members or potential new ones.

I always had a vision of the club/crew/group continually expanding into the future, both in breadth and depth, but what that vision entails is whatever we make of it. But whatever we do, I do believe the main events should be something grand(er) in scale, and the intermediate meets can be used for more passive gatherings so everyone's niche is fulfilled.

As for specific suggestions, the idea of scouting out a street circuit was one we both found interesting. Something tight and technical, reminiscent of a rallycross course, with a timer (or timers), and someone on scanner duty (if the scouted location is deemed to have a potential police threat), and lap times are recorded.

I also wouldn't be opposed to the Livingston camping trip idea which everyone seems to've abandoned, though I don't know how serious anyone actually was about it.

There's also still the arcade idea, which I'd support.

Probably more things I'm forgetting.

We can just do things in a more organized fashion. Maybe we can all go out to a conefag event or a small road course at a cheap nearby racetrack where all attendant crew members are preregistered and all that.

I think we should keep all of our public roadway tomfoolery to highly remote areas in the case of touge runs unless its no brainer shit like wangan runs on 610

But he's right. Anyone who brings a stock automatic Corolla to a meet should be shot.

Don't listen to that jackass, he's just trying to trigger you.
Didn't think anyone would save my pic. The arcade thing is suitable for mini-meets I think, but the big meets should have something major happening. As I said before to you yesterday, it will be hard coming up with something better each time, so I think if we have like 4 or 5 top ideas we can just cycle them throughout the year. I'm not sure if the crowd will get bigger on the 17th but I do so sure hope to see new people join up. Eventually time will pass and we will get our logo, slogan, group name, all in due time. The Livingston circuit is definitely a monthly meet thing.

Do you know what are the costs of that? Not all of us can afford such things, some of the autocross things range from $50-100. The cheapest "official" thing is a drag race.

Actually fuck off. Youre probably not even a crew member. If you are I'm not the only one who wants to punch you.

It's manual.

>Youre probably not even a crew member
And you faggots are? Top kek mate. Keep tearing up those mall parking lots.

what are you trying do exactly?
Chill the fuck out

Why are you so mad about other people doing things that you don't like?

(You)
Troll confirmed.

This is some pretty weak shit.

Ignore the calicucks shitting up the thread

on the bright side, we are being bumped.

Here you go m8.

Actually kekked. Top banter.

Keksimus Maximus the 3rd

>There's an AMC next to happy teahouse

Yeah, don't go there unless you enjoy hearing niggers yell at the screen, TAKE FUCKING CELL PHONE PICTURES OF THE SCREEN and then get into fights outside.

Nice rusty taurus. You ever clean that thing?

That's a gun, not ford taurus.

I vote for the Edwards Theater on Silber at I-10. It's also in the same complex as the Dave and Busters.

Stop making good suggestions, how are we supposed to unproductively argue about things?

It's a great theater, you don't find a bad crowd there and Dave & Busters is a good combo.

S&W 24... Its a stainless steel pistol so no rust friend. Its just a dirty work gun

Seconded, I went there a while ago and was amazed at being able to watch a movie without hooting, clapping, or babies crying/being slapped.

bampu

100F daily soon?

Starting tomorrow, probably.

11 days.

Taurus makes shitpistols so I think he was making fun of my s&w

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618635946.html

Oh god, oh god, someone save it, please. It's almost too good to be true.

Does he even know what he got?

He literally does not know what he's got, which is why I'm panicking. This opportunity is so rare.

FUCK I JUST PAYED SPENT MONEY ON SOME SHIT
GODDAMMIT

*spent money
I'm pretty fucking salty right now.

Is t-this real life? I swear, one of you should get this.

DAT progress

Almost back in action, nice.

>bunch of Veeky Forums guys
>in a hotel room together

Someone bring a couple GoPros, you'll make bank off the video on redtube

>redtube
peasant

>tfw should be starting at an imouto's favorite car dealership next week

I bought rad hoses and a fuel line union for my mechanic today. Which are the last things to hook up.

He's fixing the trans dipstick line which I ruptured accidentally while grinding off the exhaust. Once all fluids are filled we'll see if that bitch starts. Im out getting a shifter rn so I can replace the one I broke

How long till you can take it out for a test drive?

I emailed him this morning ing. I'd buy it cash today if he had it. But no response so far. I imagine he got some offers yesterday that were well above his asking price

Well he did mention he was working long hours, so it's more than likely he will respond a bit late. He probably did get a lot of offers no doubt, but there is a chance that he didn't. I really hope you get it, this is a fantastic deal.

Bump

It'll be done in like an hour. After that it needs to go to the muffler shop to get the exhaust reunited

It's a troll post.

He just called me and said it was done. Gonna pick it up and take that bitch for a whirl

I literally saw that exact setup in a thread about CL phishing yesterday. Manual S13 that he bought for his daughter but "she refuses to learn manual", $1300 that "I'm just trying to get back", works long hours so send an email. Notice how it doesn't have a license plate in any of the pictures?

Either it's a trollpost made by an Veeky Forumstist, or it's a scammer. Ignore it.

Eh.. you're right. It probably is a troll post, too good to be true.

When I say "literally saw that exact setup", I mean literally.