Hey guys

Hey guys,

What's a nice new/used DD sporty car under 20k? I'm not looking to add shit on it, just drive around and have fun. I don't want any headaches so something reliable and recent is a plus.

Looking at the BRZ/FRS or a GTI right now.

Thoughts?

E46 335. Spend the rest on tires.

RX8
S200
G35
350z
FRS
BRZ
Charger
BMW 3-Series
Acura TL
Mustang
Mazda 3
Miata
Fiesta
Lancer
BMW Z3
Saturn Sky

>FRS
>BRZ
>no GT86

cash or financing?

Pretty much Fiesta ST

This guys list is pretty comprehensive.

>financing a 20k car
Get a better job faggot. Flipping burgers obviously isn't cutting it

>he asks for reliable
>first on your list is a rotary
THE MAD MAN

If you get a GTI as soon as you hit 180k sell it and it'll be reliable.

Lexus is350

You right, I forgot about the 86. I'm an Americuck however so I only remember the Toyobaru

are you op?

Stop shilling for E46 already. They're so ugly.

OP here. Forgot to mention I'm in Canada, so gotta be winter worthy.

For someone with shit taste in aesthetics that doesn't want a proper performance vehicle, sure.

>Sports car
>cheap
>reliable
you get all three

>E46 335
Not just ugly, but a 3600 lbs landyacht. It's good for the occasional hooning and covering a lot of miles of highway faster than you're allowed, but it's far from sporty, fun is debatable and it's definitely not reliable.

OP here. Forgot to mention I'm in the amazon rainforest, so it has to have a laser that can target and destroy insects

>not reliable
I've driven both of mine from 30 and 70ks miles to their current mileages, 150 and 170k. Never had any issues
>not sporty
Confirmed for never driving one through twisties

WRX, possibly STI

>cheap
For what you get, it really isn't cheap
Can't say I don't want one though

My grandpa had one, electrical problems every half year. The ride and seats were tailored for scrawny grandpa butts. Everyone else I know who had one either got rid of it after the first 3 visits to the shop for major repairs or is sinking between 5 and 10 grand into it almost every year. That's my observation and nothing you could say will change that.

It's a good car, I will grant you that, powerful, quite comfy, enough space without being huge, but it's not sporty, at least not compared to most of what's in this list at least.

Sorry your grandpa got a lemon. Sorry you spew the reliability meme every chance you get. Myself and everyone I know with them have all had great experiences. 5 grand for a repair? Should have kept up on standard maintenance. What was that bill even for? A transmission?

A rwd car with snow tires. fuck off.

OP here, forgot to mention I live at sea. So it has to be a boat.

I got you senpai

I think that the NC miatas are pretty underrated. They're a bit larger, so it's more comfy for DDing. Still very light, and the power bump from the 1.8 to 2.0 does help a lot.

3 out of 4 E46 owners I know had """lemons""" then. Calling it a meme doesn't make it any less true. One of my friends needed a new cat, BMW replaced it without finding the problem that killed it, had to replace it again a couple months later, still didn't find the cause.

Well you live in Canada so you can get cool japanese imports. I know you want something new but Im going to be a faggot and suggest these instead

>Low mileage skyline of some sort
You should definitely be able to find a r32 GTR with less than 100k kms for that price. Its got power, its awd and they are pretty reliable if you get one that has been maintained.

>toyota JZX chassis
You can find a mint jzx100 for under 12k. They are super reliable and a ton of fun. Come manual and with a LSD. Pretty easy to find parts for in Canada as well.

>bmw
>proper performance
lol good one m8