At what age did you realize there is a replacememnt for displacement?

At what age did you realize there is a replacememnt for displacement?

OH NO THERE'S A NEW MEME IMAGE TO LOOK AT FOR LITERAL Y E A R S

NEW TOP GEAR REALLY IS HORRIBLE

Only one of those is a car

Technically both are

>Car: "a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people"

BTFO!!!

>damage control engaged

>tfw actually on the shitposter side for some reason

Also, before the argument comes up
>implying you would DD a viper acr mk v

By that definition quads are also cars

you straddle a quad, you dont sit in a seat

That's not in what you posted fag

When I became a man.

/thread

>implying I wouldn't
I'm young and stupid and not a geriatric who can't survive bring beat to death on a bumpy road.

Now where's my free Viper?

amerifats BTFO

Your waifu a shit.

you don't even know who my waifu is faglord

I guarantee she's trash.

>people

>as in more than one

>there is a replacement for displacement?

scientifically speaking, that's not true.
a larger engine makes more power under the same boost ex.

same reason top fuel makes 11,000 HP.

Boost and weight are just a band-aid for small engines.

>top fuel

lolcan'tturn

>inb4 butthurt V8 fags claiming turbos are cheating

>viper has a v10
>mono is N/A

That isn't the argument of the topic. There is no replacement for displacement

They use nitro methane and supercharger instead of higher displacement na engines
Gg no re

yes there is

replace the shitty ICE with a turbine or a turbojet

turbojets have 0 cylinders displace 0 liters and generate infinity hp/liter

Probably around 15 years old. Obama got elected and I realized that the US wasn't that great and the US is all about "no replacement for muh displacements"

>15
>obama elected

underage

Pls no ban

>plane engine in a car
Whats the point??
Just buy a plane

/arguement

Nope, you can still calculate swept volume on a turbojet.

obama was elected first in 2008, 15+8=23 dipshit

yes but theres no cylinders

>Normies can ride in the viper with their qt
>OP can ride in the mono with his

That awkward moment when the Corvette ZR1 was 2 seconds faster around Spa than this paperplane with wheels.

Now put the Viper engine in the BAC.

All you're showing here is that the BAC chassis is better than the Viper chassis. You're not showing that the engine is better because it lacks displacement.

Isn't it funny how most car shows / meets the world over V8's are generally revered as attainable performance engines chosen over pretty much anything else. With the exception being the US where it is the standard, and if you show up with anything less you get laughed off the strip.

>the viper takes half a second to get from 96.561 to 100kph

Funny, the said dragster is using boost.

So which would you pick?
A 200HP engine vs same 200HP engine with a turbo.

Considering the 200HP with the turbo would probably end up in the 320-340HP area you'd be retarded to not pick the more efficient turbo engine.

>same reason top fuel makes 11,000 HP
The biggest reason a top fuel motor is capable of such outputs is not the displacement, but the fuel itself. When you consider a top alcohol motor of similar construction (in all but fuel delivery and ignition specific to changes in fuel) doesn't even make half of what a top fueller makes, you'll see there are indeed replacements for displacement.

One on the left can actually be driven comfortably and still have high performance.

>there are indeed replacements for displacement
You can use the same fuel and forced induction with a larger engine, thus getting more power out of it. There's no feasible scenario where a smaller engine will put out more power than a similarly treated larger engine. Making engines smaller and lighter by using nifty technology makes more sense, but ultimately isn't a replacement, it's a compromise between power and weight. The aforementioned BAC Mono is a compromise, whereas a small company in Germany makes 16l V8 engined Cobras with 2100 PS with the non-street legal fuel option. Where's your 4 cylinder turbo god now?

>a small company in Germany makes 16l V8 engined Cobras with 2100 PS with the non-street legal fuel option
You mean Weineck? They only made up to 780ci (12.9L displacement) V8 Cobras, and those only make 1200hp. Go to Nelson Racing Engines, and see what a set of turbos can add to a big block. Especially the variable boost, which allows for massive power gains on race gas or stuff like E85.

Did Google just tell you that? Looks like it's not up to date.

So if you have a car and its impossible to fit a bigger engine with the desired performance to it, you just quit and say its impossible.

Or do you go with the largest engine capable and then increase it's volumetric efficiency to bring it up to the performance level you require?

>You can use the same fuel and forced induction with a larger engine, thus getting more power out of it.
>There's no feasible scenario where a smaller engine will put out more power than a similarly treated larger engine.
No shit, but that doesn't prove anything to the contrary.
>Making engines smaller and lighter by using nifty technology makes more sense, but ultimately isn't a replacement
Depending on the end goal, it is exactly that. A replacement.
You can take two identical displacement motors and utilise different methods that don't include increasing displacement, to increase output. That is replacing displacement.
When you can force feed twice the atmosphere into half the engine to develop a theoretical identical output to that of an example twice the capacity, that is the very definition of the subject matter. Displacement replacement.

tl,dr; you can both replace displacement, and supplement displacement. They don't cancel each other out.

You know damn well why the Mono beat the ACR on the track. And I mean the serious reason, not the joke reason

So Teslas aren't cars?

You realize that one literally weighs 1 ton less than the other yes?

Hand

If you've got some up to date sources, I'd love to see them.

Are you literally retarded?

You realize that the replacement is weight reduction yes?

Weight reduction is a complement for displacement, not a replacement. A V10 BAC Mono would be awesome, and significantly faster than both.

>200HP engine making 320-340HP
m8...

inb4 V10 turbo BAC

about the same time I realised not every road is a go cart track and that tiny engines have tiny mtbf
it came to mind that your kind of thinking is short sighted

I always knew the no replacement for displacement crowd were dumb rednecks so always

Who cares? The Viper has a passenger seat, A/C, a stereo, and a trunk. The inevitable ACR X will shit on everything on every track ever. Then Hennessey will come out with another HPE1000 based off of the ACR and capable of some F1 shit.

The Viper is a figurehead. No one gives a shit about your Go Cart in comparison. They aren't competitors in the same market.

how to spot a non enthusiast

>snekfags on LITERAL suicide watch

furfag poster please go

>t. that guy who got "which object weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?" wrong.

no they're electric rockets

>ACR X
>Hennessey Viper ACR

This makes me SO FUCKING HARD

Well, Satan, I watched that OVA because of you. I hope your happy.

The first time I played Gran Turismo

A car you cannot drive off a track is not a replacement it's not even a car

He could have just said Radical, faster and road legal, kek

But the BAC Mono is street legal. That was one of the main points of the Top Gear segment Clarkson did on it.

Last time I checked it didn't pass emission regulations in Germany, so probably not in the US either. But that was back when it got released, maybe they've made changes to get it on the road outside of Britain, where literally anything is allowed.

A thread about displacement and nobody's mentioned doritos? What is this, Veeky Forums??

Well Germany is a faggot. I'm sure it's street legal in most places in the US and Canada except maybe commiefornia. We can drive full out drag cars with parachutes and 2 stroke dirt bikes here. As long as it's registered and insured it's street legal in most places.

>"if the replacement for the displacement is no longer produced in cars is it really a replacement?"

If there is a replacement for displacement then why does literally ever engine have displacement?

There is no replacement for displacement.

>why does literally ever engine have displacement?

Soon.. soon...

Motors are not engines.

It may well be an actual replacement though.

The mono is a road legal production car.

And it has an automatic transmission. Damn nigger how dumb are you?

"Car" is just short for "carriage" so the internal combustion engine isn't necessary

A carriage with a man made device device that produces its own energy to turn the wheels is called a motorized carriage, motor carriage, or motorcar, but "car" is used because of the lack of non-motorized carriages in day to day life :^)

If the mono had more displacement it'd be faster.

/thread

>if the mono had 100000hp it'd be faster

thats wrong

>electric rockets
let's think about that one for a second...

>200HP N/A engine can't make 320-340HP when using forced induction.
m8+8
Stop asking yourself question about your personal disabilities.