>20x9 Black Wheels
>Stripe Delete
TrueCar: $36.1k

OR

>R/T Scat Pack (6.4L)
>A8
>Driver Convenience Group
TrueCar: $37.3k

My main concern is that I've never driven any fast cars in my life and I don't want to end up wrapped around a lamp post.

I was able to test drive the 5.7L several times, but I can't find any used Scat Packs and the dealer's are anal about test drives on the 6.4L. How much difference is there between the 5.7L and 6.4L?

6.4L sounds fucking amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-/191885968297?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2cad4b83a9:g:7~sAAOSwhRxXLJpR&item=191885968297
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The 5.7 in that boat anchor is stupid slow for the price

Get the 6.4

Scat pack is best value for money trim right now, period. Even when comparing to Ford and GM.

I wouldn't be too thrilled about an automatic, but ZF's 8 speed is pretty much king of thill right now. Not a bad choice.

When you're choosing between both, with both having the DCG, and one having just some cosmetic options, I'd go for the Scat Pack. You're getting more horsepower (in a pretty heavy chassis), and I think it'll be manageable with the nannies on.

Scat Pack, no question. Why is Dodge trying to jew people with the 5.7L? Didn't even know it was still around desu.

>Scat pack
>to compete with GM's SS-sturmwagen
American Muscle Cars Marketing Gods at their best

>My main concern is that I've never driven any fast cars in my life and I don't want to end up wrapped around a lamp post.
You won't bro, that's just a meme that cucks propagate because their wives hold the purse.

Save 6k and get a manual 2.8L blown SRT8 from this old boomer.
ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-/191885968297?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2cad4b83a9:g:7~sAAOSwhRxXLJpR&item=191885968297

4got pic.

Most cars have driving modes to prevent users from naturally selecting themselves. As long as you don't floor the vehicle, most modern cars in eco mode have the throttle response of a shitbox.

>Chevrolet SS
>Starting at 48K
>415hp

>Dodge Charger Scat Pack
>Starting at 40K
>485hp
At that point there's enough left for a manual swap if you want it - and the automatic option (which OP is looking for) is better in the Charger, with it's ZF 8spd versus the 6L in the SS. Both get identical MPG, and both are in the neighborhood of 4000lbs.

>Chevrolet Camaro SS
>Starting at 37K
>455hp

>Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
>Starting at 39K
>485hp
And yes, the Camaro has a more modern and a chassis that's immensely light, but the Scat Pack's engine (which really is it's centerpiece) offers great value for the money.

>manual
OP is clearly looking for an automatic.

about 0.7 L

I never understood why faggots are afraid to drive a fast car. You drive the car, the car doesn't drive you. The car is not going to missile into a ditch, you will. The car didn't oversteer and overcorrect into a double parked car while playing eurobeat. I did. You can drive a Gt500 as easy as a geo metro. And you can crash just as hard too.

Can't tell if you're serious.

get the manual you cuck.

Why?

because automatic is for faggots

Why wouldn't I be serious? Am I incorrect about you driving the car and it not driving you? What's the problem here retard? If you drive like a fucking idiot expect similar outcomes. How can you possibly be afraid of an inanimate object that you have control over? Yeah some cars are have more POTENTIAL, but you control the pedal and the brake.

This is true.

You've clearly never driven anything with a ZF 8HP.

Why is Dodge the only company trying to preserve the modern muscle look? The Mustang and Camaro don't even fucking compare.

>you will kill yourself in the same way regardless of vehicle so long as you are driving it

I better steer clear of tricycles if I don't want to end up like Walker.

Dodge isn't preserving the modern muscle look - it's the only one that hasn't refreshed it's modern musclecar yet. Mustang and Camaro both had their fifth generation which was a styling throwback to the old firstgens, and they've modernised that with their respective sixth gens. Dodge released their 3rd gen Challenger as a throback to it's first gen, and their just haven't got around to creating a 4th gen - which will undoubtably be more modern. Then again, Dodge has clearly made the Challenger a musclecar (big engine, big car), whereas the Camaro and Mustang blur the lines between sportscar, ponycar and musclecar more and more.

They did refresh it. The new challenger only takes queues from the old one, but doesn't really look at all like the old one.

Compare them side to side.

Dodge just did a better job by keeping the car's lines simple.

They haven't made a fourth gen yet. That's when they'll properly modernise it, and go to a lighter FCA chassis instead of the old DaimlerChrysler one.

get a GT Premium

It'll have a nicer interior and features, be lighter and handle better, and still beat the Shaker in a straight line

Not sure about the Scat Pack but it could probably walk that too

Oh and it sounds mean as fuck

Thanks for you input guys.

Don't like the current gen looks at all, desu.

They're not that alike though. A Mustang is a ponycar - the Challenger is a musclecar.

But you're wrong. They literally went from a retro 1970 throwback to a 1971 throwback. The body is identical. Posts like yours are why no one takes Veeky Forums seriously.

Those classifications are ancient

Unless you classify a pony car as car with the same power as a muscle car but better handling lmao

The Challenger isn't even properly American. Owned by Italians, engine produced in Mexico then sent to Canada to be assembled, and I think the Germans make the chassis.

I meant the actual old challenger.

What if you want to be able to put people in the back seat? or not drive into people?

Kek, I got the reference. But you missed my point friend. He said he's concerned about fast cars. I would be more afraid of unreliable, unsafe shit boxes then a well built, safe supercar. Would you not agree?

Let me throw this comparison out there for you:

You find 2 cars on craigslist. Let's say 2 2011 Mustangs for the same price, one is a V8 with 60k miles while the other is a V6 with 10k miles. Now would you choose the v6 for the sole reason of you being concerned of the V8s potential speed?

>I think the Germans make the chassis.
They designed the chassis, when DaimlerChrysler was still a thing. The engine is an all-american design though.

I would be concerned about the low-end torque on acceleration.

>Scat Pack
>Poop Pack
I can't take that seriously

Get the 6.4L, 5.7 is a cuck V8
t. 392 driver

then get a sedan

why compromise with a muscle car? thats not what theyre for

When it comes to the a choice between the 5.7 and the 6.4, it really boils down to what you prefer. I've driven both (and owned a Magnum with the 5.7) and I didn't see much of a difference outside of a bit of performance that is negligible unless you're trying to race.

Honestly, the 6.4l will be worth more in 5 years so get that. Tho, if I was buying a new Dodge vehicle I'd definitely get the Hellcat Charger. Chargers seem to hold their value better than their Challenger counterpart.

why not both?

Even the 73 had the same body as the 70 you fucking re re.
Dodge won't modernize the challenger. That's the point of it being a challenger.

The name scat pack is in reference to the original scat pack from the late 60s.
Long before that stupid ass slang word came to exist.
The cars in the pack that started in 1968 where the charger r/t, the cornet r/t, the Super bee and the dart gts. In 1970 the challenger r/t was added.