Honda Prelude thread? Are these good cars? They seem really nice, love the look

Honda Prelude thread? Are these good cars? They seem really nice, love the look.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kacEW3UtR5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here we go

Good car, not-so-great layout

Whats bad about it?

>FF

fuck off holy shit

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way
>FF
>heavier than civic and integra
>shit interior
>later Gens are pig fat af

Now we can discuss from there.

"Durr fwd a shit" meme

People discredit a good car just because it's not rwd

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=kacEW3UtR5M

Not really, they're shit.

>>shit interior
Not the 4th gen with that dash.

>shit interior
How? The reason they're heavy is because the interior is so luxurious.

these fucks mad that this prelude can smoke what they are driving

You can still race and rally it and have fun though.

rwd cucks BTFO

It's a really bad mediocre car. Better to build a civic.

Stop making these threads.

I hope you get banned from life.

Is this a joke, that Jun prelude is almost as fast as the s2k on the touge run

only because the other civic they brought were not complete and very experimental

WAT is up with the constant prelewd shilling threads on Veeky Forums lately? I feel like it's the new AE86 meme machine

>inb4 this faggot hates lewds because "hurr durr FWD"
nah I actually like them, my brother has an SH. It's a gud shitbox for what it is, but I wouldn't go out of my way to own one

>shitbox
No, it's not.

>car is over 15 years old
>not a shitbox
pick one

i dont understand why people think performance based hondas are shitboxes or just hondas in general.

they arent.

>implying any car over 15 years old is a shitbox
k

Which means they couldn't compete with the JUN Prelude

I just think it's a shitbox because it still has that 90s interior feel. Not to that it's a bad thing, I just wouldn't want to DD something that old. Honda was better in the 90s interior-wise, especially when compared to domestic vehicles, but it still feels dated and slapped together as fuck when compared to something built within the last 10 years

So your argument is that the prelude and Honda in general is/are a shit box because of interior?

>the prelude beat poorly set up cars meant to be tested and not for all out best performance
Wow

Which is what every Civic is compared to a prelude, poorly setup junk

Who cares about interior

I mean this is a special case. It REALLY should have been FR. It would have been perfect. Instead it was another civic with a different body.

Same goes for the eclipse.

2-door accord, not Civic.

IT'S NOT AN ACCORD
REEEEEEEEEE

It's much smaller than the Accord and slightly smaller than civic
Nope. Wrong.

And what did it do different? It could have been great. It was the same shit Honda was putting out.

Very good engine. Was used to test new technology that they still make use of today. Solid chassis and good suspension from factory.

>not an accord
>entire engine bay sheet metal, mounts, axles, engine and drivetrain are accord compatible

sup

>Are they good cars?
yeah, but stock-for-stock compared to competitors from the same years it'll be slower unless you can find the highest level trims. (assuming you can find one stock to begin with)

>why does Veeky Forums not like it
FF
Is outclassed by the Civic in all regards unless you listen to the JUN shills who swear a purpose built toguecar is what everyone is going to end up with for a reasonable price/maintenance.
Good aftermarket
Most models have shit engines

>why I like it
Leather options aplenty
stick shift, rev-happy VTEC engines available
looks good with my Integra
is often slower than my Integra

Tl;dr
It's a good first car, it's a good commuter, it's a great project if you have time and a lot of money.
But, as with every other vehicle there -are- better options for your money. It just comes down to "What do -you- want?"

Hope you're still around OP

Jun prelude is pretty close to stock my family .

mi familia...

>close to stock

JUN shills, everyone.

their Integra has less done to it than the Prelude.

>no weight reduction
>stock brakes

Are you really starting a tuning house argument ? Are you seriously going to throw down? Youre taking all this shit for real? I'm done with this thread .

I'm sorry, you must be salty that your JUN prelude is not close to bone stock at all.

>tuning house argument
there is no argument, you're the one who claimed
>close to stock
while the opposite is true.

>weight redo
>brakes

Dear jesus, brakes are done on your own dime, babe.
Weight redo is for boyracers.

love these worthless toy parts for chinese baby bitch engine

i cant believe there is a viable market for this shit

now i do understand, most hondabois are low-key ricers. they don't understand how just doing engine work is all a car needs to be good, and when only engine/powertrain work is done to a car, they believe it's close to stock, as it lacks things like boost gauges, too many cluster pods, red-painted brembos, and a stripped interior reminiscent of a drag-car CRZ.

yawn.

MOst people? That's the bit you have to be in when you're driving, yea?

not that user but maybe if you're taller than 6'3 or bigger than 300 lbs. I'm 5'11 and 140 lbs, never had a problem getting comfortable in anything but bigger trucks like Suburbans, I don't much like the detached feel of driving those.

>when his height starts with a 5

I know right?

>mfw when Chad's 6'2"

>mfw chad doesn't own this

>neither do I

Why are you on Veeky Forums If you're "most people" when it comes to cars ?

Hahaha ha since when I've seen a prelude go up against a 325ci and lose and the 325 wasn't even fast.

that means nothing without more details

I'll take credit for the first few threads. I wanted more info on the car because I was thinking of buying one. Now I can't decide because not only can Veeky Forums not be objective about a Honda, they don't know anything at all about the car. Not to mention every thread I made divulged into FF KEKS VS RWD KEKS before 404'ing.

What do you want to know about it? I've had mine for ~5 years now. Learned manual in it, dragged it for a season (lel), daily drove it 100/miles a day for a while, and now have it as a project car.

>s2k
>poorly setup

I've always loved the looks of the 5th gen therefore I've always wanted one. My budget is $3k and under. My other choices were Miata, Mustang (foxbody preferred but any will do), and 240sx's. I don't intend to mod the car so it will be stock. The express purpose is to have a fun second car. At the moment I daily an auto sc300, so I'd learn stick on this car.

So, does the Prelude hold a candle to my other choices? It is the only one that's front wheel drive. I have no passion or knowledge about Hondas so I don't know. But I did read that the SH comes with ATTS, which I guess gives it an almost rear wheel drive feel. Is it worth it?

z31

I have had one for about 7 years and I haven't had a more reliable car. Only thing thing I don't like is where the oil filter is.

>Is it worth it?
The SH is worth getting, especially if you don't plan on modding it too much. The SH is actually a difficult car to mod beyond breathing improvements, because you need to stay OBDII to keep ATTS, but it's really great out of the box. The feel isn't quite rear-wheel drive, but more of a "point-and-shoot" directness to the handling. I'm not sure if they're at the $3k mark though.

>does the Prelude hold a candle to my other choices?
It will objectively handle better than all of them, Miata included. A Mustang might be faster in a straight line depending on the car. It's definitely worth considering in that list.

>Only thing thing I don't like is where the oil filter is.
Really? I prefer the location of the oil filter over both my S2000 and 8g Civic.

Thanks for the advice. Got any pics of your lude?

A less luxurious, less reliable, uglier MK3 Supra? Why?

Mine is right over the cat. 5th gen.

rwd

Sure, pic related. It's in mostly good shape, but I plan on rebuilding it over the next year or two. I have a pile of parts (cams, valves, CF stuff, etc) waiting for it. It's an SH, so I'm going to attempt to tune it with a piggyback. Figure I can experiment a bit since I have garage space for it now it's not my daily driver anymore.

Back of the engine, right? I always thought it was easy to reach over top to remove it, and it never spilled oil everywhere like the Civic and S2000 do. Only thing that's a pain is the oil cooler, had a hell of a time replacing the o-ring back there. I think it's a bit easier to reach on a base than the SH, but the SH doesn't seem too bad to begin with.

...that's it?

Worst car ever made.

Hated by honda enthusiasts.

You don't speak for me, faggot

He is retarded.

Prelude is a shit car but the interior is nice.

Just the prelude is.

Even honda people don't like the shitludes.

They are okay for what you pay though...

hahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhah

>Even honda people don't like the shitludes.
Good because I don't like "honda people."

Good because honda people don't like you either.

>says he's a Honda "Person"
>doesn't like the Prelude
You're not a Honda Person so again, you don't speak for me

"""""people"""""

>honda people
You mean mexicans?

Whites, Asians, Blacks and Mexicans.

How many prelude builds do you see?

fuck this

not true.

test