Is the Toyota Celica a good first car?

Is the Toyota Celica a good first car?
What issues can I expect to have?
Does anyone own one on Veeky Forums? What do you think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

boston.craigslist.org/sob/ctd/5602161711.html
carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=CFL_0&vin=JTDDR32T540171896
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ricer

Yes

Pretty good if you get the 1.8 2zzge

I've owned 6 celicas but not any of the gay fwd ones good luck OP.

Hilarious thing the ''gay fwd one'' is most likely by far the fastest one. kys

Yeah gt-s or nothing, the 1zz motor in the base is awful. Had a friend that went through 3 of them.

This is what happens when the kids from /b discover other boards.

How are the GT-Rs?

this
same engine, 1zz just eats about 50% more ass
mr2 spyder has it and the 2zz is swapped into those a lot.

I have seen 2zzs eat headgaskets doesn't seem to common though, 1zz are slow pre cat eating oil burners.

stupid burger who only got shitty american market celicas detected.

the alltrac is by far the fastest one, gaylord

faster than corvettes

I had one, I'll give you my honest opinion.

It was an 01 Celica GT 5 speed. It had around 120k, my second vehicle I ever bought. I drove it for 3 years, putting 50k on it.

It was a good car for what it was. Under powered for sure, but I could keep up with traffic and pass people easily enough. It drove great every day, and I never had any real major issues with it. Just tires, battery, plugs, filters,oil.

I averaged 34 miles to the gallon, peaked at 40mpg once.(Drove like an absolute granny)

Back seats are a laughable excuse, but you can fit two friends back their if everyone squeezes in.

After how well mine had been, my friend bought one as well. He had his for about two years, and only did regular maintenance. His drove better than mine!

Overall Id recommend it if you find a good condition one with a decent maintenance history.They are a good stater or beater car that can get good gas mileage. The only really big drawback I found was high insurance. But I was in my teens so its hard to say.

Hope this helps.

A friend of mine had one, so I can't really say anything about how the car drives, but I remember the interior looking okay, I particularly liked the dashboard. The back seats are terrible, as said. You can fit two normal sized people in there for short distances, but I guess for kids or midgets it would be okay.
I do remember the trunk being somewhat spacious thou. You can fit a whole lot of stuff in there.

Speaking of the Celica, I plan to go look at one this week. What do you guys think of this?
boston.craigslist.org/sob/ctd/5602161711.html
And the Carfax:
carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=CFL_0&vin=JTDDR32T540171896

>had a friend
No you didnt

For that generation or just the the celica overall. I had a 95 celica gt hatchback which I loved the crap out of. Top speed wasn't great but it was fun zipping around other cars. It had a head gasket problem and I had to get rid of it i didn't want to do the work and didn't want to pay for it.

0-100 of a stock zzt-231 is the same as a st205

Automatic 1ZZ? Did you not learn anything.

I have a 6 speed 2ZZ-GE. Is good times and the only version that l think is worth it because of the engine and tranny

>fwd is the fastest one
Keep on dreaming son, st-205 masterrace

Celica's from the 5th gen and back are pretty good provided you get them in manual, even the FWD ones are alright in manual.

The 6th gen GT4 looks good and I've seen some good looking 7th gens with bodykits but mostly the 6th gen (apart from GT4) and 7th gen look like shit.

Right now I daily drive a 1991 SX (GT for americans) coupe, other car is a track car and it's broken.

the only GT Four Celica I've seen for sale around here is one that was "heavily modified for rally" and I would have bought it too If I had the funds at the time

pic kinda related, I saw this on a Japanese auction site