/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

"Chink ego" Edition.

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/xyzz/vita-idu/releases/tag/1.0
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46185&start=60
rinnegatamante.it/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=29
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates-requests/275615-request-7th-dragon-3-code-vfd-usa-dlc-please.html
wololo.net/2015/07/27/vita-hdmi-mod-pinouts-xmax-katsu-not-verified/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

METROID PRIME FEDERATION FORCE AND STYLE SAVVY FASHION FORWARD AND DRAGON QUEST VII AND SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV APOCALYPSE LEAK WHEN RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck you OP. The thread survives 2-3 hours after bump limit, you don't have to make a new thread that fast. Kill yourself.

Nintendo could sue you if you use it.

Fuck off.

R-really? Any source for that? :).

I don't care about being banned, I care about being sued.

Quick! Tell me a good hack of any 3ds Pokemon game that is challenging!

Also I know about meme sapphire but I'm wondering whether or not to get the Lewd edition or just Busty May edition.

>I don't care about being banned, I care about being sued.

America: The land of freedom

>Sue people for installing cias offline with FBI or BigBlueMenu.

Haha I'm sorry what?

How do I change pokemon like this? I just installed homebrew recently in order to inject pokemon in ORAS SO i'm rather new to 3ds modding.

Guys, i just got a new 3ds and it won't turn on. I tried banging it, biting it, submerging it mineral oil (I watch LinusTechTips i know what i'm doing ok), hell i even kissed it and it won't turn it (it's probably being tsundere).

What the fuck do i do?

Busty May IMO.

not op but stop being a little bitch just because you weren't fast enough to post whatever dumb picture you wanted to post

FOR USING FREESHOP AND DONWLOADING RIGHT OFF NINTENDOS SERVERS >:(

did you fuck it?

The reason people care is simply for reducing the time we spend being split across two threads, and in some cases that they did intend to update the news and it is just polite to keep that semi-possible by not always being in an antsy pants rush.

I'll get that instead then. The lewd version is useless if only a select few sprites are changed and nothing else.

No... am i supposed to?

Yes. Vigorously.

Fuck it. Rape it. Make it know who it's owner is.

And then plug in the goddamn power cable.

Well, the busy version is only busty in the "Trainer battle" model.

The overworld model is still rather chibi.

BUT I think the hot pants and the black tank top are a rather cool combination than having a flat loli naked around.

I guess it's fine if the chibi model doesn't change much if the clothes looks good.

What about the X & Y games? Any hack that makes them at least somewhat challenging?

ANSWER ME GUYS

ANSWER ME NOW

NOW
O
W

IS FREESHOP REALLY SAFE TO USE? CAN NINTENDO REALLY

REALLY

NOT TELL IF I PIRATED THE GAME OR BOUGHT IT?

ANSWER ME PLEASE

PLEASE
LEASE
EASE
ASE
SE
E

it's safe

So far it has, but no one knows the future.

They can't tell.
If you're that worried, get an FTP client and .cia and do it that way.
Also, look up your own shit next time.

There is a mod for X/Y to make them allegedly harder/"competitive", but I forgot it's name.

Ironically, it is no different to doing this which should explain why it's safe you huge faggot.

in theory they should be able to tell
in practice they haven't done shit about piracy except patch exploits and we suspect it's any or all of (a) they don't care enough to spend resources bothering (b) they don't want to accidentally screw with legitimate users (c) they don't know how

github.com/xyzz/vita-idu/releases/tag/1.0
CEX>DEX and DEX>CEX.

Mustard gas.

Eternal X and Wilting Y are pretty decent.

Cool, but what is this useful for?

didn't notice new thread

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

How can they not tell?

Nothing really for endusers, but should be useful for people that wanna explore the system. Demo units have some debug options.

You have to go back.

What kind of debug options? Anything cool?

I'm also up to this part in Plailect's guide (Part 5 Section III Step 2). Anyone found what options to enable?

129 where?

Keep me updated im curious, especially on the firmware

>tfw continuing to shitpost

Forgive my ignorance but what's .cia and CFW?

For what purpose?

Yiff's chink ego killed the scene already. Henkaku will not be anything other than a bunch of emulators and it's only grace would be PC-to-Vita Remote Play with Moonlight.

.cias are the games you install
cfw is custom firmware

I'm that user, and I tried just using the 3 options that are presented, and so far it's working for me.

CFW is custom firmware, lets you run illegitimate .cia files (i.e. pirate games)
.cia = CTR installable archive.
CTR = 3ds.
A .cia contains software for the 3DS like a game, DLC or some system files. Could be anything really.

>le assblasted h.a.l.f.channer meme

Actually 109, and EB Games. I think Walmart had them 129, and Toys R Us had them about the same or a discount if you bought a store model. They had Yokai 2DS there as well, but I dunno how far that shit would be.

Assuming Canadian.

that didn't do anything

Does anyone here actually know programming and understand how the Vita games are so heavily encrypted?

If so, can you explain in layman terms? I don't know much about programming.

I'll check them out, thanks.

I should have seen this coming, but I didn't.

Finally Vita Quake gets mod and multiplayer support.

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46185&start=60

>Here we are, the wait is finished, vitaQuake v.2.0 is now available for download!

vitaQuake v.2.0 has a lot of new cool features:

Multiplayer support: Enjoy the competitive gameplay of Quake with other players. vitaQuake now supports both locale and online multiplayer and we have also started an official online server with 16 slots. vitaQuake supports both native Quake and ProQuake servers. If you want to join the multiplayer community, take a look here: rinnegatamante.it/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=29
Mods support: Now vitaQuake supports mods. Enjoy mods for Quake and easily change the current in use mod with the comfortable Mod Selector included in the download package.

Soundtrack support: Tired of no music in background? Now vitaQuake supports also CDAudio tracks! More info on how to use official Quake soundtrack can be found in first post.

Several improvements and minor additions: A lot of bugfixs, minor features and improvements had been made. I suggest you to take a look at the complete changelog to figure out all the new changes!

Theyre people who torrent without vpn and get caught. It's either there ISP telling them to stop or a copyright troll stealing money. You get in deep shit if you UPLOAD or DISTRIBUTE the game. Downloading would either result in getting a small fine or your ISP telling to stop it. It also depends in your country. Why would you hack your system just to backdown in the end?

more kickass homebrew huh? Vita is finally saved.

Does anyone have the DLC for 7th dragon? I tried the CIA from 3dsiso but it didn't work.

What's inside the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder in the SDroot? My dumbass didn't backup saves before I mod the console, only backup my SDroot content.
Are there any saves in that folder? I'm trying to recover my save from the digital version of MH4U.

What exactly are you asking about? How/why are Vita games so heavily encrypted, or how/why is the Vita itself so secure?

Haha... yes?! And they're all encrypted in a way that requires them to work on the system.

Saves are on the catridge unless digital. If digital gj you fucking mongoloid, the guide tells you to back them up

I think it's pretty awesome yes. Why, are you making something better than that?

>tl;dr

no. neither is anyone, apparently.

not anything worth of a kexploit at least.

Is wiiu still on 5.5.1?

I'm sure more people will be interested in getting things done in the Vita scene if we put the devs actually working on it down right? Makes sense.

op

Haven't used my 3ds in awhile and when I played today my circle pad crumbled apart, what do?

I was gonna spoonfeed you but
>tl dr
you can still recover the saves if you copied the sd contents before hacking your 3ds

super glue it back on

>sucking up to literal whos who lack the skill to do anything remotely relevant

works in theory, not in practice. the ones who actually know their shit will do whatever they want regardless of your input because fuck you, that's why.

and this isn't Reddit. that one topic where yifanlu basic said 'fuck the scene' is disgusting. I don't think they could get his cock any further down their throats, not a single person calling him out on his bullshit.

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates-requests/275615-request-7th-dragon-3-code-vfd-usa-dlc-please.html
The QR code in this thread worked for me.

That wasn't me.
I would appreciate it if I don't have to do all those egg delivery quest again.

sure...

It literally crumbled to small pieces, kinda hard to glue back

glue a nickle on it, should be about the same size.

or you can buy a replacement part

>being that edgy
Someone ported quake to vita and implemented multiplayer and mod support and I think that's cool. How about you stop being a 12 yo kid?

It really wasn't me. I don't really know how else to prove it.
I don't blame you, considering there are always shitposting jerks in these threads.

Really makes you think

I installed menuhax and when I turn on my 3DS while holding L the screen turns black and says and error has ocurred, I can open it with browserhax, could someone tell me why does this happen?

That's the same one I tried. When I go to check Purchased DLC it shows nothing. I haven't hit chapter 3 yet so I can't check the quests, but do you think it would show up even if it says nothing under purchased dlc?

What is the perfect ratio of peanut butter to jelly on a PB&J Sandwich?
Crusts cut and put on the side, to dip in Nutella, of course.

If you're using the leaked cia of 7th dragon, it's modified so it won't be matched with the dlc

1:2

is there any chance of a vita homebrew that will let you use some kind of video out to a pc?
Since you can transfer files over usb, does that allow it to be possible? or maybe over wifi?
Or should I just go buy a Vita TV instead.

nope
wololo.net/2015/07/27/vita-hdmi-mod-pinouts-xmax-katsu-not-verified/

>I can't check the quests
Well there's your problem. The DLC should show up in the quests once you gain access to them.
I'm using the leaked CIA, and the DLC works fine. Stop spouting nonsense.

Literally not true because the leaker changed the game id

ah. so not even possible through a hard mod? thanks fampai.
oh well at least a vita tv is cheap.

That doesn't tell me if nintendo put out an update, only the safe firmware.

Holy shit, luma bringing the latest hot shit with version 6.01.

Is literelly nothing, again

8.1.0-19U

it is, but would need an interpreter. as there tv is cheap no one really ever invested any time into it.

>doesn't understand general updated naming schemes

Patch notes / what you expect /want

>6.0
>brings nothing noteworthy
tell me more about update increments

>doesn't understand that we got nothing else to do with 3ds cfw anymore

Everyone STFU and tell me if I should use Freeshop NOW!

I want screenshot mechanism, selfbuild cheat options with crazy keycombo activation, able to be more stable than 3ds offcial updates and potato salad.

Is this too much to ask?